Letter From Aubrielle.

It's a bit strange for me to say this, given I'm a lurker and haven't posted anything in two years, but it's good to see you around here again; I always enjoyed the work you did for the site and insights you shared when you were more active, so it'd be great to see you getting involved again with reviews and other snippets.

I feel like I understand where you're coming from; it can be difficult at times to maintain a healthy and optimistic mind-set when when we look around and are confronted by such needless suffering and destruction, particularly for those of us who are empathetic and would like to see the furthering of justice and kindness in the world. In the face of that, it can sometimes be difficult to not be overcome with despair and/or rage at the state of things, at their seeming inevitability, at the apparent ineffectiveness of influencing others to see likewise and to act, at those who gleefully extoll and enact the very things you abhor with seemingly nothing to mitigate them; this can, if unchecked, degrade and wear you down mentally and emotionally.

Being subsumed by all this is defeating on two points; not only does it impede your own ability to appreciate and engage with the stuff in life that you take pleasure in (being with family, hobbies etc.), but it also cripples your ability to try to pursue the kind of changes and vision you wish to see; after all, nothing was ever accomplished by people thinking they couldn't, nor the great changes we see in history accomplished by people who believed it impossible. Hence it's important that we disentangle ourselves from that poisonous state and keep our bearings as much as we can; I'm happy to hear that you're in a better place now, and hope that you continue to remain so. Best of luck for your literary endeavours :thumbsup:.

To cap this off, here is a quote from a writer I follow that touches quite closely to all this:

Thank you so much! :heart:

And that quote is excellent.

I guess I hadn't thought of it that way. Thank you for sharing that with me.

And thank you for all that. It means a whole lot that someone values my contributions and likes hearing what I have to say. I am grateful. :)

Good to know you're ok, Cassandra. Trump is a buffoon, and so are most of his supporters,
That is dozens and dozens millions people in the US, a number on this site.

I'm not sure how young you are, but I've seen lots of politicians come and go, and though I often have to shake my head at the levels of stupidity and cruelty I see, the pendulum almost always swings back the other way. (Both the way you'd like it to go and then back again the way you'd rather not see it go).

People who will see the pendulum swing back are either very young or are going to live very long lifes.

I was about to say...that's kinda a scary thought...!

That is dozens and dozens millions people in the US, a number on this site.

People who will see the pendulum swing back are either very young or are going to live very long lifes.

No party has controlled the presidency in modern times for more than 12 years, and 8 is average. As far as congress goes, the president's usually loses that between 2-6 years after election. The reasons being that the people of the party not in power are usually angry and more likely to vote, while those of the party in power usually become more disillusioned over time. Anyways Chi'en, we'll see in about 10 years who's correct.

Hey Aubrielle, great to hear from you!

Naturally I would say it would be great to read some more articles from you (your Autumn-themed RPG article is my all time favorite on this site) but you should really do what's best for your health and happiness.

BTW the Columbia Wallpapers you post on Steam are amazing!

Hey Aubrielle, great to hear from you!

Naturally I would say it would be great to read some more articles from you (your Autumn-themed RPG article is my all time favorite on this site) but you should really do what's best for your health and happiness.

BTW the Columbia Wallpapers you post on Steam are amazing!

Gah, you flatter me! :heart:

Thanks so much, for your comments on the article *and* on my wallpapers! :)

I would seriously like that more than anything - it's honestly a dream of mine, if I can admit to being naive. :)

Having a dream like that is important I think. While "a bit of luck" won't definitely hurt in your line of work (as it is quite difficult to predict which book becomes the next big thing), what I think is more important is that you're working as a writer every day towards that dream of yours. As you keep honing your skill, keep beliving in yourself and pushing on despite what the world throws at you, dream like that is soon at the reach of your fingertips. :)

Good to see Chien roll in with the appropriate amount of joy =p
Joy for DJT supporters.

No party has controlled the presidency in modern times for more than 12 years, and 8 is average. As far as congress goes, the president's usually loses that between 2-6 years after election. The reasons being that the people of the party not in power are usually angry and more likely to vote, while those of the party in power usually become more disillusioned over time. Anyways Chi'en, we'll see in about 10 years who's correct.

Servants like DJT mechanically change. It does mean the pendulum will swing in another direction.

Because, in the meantime, the master, the US People, will not have changed.

Same master, same service.

So in 10 years.

