20% Rating for G3: Forsaken Gods - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Gothic 3 » 20% Rating for G3: Forsaken Gods

Default 20% Rating for G3: Forsaken Gods

March 17th, 2009, 14:35
Originally Posted by migwell View Post
RivianWitch, I read the following about flickering on JoWood, and the response was that this worked.
"just drop the shadows to zero in de custom settings panel and the problem is gone (at least that's how I solved the problem). Hope it'll work for you too."
Hey, thanks, I only saw your post now. As soon as I am finished with my current playthrough of Drakensang and G2 NOTR, I'll re-install it and give it another try.

Hopefully by that the time, there might be a 200856th patch for the game, hopefully which will be useful for some of the glitches…

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 18th, 2009, 19:04
Actually, I dropped shadows to Low, dropped Texture to Medium and solved my hitching/hanging problems, upping the framerate in the process.

Now it's just a matter of getting past the bugs (losing Quest Items in the Prisoner chest!!) I couldn't make it without the walkthrough.

Edit: Finished.

The game is certainly playable. There are bugs, and especially toward the end, the walkthrough is quite helpful as the quests don't provide much direction… you can wander endlessly trying to find some new character or item.

The dialog dropouts are disconcerting if infrequent, so I turned on subtitles. Mostly the printed dialog appears even when there is no spoken to be heard (although once the printed came up in Italian!)

So if you are an .ini fiddling masochist, and you see this at a bargain price, don't hesitate!
--
I know the Amplitude of Time.

Whitman
Last edited by migwell; March 21st, 2009 at 20:42.

migwell

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Gothic 3 » 20% Rating for G3: Forsaken Gods