Coronavirus (No Politics)

Food itself is not considered much of a risk for this type of virus - it's not the kind that has fun in the digestive system.
Well I didn't know that, good to know.
Thanks for the info.

I'm sure they're being careful with plates and cutlery, so hopefully that will be fine.
My mum has spend the two last weeks constantly washing and disinfecting evertyhing in their house. Doorknobs and all…
We should all do the same, germophobes are wise people nowadays.

it's not the kind that has fun in the digestive system.
Maybe all we have to do is eating the virus off this planet :lol:

I was recently listening to some scientist talk about the nearly irresistible and universal human impluse to put something new we don't understand into our mouths.

:lol:
Can't wait for the day we meet the aliens.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll do the same thing to us, and it'll spark a war...

I'm just glad I finally got ahold of some toilet paper, lol. It was ridiculous, all the major stores were out of it for days and days, and finally I got lucky and went this morning to a small local store (Wal-Greens) and they just had got a shipment in. Only one package allowed per person though.

Anyway, in other good news, most Americans will be getting some money after this huge stimulus bill went through the Congress and just got passed. It's pretty awesome. Adults will be getting $1200 each, and each child will count for, I think they said $500. So families out there will get a nice check to help them through this. The only question is when will we get the money. It might take 3 weeks or a month apparently - and I want my money! lol

Updated: Technically the bill isn't passed yet, (passed the Senate but not yet the House) but its almost certain it will be passed (in the House) tomorrow, Dems and GOP are both saying this. I hope my post didn't violate anything, its just good news for ALL Americans and I am trying to be bipartisan/neutral as possible in how I talked about it. If not, I will delete the post, if a mod says its not good, just let me know.

Last edited:
I'm giving serious thought about making a sierra style game called 'Quest for more Toilet Paper' but I'm worried I'll run out of material...

My aged father has reported his first DIY injury, just a few days into lockdown. Dunno whether to laugh or sigh.

I'm giving serious thought about making a sierra style game called 'Quest for more Toilet Paper' but I'm worried I'll run out of material…

I don't think you need actual toilet paper to make the game, so I think the material is a non-issue.

:p

Some very interesting news from Iceland… they actually ran a blind-testing campaign, for which they will forever be assured of statisticians' thanks.

https://www.covid.is/data

The campaign netted 52 positive cases, all of which appear to be rather mild. This suggests that, by the time the virus has reached most of the population and herd immunity reached, the number of deaths may be quite a bit lower than early estimates. Of course, the number may be biased low, because those WITH serious symptoms might already have sought medical assistance; I don't know if they would still have been targetted in the random sampling.

The bad news is that, with such a large number of asymptomatic carriers, slowing or even containing the spread becomes even more of an impossible task. And even 1% of ~200 million would be a huge challenge for a country like the U.S., which has ~1 million hospital beds in total, and only a fraction of those in intensive care. And in some hotspots such as northern Italy, Alsace, and New York, hospitals are already straining from the case load even through the spread has hardly started.

So keep working on those RPG backlogs.

Good news: my strength is back! No more symptoms. Anxiety is gone. Sun is shining. Life is great. :)

Thanks everybody for your kind messages. :thumbsup: I hope you are/will be alright, good luck to those being badly affected by events. I sincerely hope that the situation in the world will improve soon. Take care, stay healthy!

Good news: my strength is back! No more symptoms. Anxiety is gone. Sun is shining. Life is great. :)

Thanks everybody for your kind messages. I hope you are/will be alright, good luck to those being badly affected by events. I sincerely hope that the situation in the world will improve soon. Take care, stay healthy!
Good news Eye :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

but try to shop as much as you can in small local shops.

This crisis has shown people have troubles making it without socialization. This confirms the SP angle for which players keep explaining MU features are the best thing to ever happen.
Usually, small local shops sell more socialization as a byproduct than bigger shops. Which means that people might be used to chat with the store owner, the clerk etc

When notified that chatting, laughing with the store owner defeats the purpose of a queue, people resented it. Down to earth piece of advice though.

Small shops, less surface, less places to touch etc, potentially higher concentration
of virus.

People so far have shown they are failing at cut down on their socialization level. Which is the primary requirement.

No it doesn't. The virus infects everybody equally.

For this to be meaningful, people should be be put in a controlled environment where they are exposed to the virus and the result to be monitored. Not the case here.

At the moment, it is very unlikely that the virus infects everybody equally, when people are exposed to the virus, some might catch it, others do.
Crossing paths with an infected person might mean getting infected, it might mean not infected.

Now when people are infected, a shared situation to all infected, the virus discriminates.

By the way, looking forward to data on people like death rate by race etc which the US will undubiously provide.

Good news: my strength is back!

You know, with all the strange things on the Web, there really aren't that many happy or celebratory eyeball .gifs. This is about the best I could do…
giphy.gif

Glad you're feeling better, though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a scary one! :)

Btw I edited your post, you provided the link instead of the image (must be a .gif or .img)

What is unlikely, is that the virus is intelligent enough to discriminate and decides not to enter the airways of a person, for whatever reason.
What can happen is that the virus is unable to get inside the body of a person, because it is removed or dies before that happens. Or when it does enter the body it is not able to attack the cells because of the defense system of that person (like when immunity has been build). The first cannot be shown. The second case might show traces of the virus RNA, without showing an infection.
However I don't think many people are tested for not having the virus, but do having the virus RNA.

When successfully infected a person, it depends on the infected person whether or not fighting the virus is a success. (What exactly it depends on would need to be investigated further).

None of this has to do with discrimination by the virus though.

Last edited:
Well, that's a great news! I was about to ask about your health. I hope everybody will follow you example of not dying, you're so right! :p

Sun is shining. Life is great. :)
Yes, but from the inside of your house, please.

Today is considered to be the "peak" for the virus in France, after that we'll start to have less contagions.
The lockdown seems efficient.

Joxer is right, don't go to work even if your boss want you to, save your life (and your familly's).
Worrying about money is for later, for the living.

Back
Top Bottom