Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help - Page 16 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

September 15th, 2021, 15:57
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
Lesser restoration doesn't cost diamond dusts for anyone but restoration and great restoration do.
w00t! My biggest trouble with WotR is build paralysis. I think I've created 15 or so different mage subclasses to find something I can live with. My trouble is I want my main to be able to do it all
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#301

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 8,631
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2021, 16:23
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
w00t! My biggest trouble with WotR is build paralysis. I think I've created 15 or so different mage subclasses to find something I can live with. My trouble is I want my main to be able to do it all
That's not how party-based games work

It's ok to delegate.
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#302

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,452
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2021, 17:03
Yeah, I know. I'm a single-character guy normally so letting other people in my party is a downer but I'm living with it. I just never like most companions in any game, typically. I did like Imoen in BG and Vilja/Inigo in Skyrim. Ooh and the lady mutant in FNV…Lilly?

Thanks for the tips on keeping the sub-windows open. I find I use my consumables much better if I just keep the A/B tabs up during combats.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#303

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 8,631
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2021, 18:49
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
That's not how party-based games work

It's ok to delegate.
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Yeah, I know.
You could join Team Corwin within DDO. We have a good team there, all spots are filled.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#304

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 20,283
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2021, 19:01
This might be super-obvious to many but since I have just seen complaints about the length of TB combat again: Note that you can hold down 'space' during any character's turn to speed up their move/animations etc. (same as in BattleTech for example). The only thing you need to be careful about is the fact that 'space' is also the default key for ending a turn so make sure to let go of the 'space' button early enough so you do not accidentally skip the turn of the character who is next in line (if it is one of your party allies turn anyway).

This is especially helpful in larger battles when the enemy AI is moving all of their many units. You don't have to just sit there and watch or, well you do … but you can speed it up big time by holding down 'space'.

It is a bit of a pity that, as far as I can tell, you can not rebind the 'end turn' key to a different one. Owlcat have thought of nearly everything, even the ability to rebind keys for skipping dialogues and cutscenes but 'end turn' seems to be hard-coded to the 'space' button. That makes it slightly dangerous on higher difficulties when you are using 'space' to speed up TB combat but it's OK if you pay attention.
Moriendor is offline

Moriendor

Moriendor's Avatar
Grumpy Cat

#305

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Schland
Posts: 3,197
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2021, 19:28
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
You could join Team Corwin within DDO. We have a good team there, all spots are filled.
I would too but I'm playing only phonegame lootboxridden mmos, not time for no lootbox mmos.

Radiance. The sword you found while starting the game.
I didn't sell it but was always with me somewhere.
Hopefully you kept it too:
Spoiler


Remember when I said you need to pass ridiculous skillchecks to read both parts of Lexicon?
Turns out there is an easier way:
Spoiler

Reading it will net you a truckload of experience, probably enough for a couple of level ups, too bad you've reached the level cap ten days ago, the developers' joke is on you.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#306

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,422
Mentioned: 223 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2021, 20:34
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
This might be super-obvious to many but since I have just seen complaints about the length of TB combat again: Note that you can hold down 'space' during any character's turn to speed up their move/animations etc. (same as in BattleTech for example). The only thing you need to be careful about is the fact that 'space' is also the default key for ending a turn so make sure to let go of the 'space' button early enough so you do not accidentally skip the turn of the character who is next in line (if it is one of your party allies turn anyway).
Do you need to hold it? In the beta I just had to press SPACE once for the whole turn, or at least until the next manual intervention.

Note that you have two sliders to adjust the speed of animations, for friends and foes separately (from x1.0 to x3.0).

The game should have a remapping option for the end of turn and/or the temporary speed-up, indeed! Don't hesitate to send a suggestion from the game. It's not likely to be done soon, but they do listen to suggestions.
Redglyph is online now

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

#307

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 2,768
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 00:31
This might also seem obvious, but I only discovered it accidentally. As was mentioned above, there are several different Generals. When I first was asked to choose one, there were only 4 options and I didn't realise that others were actually available until I tabbed out to learn more about them and when I returned to the game I had a different selection to choose from.
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is offline

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#308

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 12,634
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 13:05
Here's a tip: If you have to kill a companion, make sure to leave at least one item on their corpse, or you'll bump into this lovely bug:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/11843…9453616512492/

Basically, the game is ruined and has to be fixed with toybox.
Maylander is offline

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#309

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen
Posts: 7,404
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 13:42
All I see there is that someone killed Greybor. There are companions that deserved to die at least twice, but no, they killed Greybor. WTF?
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#310

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23,422
Mentioned: 223 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 14:15
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
All I see there is that someone killed Greybor. There are companions that deserved to die at least twice, but no, they killed Greybor. WTF?
I'm curious - who deserves to die at least twice?

Some people would have no choice but kill Greybor if:

Spoiler
purpleblob1 is offline

purpleblob1

Princess

#311

Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 14:41
I killed greybor - and he cursed my game ;-)

He *dared* to threaten me …*ME*!? … so he died. Simple. (He died quite easily - in the alpha he had backup…?)

