Pre-Olympic hype!

Our Jade Jones was the favourite, but she went out in the taekwondo. She said all credit to her opponent, but that nerves really got to her. Said she really struggled without the crowd, and her family there cheering for her.

I'm super happy with the silver medal won by our street skate athlete Rayssa Leal, aka "Fadinha" ("Little Fairy"), :clap::clap::celebrate::celebrate: She's Brazil's youngest athlete to win an Olympic medal, all editions considered.

We hope to see you in Paris 2024, Little Fairy. We will see you in Paris 2024!!!

Last edited:
I'm super happy with the silver medal won by our street skate athlete Rayssa Leal, aka "Fadinha" ("Little Fairy"), :clap::clap::celebrate::celebrate: She's Brazil's youngest athlete to win an Olympic medal, all editions considered.

We hope to see you in Paris 2024, Little Fairy. We will see you in Paris 2024!!!

The girl that won was also 13. That's amazing!

Revenge, at last :p :p
IMG-20210728-WA0010.jpg

Edit: well, not quite ... :(

Last edited:
The moment Lieke Martens missed that penalty we lost.

Bloody penalty shootouts...

I root for the USA in most things, but I always like it when another country defeats us in Soccer/Football :D

U.S. Women's soccer team ousted by Canada which is kind of surprising. I expected them to reach the finals.

The Men's basketball team seems to have finally got it together.

I saw that debacle coming, quite often the States team seriously underestimates the Canucks, and this time it cost them dearly. That initial game by the States said more than anything else about the team, they stepped up and overcame some issues yet, in the end, it wasn't enough. Go Canada!!~

Our Dutch women hockey team has reached the finals, which was expected of them. They are the top country to beat. Apparently since the Olympics in Rio they played 101 matches, won 90 of them, had 8 ties and 3 losses.
I suppose there is quite a bit of stress for them as nothing but the gold medal is going to be good enough, especially not for themselves. Must be hard at times to have fun in sports with all those expectations.

Somehow NZ have got to 8th on the medal table, despite having a total population less than that of NYC.
Helped a lot by supermutants like Lisa Harrington, who has three golds and is likely to get one more.

Four straight wins now for the men's basketball team. They'll play the winner of France vs Slovenia in the gold medal game. The woman's team is in the semifinals and hasn't really been challenged yet.

Somehow NZ have got to 8th on the medal table, despite having a total population less than that of NYC.
Helped a lot by supermutants like Lisa Harrington, who has three golds and is likely to get one more.

You forgot to count the sheep!! :D

Four straight wins now for the men's basketball team. They'll play the winner of France vs Slovenia in the gold medal game. The woman's team is in the semifinals and hasn't really been challenged yet.

I don't think the women have been challenged since 1992 :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom