Coronavirus (No Politics)

I myself have had health problems for nearly two weeks now. Each time I think I’m improving next day I’m worse.
No fever. Sore throat, extremely fatigued (muscle weakness), headache, had a runny nose, some coughs and sneezes in the beginning, some stabbing pains in the chest, nausea, weird feeling in the intestines and stomach.

Similar symptoms to those of a woman which were printed in a newspaper article (kind of an interview) here (the "Kölner Stadtanzeiger").

Get well soon !

I myself have had health problems for nearly two weeks now. Each time I think I’m improving next day I’m worse.
No fever. Sore throat, extremely fatigued (muscle weakness), headache, had a runny nose, some coughs and sneezes in the beginning, some stabbing pains in the chest, nausea, weird feeling in the intestines and stomach.
Today feeling better again than yesterday, hopefully tomorrow will be the day my strength returns. Fingers crossed.
Btw you only get tested when having to be admitted to hospital - there is a lack of tests available.

Keep your distance everybody. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Get well soon.

Of course, important to remember that the probability is that such symptoms are caused by one of countless other, less concerning things. I also had a similar bug earlier in the year - the symptoms went away, but I still felt flat, and then the symptoms came back again for another week. Just dragged on. Before this crisis blew up, the folks at the hospital told me it had been a particularly bad year for (relatively minor) respiratory infections.

Thanks.

If it does not get any worse than this, I’ll actually be glad if this is done by the coronavirus. It means I’m immune for the coming months. :)
I’m living in the region affected the most in my country. People are being moved from hospitals here to other parts of the country or else they would not be able to cope.

I have ordered an unofficial professional self-test that tests for antibodies. But I’m on a waiting list. Delivery probably end of March. I’ll wait ten days or so and then I’ll hopefully know whether I had it or not. The antibody test is useless to learn if you have got it this minute. See the internet: coronavirus self test kit.

Thanks.

If it does not get any worse than this, I’ll actually be glad if this is done by the coronavirus. It means I’m immune for the coming months. :)
I’m living in the region affected the most in my country. People are being moved from hospitals here to other parts of the country or else they would not be able to cope.

I have ordered an unofficial professional self-test that tests for antibodies. But I’m on a waiting list. Delivery probably end of March. I’ll wait ten days or so and then I’ll hopefully know whether I had it or not. The antibody test is useless to learn if you have got it this minute. See the internet: coronavirus self test kit.
Get well soon eye

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I join the other: get Well soon, eye :)

And please, keep us informed.

Thanks.

Yes, to have a mild illness, and then later discover you got away with Coronavirus - that's a nice result!

italy raped again; i think their minister said after 23-25 march numbers should decrease, if not they are truly fucked :(

Aye @Eye; once you get it at least there is a small bit of relief that you shouldn't get it again. I hope you don't get any worse and are on your way to a full recovery!

The US is seeing a major surge and hospitals are now being over-whelmed in many areas. Seems we didn't learn a thing from Italy. No surprise there though.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

I really hope that it will get better for Italy and us all soon.

A neighbourhood in Bamberg had a nice idea - singing 'Bella Ciao" - with a little German accent :)

Yeah, consider though that the mortality reported was due to a total lack of medical care. So Corona is probably worse.

One slightly hopeful possibility is that the percentages we have for mortality and requiring hospital care are not accurate, because of huge underdiagnosis - that there might be an iceberg of cases that are mildly or barely symptomatic at all. I believe there are some German experts who expect that this is the case. In one sense that would be good, as it could mean much better numbers at the end, but on the other hand it would be bad news, in that if it's spreading far more than we realise, there is more risk of an uncontrolled peak. Even much smaller percentages, if they all come at once, will create the hellish overwhelming of hospitals.

US is now in third place which is scary considering how far behind we still are on testing, and they have already had to restrict who can be tested due to the limited number available But even with those limits we are still third now.

22 states have declared a state of emergency and called out the national guard.

I just remembered the "Spanish Flu" a few minutes ago :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu
It was a similar Pandemic.
It was not - it killed young people. For sakes of an anecdote, my grandmother was infected but survived it.
COVID doesn't work like that, it spares youngsters. And it's not a so called superflu.

COVID needs a human host to spread, mere wind won't transfer it over oceans.
I have absolutely no idea why in times of such outbreak people are still travelling all around the globe for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom