Inquisitor - Now Available on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces that Inquisitor is now available with a special 10-20% off.

capsule_467x181.jpg

Inquisitor is Now Available on Steam and is 10 - 20% off to celebrate!

Inquisitor is a unique blend of action-oriented combat with a deep and involving tale of betrayal, torture, madness, and infernal damnation. Put your wits to the test as you collect evidence against possible heretics and put them to trial once they have been charged. Use the might of the Inquisition to extract a confession from your subjects, but be warned, use your power wisely or you will face the consequences. If a gritty old-school open-ended isometric RPG is what you looking for, look no further. Inquisitor will provide you with hours of gameplay and a dark, involving story.
More information.

wasn't there an oldie RPG 3rd person view called the inquisitor too?

Not much excitement about this, is anyone playing it?
I played the GOG release a few months back. It's your typical 90's Diablo clone. Not bad but not great either. There should be a few newsbits were people gave their impression.

Inquisitor is not a Diablo clone, it's a genuine full blooded CRPG.

For those who like a challenge its a great game, coffee break casuals will not have much joy with Inquisitor, there is no hand holding, you're left to your own devices.

Inquisitor won best story/writing game of the year 2012 per Gamebanshee and won "The Indie RPG of 2012* and rated at 9/10 per RPG France.

Inquisitor is not a Diablo clone, it's a genuine full blooded CRPG.

I should of said 90's style CRPG since people take words to literally. Anyways you can buy it for $9 that's a bargain.

Last edited:
In the end, the game could have been a lot more than it was, but calling it a Diablo clone is simply stupid. Then again, some boneheaded people still call even Divine Divinity a Diablo clone.

In the end, the game could have been a lot more than it was, but calling it a Diablo clone is simply stupid. Then again, some boneheaded people still call even Divine Divinity a Diablo clone.
Guess I'm bone headed then. Don't worry I'm not offended.:) I clarified what I meant anyway.

The problem:

The combat looks like Diablo, but if a CP (Casual Player) wants to play it like Diablo (mindless Hack & Slay) then he gets his ass kicked :)
You have to plan your character, spellcasting and budget and use combat tactics to survive in the dungeons.

I should probably give this game another chance. I liked the setting and atmosphere, and I thought the writing was definitely above average, but I found the combat to be too clunky and tedious for such a long game.

Inquisitor may be anything but is definetly not Diablo clone.

I liked it a lot for the first hour or two… It really felt like a gem. Then noticed that enemies respawn. Endlessly. There was no option in ingame settings to stop that nor there is mod to prevent it. So the next step was: uninstall.

Yeah the first few hours where you explore town and piece together the mystery of what is going on are great. Leaving town and exploring was a huge disappointment for me though.

I've gotten the sense though that it's possible that the experience is very different depending on what class you play. As a paladin, the game was completely brain dead, you click on an enemy and wait for them to die, then repeat. Occasionally you clicked on a potion. There was so little thought or strategy required that it made diablo look like chess. But it sounds like some of the other classes are a little more interesting.

My problem with Inquisitor was that Chapter 2 is almost a complete redo of Chapter 1. The plot is exactly the same, only the name and rank of the baddy changes. I just quit when I realized this. Still, Chapter 1 gave me enough hours of fun that I feel I got my money's worth.

Methinks Wulf works for or dates somebody on the Inquisition team. He posts defending all things Inquisitor, every time someone mentions it ;)

Methinks Wulf works for or dates somebody on the Inquisition team. He posts defending all things Inquisitor, every time someone mentions it ;)

Or maybe he just likes the game and loves to have a challenge.

It's easy to get bored if you played 200+ CRPGs ...

I almost came across as if i was defending the game eralier. That's not the case at all. I played the game when they first released it on GOG. I actually liked the game at first for its expertly crafted manuals and other documents (too bad, they're digital only), excellent writing (especially various descriptions), neat graphics (The animations are hideous though. It's as if they were made by a completely different art team.), great music, and unique setting, but after spending 6-7 hours with it i simply can't be arsed to continue with it anymore, unless someone tones down enemy respawning, makes movement faster and balances classes (and character advancement) a bit better.

Joxer, I have asked the Skyrim ponies, and they are sure you work for the ASARP:

Anti Skyrim And Respawn Party :)

Attachments

• ask_the_skyrim_ponies.jpg
    ask_the_skyrim_ponies.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 26
I really tried to like it....but a few things really made it hard to get into. For instance if you go to a shopkeeper and he doesn't have what you want, just exit the shop and enter it again and boom new items listed...so no saving up for that weapon or armor you saw.

And although the writing was well done, it was tell not show. It felt like a mini novel for each conversation with characters. I'm sure one day I will try again and get 10 hours or so in and get bored.

Back
Top Bottom