Moderator approval for posting

DarNoorthe2nd

Watcher
So, i couldn't get my prior username to work, so i created another one. Every time i post i get a message saying that it needs moderator approval to post. Can my account be set up to post without having to wait for approval? Thanks.

Unfortunately, given the number of dodgy signups the mods have to sort through, I think these measures are necessary. Without the moderation queue, I think we'd swamped by spam. I was reading recently that a great deal of spam these days is done by real people rather than bots, and they're quite tricksy.

I was reading recently that a great deal of spam these days is done by real people rather than bots, and they're quite tricksy.

For the record, neither Chien nor Joxer are bots.

Regardless of the repetition of "it is streamed" and "bears, mushrooms, phones, hairworks."

:)

I still don't understand the proliferation of fake accounts and such, but as a fan of this site I support whatever the owner/mods see fit to do.

For the record, neither Chien nor Joxer are bots.

Regardless of the repetition of "it is streamed" and "bears, mushrooms, phones, hairworks."

:)
Actually, bears are kinda out... A few words appear more often recently: scams, pay2win, microtransactions, trashmobs, respawns, backspace, design crime.
;)

Well I noticed a lot of these accounts lately for examples.

4claudiae8922yr5 & 5alicee572gM7

Some even use first and last name with numbers.:lol:

Those are bots. Not visible, apart from the forum page ‘Welcome to our newest member’.
They all get removed automatically after a month.
Some bots post spam, they get removed by a moderator or administrator.
Some spam is posted by real people, they are harder to detect. But they rarely make it beyond the seventh post.

Yep just laughing at the account names they make. The humans ones are always obvious also. That's not counting the paid advertisers who just post profile links.

Seems every week I see over fifty+ fake accounts.:(
I still don't understand the proliferation of fake accounts and such, but as a fan of this site I support whatever the owner/mods see fit to do.
Money as they get paid. Well the human ones not the bots.
Actually, bears are kinda out… A few words appear more often recently: scams, pay2win, microtransactions, trashmobs, respawns, backspace, design crime.
Aww I'm going to miss the DA:I bear references.:biggrin:

At least it's better then "it has been streamed" from the rouge Google AI Chienbot.

Seems every week I see over fifty+ fake accounts.:(
I get to see every new account, not just those appearing for a short period of time on the forums page.
The last couple of days it has been 20-25 a day. There have been days far worse, before the latest policy change, and days were just 5-10 register.

Well I say blame the Steam Curator page because it's very popular.

Makes the site a target.:)

I've mentioned this before, but if sorting through the spam signups becomes too onerous, we could maybe look at creating a group for some trusted members, with mod permissions only to administer that queue, and share the task.

Thanks for offering and thinking along, Ripper.
After the latest policy change new members are restricted in the usage of the fields in their profile (e.g. avatar and signature, which were the most problematic fields btw) and those that do type some spam in the parts of their profile they can fill in, don’t matter anymore for they are no longer visible (in the Members List) and are automatically removed after 30 days. So there is no reward for them to register, search engines won’t find them. That is the bulk of the new registered users.
Only the ones that post need attention now and that is just a tiny fraction, 8 a day max. Quite manageable.
I hope it stays that way. Fingers crossed.

There were times in the past where I would spend up to an hour a day deleting spam bots and their ilk. The process has been streamlined tremendously since then and with Eye taking over the bulk of the work, I rarely have to check suspicious registrations anymore!! :)

Actually, bears are kinda out… A few words appear more often recently: scams, pay2win, microtransactions, trashmobs, respawns, backspace, design crime.
;)

Sweet ! Updated algorithms.

Back
Top Bottom