My concern is that so much damage will have been done, both internally at home and to our relationships with our allies, that this won't be a simple "flip the switch we have a new leader" and all will be repaired and forgiven. Not to mention so many other things going in the wrong direction from what we should be doing in regards to climate, economy, people, ...

Back OT I don't think I ever communicated much with you Aubrielle. I am not usually super social with folks in general. But I get what you are saying in your letter and have enjoyed your posts when you have been around. Good to know life is picking up for some folks at least :)

I think it would be good to keep further discussions about Trump in the designated thread in the P&R forum. We don't need another one.

Hello @Aubrielle;, nice to see you doing well and glad you are back :) You wrote some good reviews and I always enjoyed reading them and liked how good you were transferring your thoughts into words which I could never do!

The funny thing is, I have been away from the watch for a while now and today while reading another site wondered if Aubrielle and NewDart are back at the watch and low and behold you are! May be its matter of time before @NewDart comes back as well!

I have been away from this site for a while now as I was not really enjoining any games and hence had nothing to contribute. I had some issues in RL and one can sort call it depression of sort and that contributed to not enjoying games as well. After few months complete gaming detox, I have started to play ESO and kind of enjoying it! I decided to have look here as the watch had some strong dedicated ESO player base.

Anyway welcome back and enjoy your stay :)

Welcome back.

…the election of 2016 really knocked the wind out of me.

You're certainly not alone there. A disturbingly large number of people may not agree, but you're still in the majority. You can't let the shitters of the world get you so low. Who are the shitters? They know who they are, and I know who they are. A car named Christine knows who they are, and so does a guy called Archibald Chesterfield III…

My apologies to all my German friends from an American of German descent. The video is actually edited from a review of luxury watches. :)

Last edited:
Oh good, Aubrielle is back. And there's a post from @Elel;, too!
Fluent and I hang out (again, not IRL - we only live a few hours away but he must be terrified I'll start up Tekken and crush him or something).
Uhhh, @Fluent;? I think you just got called out.
But it's not all bad. I've been spending a lot of time with my manuscript and playing about three gazillion different games (if you've looked at my play history on Steam, you know this).

No we can't! Steam turned that off. You have to go into your profile and make it public. Or, better yet, TAKE MORE SCREENSHOTS!!

Hey Wolfgrimdark, Capt. Huggy Face, Zloth, Lostforever! Thanks for saying hi! I hope life is good for all of you as well! :)

Lost, I'm sorry to hear about your depressive slump, too. Are you managing okay?

Now you've got me thinking of starting up ESO again, especially if we have a Watch guild (do we have a RPGWatch guild??).

Last edited:
Nice to hear from you @Aubrielle;, I wondered where you have gone off to, and you have my sympathies for the hardships you've been going through (and for a living in a country where THAT guy gets to be President, although sadly the direction most of Europe including Sweden is heading is probably just as bad).

"I've tried developing a destructive drinking habit, which failed because I can't find the yummy hard iced tea I like anymore."

That line was enough to make my day a little brighter and put a smile on my face, thanks!

Nice to hear from you @Aubrielle;, I wondered where you have gone off to, and you have my sympathies for the hardships you've been going through (and for a living in a country where THAT guy gets to be President, although sadly the direction most of Europe including Sweden is heading is probably just as bad).

"I've tried developing a destructive drinking habit, which failed because I can't find the yummy hard iced tea I like anymore."

That line was enough to make my day a little brighter and put a smile on my face, thanks!

Haha, thank you! It's not often I make someone laugh around this site, so I take that as quite a compliment. ;p

Yeah, though one thing Sweden has that America doesn't is the Swedish people. :) My impression is that you're way more chill than we are most of the time. The US is the largest mental asylum in the world.

Good wishes to you, Aubrielle. It never hurts to set some time away from everything and focus on yourself.

I'm an introvert who suffered from depression for about 10 years as well. It can be rough. I often find that overwhelming toxicity on the internet will put me into an unhealthy, hateful state of mind. The elections do that, too. I limit my exposure as best as I can. I've visually and audibly witnessed it affect the few friends in my life.

We'll always welcome you back to the Watch regardless. I've pondered at times where you'd been, but chalked it up to personal life and/or discontentment with forum behavior. That kind of thing tends to push me away really fast.

It's difficult enough for me, where it took four years of lurking to eventually register, and have posted less than 300 times ever since. I can empathize with your introverted nature.

Our arms will remain open and I gladly welcome you back. At least, that's how I feel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom