Cyberpunk 2077 - Patch 1.3

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Patch 1.3 for Cyberpunk 2077 has been released. It offers some improvements and free DLCs:

Patch 1.3 -- list of changes

Patch 1.3 is coming to PC, consoles, and Stadia soon! Here is a list of the most notable changes coming in this update.

Please note that the issues listed below did not affect all players.

ADDITIONAL CONTENT

• A list of all the free DLCs can be found in the Main Menu under "Additional Content".

• Johnny Silverhand's Alternative Appearance - can be enabled in Settings in the "Additional Content" tab.
  • Multilayered Syn-Leather Deltajock Jacket, Luminescent Punk Jacket - both available in the stash in V's apartment after receiving a message from Viktor after completing The Ride. They're of Rare/Iconic quality by default, Crafting Specs to craft a higher quality will also be unlocked.
  • Archer Quartz "Bandit" - available as a reward or for purchase (depending on choices made by player) after completing Ghost Town and then receiving a message from Dakota or Rogue. If you haven't received the message, make sure to be in the Badlands area and move further away from Dakota's workshop. Dakota will also need a couple of days to contact you.
[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

I agree the DLC is really lame, but I think it's disingenuous to focus on that and call the patch a disappointment when it includes that many tweaks and fixes.

I agree the DLC is really lame, but I think it's disingenuous to focus on that and call the patch a disappointment when it includes that many tweaks and fixes.

I think the issue is not that it has that many tweaks and fixes, but that none of them seem to be significant. Of course, I'm the least connected to the game since I hung it up and only plan on touching it again after all expansions and everything is released. So I'm not really up to date as to what are the significant changes that fans are expecting. But the one thing I constantly keep seeing mentioned is the redone AI/crowd/police system.

Also, them complaining that it's really hard to patch a live game is really unfortunate. Since the answer is, "why did you release it like this". But of course, the actual devs can't answer that since they weren't in charge of that decision. But it's weird for them to say that to fans. Let them say it to the execs that fucked them.

Of course, it's an unfortunate situation all around. And most unfortunate is that the same people who are responsible, don't experience any backlash. Since they're up in their ivory towers.

One thing I was curious, but wasn't really mentioned, how is the stability of the game? Crashes? Loss of progress? All of that? Do they still happen? They keep mentioning improvements to stability, but I wonder how do they quantify that.

I think that probably depends a lot on your hardware configuration, but I experienced very few crashes in my playthrough, and that was before most of the patches that have been released.

For reference, I played it on: i7-4790K, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, Samsung Evo SSD

I was trying to confirm if the respawing npcs bug, when you turn away and look back and npcs that were there initially disappear, is still present. And if this video is indeed from 1.3 it seems it's still there? That's a real immersion breaker.

I wonder how many of the engineers that worked on the code have now left the company, and the others are left to pick up the pieces. And more importantly, can they manage to pick up.

One thing I was curious, but wasn't really mentioned, how is the stability of the game? Crashes? Loss of progress? All of that? Do they still happen? They keep mentioning improvements to stability, but I wonder how do they quantify that.

Frequent crashing ended for me way back in December, after the first couple of patches. I played for a few hours again several months ago and had no issues whatsoever. Well, except people cowering for ages when any shot is fired anywhere near them. I hate that.

Finished three times already and that was before and after the patches. So yes it was already playable on the PC. I need new content like an expansion to play this again.

At least some of the free DLC is getting released, but with the time the game was already out all of it should have been available by now. Anyway never buy into hype.

I played on the PC when it came out and had very few issues and only a small handful of crashes. I completed the game twice - before and after patches without any issues.

Guess it depends on whether PC or Console and what your system specs are. It played well for me overall.

Patch seems substantial in size even if I had been hoping for better DLC. Been itching to play again though as I love the game - one of my favorites. Few games have impacted me as much as this one did story wise. Really got into it.

Yet don't really want to play again till there is more content since I already played twice.

I did just one playthrough so I can forget everything till all DLC gets done.
But my experience was pretty much the same. Not many bugs.
Sadly, for whatever reason, internet believes PC version was as bad as console versions. Maybe thanks to facebook fake news, definetly not thanks to me.

too bad pathfinder and encased are coming, would have done a replay

I played for a few hours again several months ago and had no issues whatsoever. Well, except people cowering for ages when any shot is fired anywhere near them. I hate that.

According to the patch notes, they finally fixed that.

• NPCs will no longer react by crouching to every gunshot.
  • Fixed an issue where some NPCs wouldn't run away from combat scenes.

Is it finally time we can play it?

On PC it is a great game, and just like many others I played it for a long time with very few issues, after this patch it would be even less, so yes play it, especially for the main story... it is fantastic!

Sheesh the patch on GOG is over 30gb's.:roll:

I've probably spent more band-with on this game over any other this year.:mad:

And shortly after the new patch, another discovery about a possible MP, by datamining (not the first time for this game).
Cyberpunk datamine suggests multiplayer and expansions are still coming

According to an analysis of the update’s game files by content creator Tyler McVicker, the 1.3 update has made sweeping changes to Cyberpunk and its engine. Most significantly, a datamine of the game’s executable has found new references to multiplayer and expansions.

At least two expansions are now listed in Cyberpunk 2077’s files, it’s claimed, and build states for “multiplayer gyms” and various tests. There’s also reference to “old” multiplayer modes, which could be pointing to the original plans for a Cyberpunk online game.

Not surprised they invested a lot a money in the online version only to can it after the games poor release. So now they will incorporate some type of MP add-on or DLC instead. Question is will it be free? Doesn't matter to me I have no interest in MP.

Last edited:
If they want to proceed step by step and get enough experience in MP to integrate that functionality into their next games, I don't think they could make people pay for it. Seems like an experimental approach to me, on top of a game which already has a bumpy history.

Back
Top Bottom