Low Magic Age - 40% off Sale

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update for Low Magic Age is Adventure Preview #10 which explains some features of the yet to be released Adventure campaign. Low Magic Age is currently 40% off until January 28th.

Adventure Preview #10

27 December, 2017 - Low Magic Studios
Advanced Facilities in Cities

Unlike small villages that are sparsely populated and slow growing, adventurers can do much more in prosperous big cities: more formal adventure gear stores, more exciting wondrous item shops, and temples that selling various potions and scrolls.

Low Magic? High Magic?
As the name implies, the main story of Low Magic Age occurs in a low-magic world, at least in the early and middle stages of the adventure. But this does not mean that we must forbid the use of potions, scrolls and other relatively high-magic items. Especially the Potion of Heal and Scroll of Resurrect, they are essential for a smooth adventure. So, in normal and easy game difficulty, we'll allow players to obtain and use these items relatively easily.

This is a typical example of balancing reality and gameplay. Of course, in the meanwhile we will provide more challenging difficulty options that limit the use of these items to bring different adventure experience.

Carrying Capacity and Trading Goods

In the Arena mode, players only need to think about the load condition of the character himself. In the Adventure mode, we added two additional concepts about the load:

1. Carrying capacity of party backpack: All the unused equipment and other adventure gears are stored in the public party backpack. The carrying capacity of party backpack is the sum of party members' carrying capacity.

2. Carrying capacity of trading goods storage: The trading goods storage is an independent space for storing and delivering trading goods. Different from common retail items, trading goods are for wholesaling only. The total weight of goods is often unexpected. So the carrying capacity of trading goods storage must be considered carefully.

Every adventure party is initially equipped with the default trading goods delivery method that provides the carrying capacity usually ten times the base carrying capacity of party. With the adventure goes on, the party can obtain or upgrade to bigger storage and supporting delivery methods.
More information.

For that price everybody should buy it, I guess. At least if you like things like Knights of the Chalice. KotC 2 seems to be far off anyway.

At the moment you can only play duel mode, but adventure mode is very promising and I hope we will see a lot of user made modules, too.

For that price everybody should buy it, I guess. At least if you like things like Knights of the Chalice. KotC 2 seems to be far off anyway.

At the moment you can only play duel mode, but adventure mode is very promising and I hope we will see a lot of user made modules, too.

How far off is KotC 2 btw? Its in development for quite some time now..

This game is nothing like KotC. KotC actually had a real campaign and real D&D casting together with slots and resting.

This game might one day become like KotC but I don't see a reason to buy it for that reason. When it actually becomes more than random dungeon crawler with no story it might be worth playing or buying.

It is too bad that Pierre is such an arse, else we would probably have KotC 2 sooner. But I echo Archangel's comments, Low Magic Age is nothing like KotC.

It is too bad that Pierre is such an arse, else we would probably have KotC 2 sooner.
I talk to Pierre on and off about games development. Not sure where this is coming from (unless you're talking about his aesthetic choices which I do find questionable).

If you're insinuating the game would be finished sooner if only he would do X, I wouldn't be too sure. People seem to think that if you double the budget for a game it will come out in half the time but that's really not the case with software development.

Good news on the art front is that all the tiles can be easily swapped out. I'm already in the process of creating an alternate set of static pngs to represent player units and monsters.

I talk to Pierre on and off about games development. Not sure where this is coming from (unless you're talking about his aesthetic choices which I do find questionable).

If you're insinuating the game would be finished sooner if only he would do X, I wouldn't be too sure. People seem to think that if you double the budget for a game it will come out in half the time but that's really not the case with software development.

Good news on the art front is that all the tiles can be easily swapped out. I'm already in the process of creating an alternate set of static pngs to represent player units and monsters.

He is an arse because he won't release the game on GOG or Steam. He would rather stick it to consumers having to buy his game via his shitty website.

This game is nothing like KotC. KotC actually had a real campaign and real D&D casting together with slots and resting.

This game might one day become like KotC but I don't see a reason to buy it for that reason. When it actually becomes more than random dungeon crawler with no story it might be worth playing or buying.

True, for the moment. Although, adventure mode doesn't seem to be that far away. We will have a story then and I hope many more user made ones.

And hey... it's 3.50

He is an arse because he won't release the game on GOG or Steam. He would rather stick it to consumers having to buy his game via his shitty website.

I don't think he's an arse, but it is strange that he won't put it on Steam. Easy money you'd think. I have a version direct from his website and I'd happily also buy a Steam version immediately on release.

I've got low magic age. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I'm waiting for the single player campaign to be finished. I'm in no rush. It looks great.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised Knights of the Chalice hasn't shown up on good old games by now. It would fit in nicely there with all those excellent gold box products.

Pierre has become more flexible vis a vis business models. I suspect KotC2 will end up being more widely published, and KotC with it.

I'm waiting for High Magic Age.

Back
Top Bottom