Except now I can't continue without hacking the game, and I'm afraid that will bugger up more stuff. So I'm waiting impatiently for a fix…. probbaly just as well, I had logged over 70- hours since release and really was playing too much.
booboo is offline

booboo

booboo's Avatar
SasqWatch

#312

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 1,857
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 15:19
Okay, I assume the tiefling in the basement is Wolfgrim or whatever. Is that the new thief? Can I drop the cleric with the psycho battle cries and maybe make Lann a Fighter/Cleric hybrid of some type? I'm not sure the tiefling will be a long term answer either though. I want all good-aligned characters in my play through. I thought about dropping everyone and just taking mercenaries that don't carry blah-blah baggage, but I'm trying to keep a core of companions this time.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#313

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 8,631
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 15:53
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Okay, I assume the tiefling in the basement is Wolfgrim or whatever. Is that the new thief? Can I drop the cleric with the psycho battle cries and maybe make Lann a Fighter/Cleric hybrid of some type? I'm not sure the tiefling will be a long term answer either though. I want all good-aligned characters in my play through. I thought about dropping everyone and just taking mercenaries that don't carry blah-blah baggage, but I'm trying to keep a core of companions this time.
I made Lann my party cleric because I too couldn't stand Sosiel. Lann is well equipped for it stat-wise, and he is decent with a bow with just the couple of Zen Archer levels he begins with for a good part of the game. Later on he'll get vastly outranked by Arueshalae in that department, but by then Lann functions well as a buffbot to enhance others to do the damage. You can also have him take the "Impossible Domain - Animal" mythic feat at the first opportunity you have to get a dog/wolf companion that becomes quite massive. With the appropriate companion-specific buffs, the dog/wolf can be as durable as a fully dedicated character main tank, while passively knocking down about every enemy they hit.
Nereida is offline

Nereida

Nereida's Avatar
Fallen Aasimar

#314

Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 16:43
On GOG, I have a patch with almost 6 MB there.
6 MB ? Normally, patches are about 6 GB these days …

It is called 1.0.3d
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#315

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 20,283
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 17:04
Late in chapter 2, Lann is certainly my most deadly character with his keen longbow. He is regularly doing 60+ damage per attack and with 3 attacks / round, it almost feel like cheating.

He is followed by my PC, a level 9 cavalier. Seela is pretty strong too but she doesn't have the mobility and sheer attack power my cavalier has. Camellia is decent, especially now that I found her a new rapier, she is very polyvalent.
vanedor is offline

vanedor

vanedor's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#316

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Quebec city
Posts: 918
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 17:24
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
On GOG, I have a patch with almost 6 MB there.
6 MB ? Normally, patches are about 6 GB these days …

It is called 1.0.3d
Yeah, someone mentioned it in another thread. More bug fixing.

We’ve just uploaded a hot-fix for the following issues:

Couldn’t choose the mythic path of Gold Dragon after retraining - fixed. If you retrained before the 1.0.3 patch, and Gold Dragon didn’t work, this should fix your problem;
The ruler of Alushinyrra and her guest wasn’t present during your audience with them in chapter 4 - fixed;
The game will stop pausing after the level-up interface now;
You will be able to retrain a character on the Demon Mythic Path now. However, if you retrained your demon in chapter 2 in version 1.0.2, you will need to load an earlier save, before you retrained. Otherwise you will have issues with the event when you get summoned in a dream and the following events.


Known issues:
In chapter 5, on the Mythic Path of Demon, Yozz will come to speak with you right after the summit and ask to come with him. If you tell him that you need more time to prepare, you won’t be able to progress the quest. The workaround is to go with him without delay.
vanedor is offline

vanedor

vanedor's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#317

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Quebec city
Posts: 918
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 17:42
@vanedor - yeah, I just auto-level Lann - he out damages everyone and later his Zen ki powers allow him to deal with cold iron damage reduction, amongst others. I usually cast haste on the party and then he kills most enemies before I even enter the fray ;-) It does feel like cheating - I would have lost severl more challenging fights I think, if not for him. Later he gets the equivalent or power atack, multishot etc etc. Seelah eventully starts doing better - initially her damage output is quite poor.

EDIT: Lann can also get an extra attack with his ki pool 'extra attack' option … at level 12 with haste he gets 7 attacks :-o *pew*pew*pew*
booboo is offline

booboo

booboo's Avatar
SasqWatch

#318

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 1,857
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 19:59
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
Late in chapter 2, Lann is certainly my most deadly character with his keen longbow. He is regularly doing 60+ damage per attack and with 3 attacks / round, it almost feel like cheating.

He is followed by my PC, a level 9 cavalier. Seela is pretty strong too but she doesn't have the mobility and sheer attack power my cavalier has. Camellia is decent, especially now that I found her a new rapier, she is very polyvalent.
Camlia doesn't do any damage for me. How do you get her to do actual damage?
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#319

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,452
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2021, 20:00
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
@vanedor - yeah, I just auto-level Lann - he out damages everyone and later his Zen ki powers allow him to deal with cold iron damage reduction, amongst others. I usually cast haste on the party and then he kills most enemies before I even enter the fray ;-) It does feel like cheating - I would have lost severl more challenging fights I think, if not for him. Later he gets the equivalent or power atack, multishot etc etc. Seelah eventully starts doing better - initially her damage output is quite poor.

EDIT: Lann can also get an extra attack with his ki pool 'extra attack' option … at level 12 with haste he gets 7 attacks :-o *pew*pew*pew*
Seelah with a mount is doing very well damage wise for me and remains very tanky too.
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#320

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,452
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:48.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch