Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c - Page 4 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c

September 9th, 2021, 00:05
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Oh and you, when you'll make a mythical pick, choose Azata.
I went with it due to practical reasons and then…
Jesus Christ.
Some supercute critter is following you everywhere, the dragon companion is like someone dedicated their life to make the cutest dragon possible, areund your character some cute blue "fireflies" are circling and the worst of it, everything you touch in the game, and you will per quests, will blossom in most vibrant colors.
The whole thing looks like Care Bears style only in a fantasy setting, yuck.
I did tell you Azata is "friendship is magical!" path which is why I LOVE it.

Aivu is the best girl, and its butterflies following you around I freaking love it.

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
+1:

September 9th, 2021, 00:07
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
It seems to me that what you are dreaming of, it's more an Adventure Game than a RPG. If anything, older cRPG (from the '80 & '90) had far less world-building and story than the more recent ones.
Far, far less. There was more backstory, lore and dialogue scenes in the hour I spent today running around the camp than in entire games of the '80s and '90s.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
+1:

September 9th, 2021, 01:13
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Far, far less. There was more backstory, lore and dialogue scenes in the hour I spent today running around the camp than in entire games of the '80s and '90s.
Indeed. I remember how revolutionary was BG1, for this, back then.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

September 10th, 2021, 12:06
HURRAY! New patch just dropped and it fixes the red flag bug for crusade battle

Crusaders!
We‚€™ve prepared a new patch for the Windows version - 1.0.2e! The list of patch notes is rather long, so here‚€™s what the majority of you‚€™ve been asking about:
The red defence banner issue has been fixed;
Auto-casting issue has been fixed too;
The problem with vendors not buying your loot has been fixed as well;
Archers no longer change their target for no reason at all;
Some achievements got fixed;
We also fixed a number of items;
Some mythic quests didn‚€™t progress - and now they do;
The issue with Intel GPU has also been fixed (read below)

We‚€™ve also uploaded a patch for Mac, and we apologize for the delay. Mac version has been updated to 1.0.2b, and the difference is that it includes the fixes from previous and this Windows patch, but doesn‚€™t include the fix for Intel GPU loading issue.

If you want to know what else got fixed, read the full patch notes:

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Spoiler

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

September 10th, 2021, 12:12
Patch 1.0.2e landed.
A long log:

Spoiler
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
+1:

September 10th, 2021, 12:55
Nice! That's a good deal of improvements they are pumping out.

As a side note, if you are careless (like myself) then it's possible that you have bonuses and additions left to download.

When I got my gamecode on the "Owlcat website" I assumed that all extra goodies was included with the activation code. Only today, I noticed that they had put up several extra "bonus-codes" that were not present when I got my activation code.

Feist

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

September 10th, 2021, 13:04
Originally Posted by Feist View Post

As a side note, if you are careless (like myself) then it's possible that you have bonuses and additions left to download.

When I got my gamecode on the "Owlcat website" I assumed that all extra goodies was included with the activation code. Only today, I noticed that they had put up several extra "bonus-codes" that were not present when I got my activation code.
I have to download them too

Do you know if those extensions can be used once we have started a game? Or do we need to activate them before starting a new game?

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

September 10th, 2021, 13:57
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
I have to download them too

Do you know if those extensions can be used once we have started a game? Or do we need to activate them before starting a new game?
No problem! I just checked and my "Personal Chest" at the "Defender's Heart", was filled with lots of new shiny stuff.

Feist

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

September 10th, 2021, 16:03
Originally Posted by Feist View Post

Best tip yet as I didn't know that either and had two packs listed to activate!
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

September 10th, 2021, 21:39
A small patch.
We've just uploaded a hotfix (1.0.2g for Windows and 1.0.2f for Mac) for the following issues:
  • Difficulty settings were resetting to default after the 1.0.2e patch - fixed;
  • It was possible to loot the same corpses multiple times - fixed;
  • In the crusade mode, the Necromancy effect only spawned the undead units if there were none in your army - fixed.
Sounds like lost opportunity for me today (I was at the camp and lost in all the discussions - no looting!)

(why can't they use the normal single quote instead of the "√Ę‚‚¨‚„Ę"?)

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 10th, 2021, 21:42
Talking about the camp, a random comment: I really like the voice of queen Galfrey in her context, I find it to be spot on.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 10th, 2021, 22:42
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
(why can't they use the normal single quote instead of the "√ɬĘ√Ę‚Äö¬¨√Ę‚Äě¬Ę"?)
Because King Myrthos can't be bothered to fix it.

We apparently have to wait for a forum software update.

Gets annoying when you post news and the quotes get all garbled.

Like your quote above.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
+1:

September 10th, 2021, 22:50
Found this today as well.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has sold over 250,000 copies - Gamespress
Moscow, Russia, September 10, 2021 — Owlcat Games and META Publishing announced with pride that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has surpassed 250,000 copies on PC alone during its first week of sales. As well as seeing more than double the number of concurrent players during the first weekend enjoying the game compared to Kingmaker launch! But it’s not just all exciting numbers, players and press alike have given overwhelmingly positive feedback.

“For a long time, we’ve been working extremely hard on making Wrath of the Righteous everything we originally conceived at the start of development and even more after the phenomenal support during the Kickstarter campaign. We wanted this to be a landmark moment for CRPG fans, pushing the genre into new spaces, with mechanics that tried to give players an experience that brings the flexibility and freedom found in Tabletop adventures,” says Creative Director Alexander Mishulin. “We’re glad that players and critics are really feeling that we’ve given them that and even more. We truly are overwhelmed with the response”.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 10th, 2021, 23:59
A well-deserved success!

Hmm. They don't mention their next game Starfinder.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

September 11th, 2021, 00:09
Yeah it's good news news but not great. Now if it sold a few million it would be better news. Also yeah they are behind schedule with the new game announcement.

I'm just basing that off a past short update about their next project.
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 11th, 2021, 00:14
1. They're not EA
2. The game doesn't sell lootboxes
3. They didn't spend $250M only on marketing like 2K did with GTA5

So what million sold copies are we talking about?
That number in past few years is reserved exclusively for gambling pretending to be a videogame.

Now seriously.
This kind of a game, with complex RPG system, interesting story, epic in scale and fun sideactivity I didn't expect, IMO, deserved to see higher numbers.
I will never understand that majority will rather waste time with Candy Crush. When did everyone's brain die?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)

September 11th, 2021, 00:30
I am serious 250,000 is not that great of a number to brag about Joxer.

So unless you make billions selling your game it's nothing revolutionary. Yes for a small indie developer those are great numbers and yes I can't deny being happy for them.

Also I recall reading Pathfinder Kingmaker only sold over a million copies.
This kind of a game, with complex RPG system, interesting story, epic in scale and fun sideactivity I didn't expect, IMO, deserved to see higher numbers.
I will never understand that majority will rather waste time with Candy Crush. When did everyone's brain die?
Yep all these Isometric old school RPGs don't sell well compared to other RPGs. It's a damn shame. It's also the reason why Obsidian is making PoE an open world RPG.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 11th, 2021 at 00:42.

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

+1:

September 11th, 2021, 01:00
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I am serious 250,000 is not that great of a number to brag about Joxer.

So unless you make billions selling your game it's nothing revolutionary. Yes for a small indie developer those are great numbers and yes I can't deny being happy for them.

Also I recall reading Pathfinder Kingmaker only sold over a million copies.Yep all these Isometric old school RPGs don't sell well compared to other RPGs. It's a damn shame. It's also the reason why Obsidian is making PoE an open world RPG.
250k to sell already is good numbers.
--
If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

September 11th, 2021, 01:04
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
250k to sell already is good numbers.
No not by a long shot. The bar to celebrate is over five million sold the first week. So re-read my post I said I'm happy for them but that is not big boy record sale numbers.

It's also the reason why more publishers don't fund these type of games anymore. Sadly it's a niche market where your lucky to sell a million copies in total. That's based on stats.

I wonder how many table-top Pathfinder players there are?
--

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

September 11th, 2021, 01:11
I agree that 250,000 seems very low eight days in.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Patch 1.0.1c