Dragon Age - Now on GOG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
EA have released Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition to GOG DRM free along with Dead Space and Sim City 3000. There is a launch discount for all titles.

Description

Included goodies: manual+ 10 wallpapers+ soundtrack (MP3)
About: Dragon AgeTM: Origins - Ultimate Edition includes:
- Dragon AgeTM: Origins
- Awakening Expansion Pack
- All Nine Content Packs
Dragon AgeTM: Origins
You are a Grey Warden, one of the last of this legendary order of guardians. With the return of mankind's ancient foe and the kingdom engulfed in civil war, you have been chosen by fate to unite the shattered lands and slay the archdemon once and for all. Explore a stunning world, make complex moral choices, and engage in bone-crushing combat against massive and terrifying creatures.
Determine your legacy and fight for Thedas as a noble dwarf, an elf far from home, a mage apprentice, or a customized hero of your own design. Experience many unique origin stories on your quest to unite the kingdoms and defeat an ancient evil.
Awakening Expansion Pack
Become the commander of the Grey Wardens and embark on a new campaign in the world of Amaranthine. You'll fight new enemies, learn new spells, and fend off the advancing Darkspawn forces.
Nine Content Packs
The Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, Return to Ostagar, Feastday Gifts, Lailana's Song, The Darkspawn Chronicles, The Golems of Amgarrak, Witch Hunt, and the Blood Dragon Armor.
More information.

The crap is firstly it's not including the Mac version which is still sold, secondly that Gog will never have the guts to release DA2 because they'll be worry of users reactions if they do so (they already explained the games are selected, there's still a bunch of crap in the shop in my opinion).

Will DA2 ever be released on GOG is not GOG related question but EA related question.

Once EA allows DA2 to be released on Steam, it'll get released on GOG too. The same goes for Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 3.
With current EA executives, seems this will never happen.

whats funny is that the da2 demo on steam still works for everyone hahaha

I think you mean Banana's Gate Joxer and its expansion Tales of the Pineapple coast. Or was it the Throne of Mandarin? :p

Admittedly I got my Ultimate edition on Steam awhile back but haven't tested it yet.
There was a handful of minor DLC that I didn't experience with my original run with the game. I like it much more than Inquisition, which was middling at best and full of so much filler content, that I'll never need to go to a dentist again. :)

Last edited:
Will DA2 ever be released on GOG is not GOG related question but EA related question.

Once EA allows DA2 to be released on Steam, it'll get released on GOG too. The same goes for Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 3.
With current EA executives, seems this will never happen.

Total supposition, ok like my post. :)

But one point need be clarified, as far I know and I'm pretty sure Im' right, the initiative to remove DA2 was coming from Steam.

Could have been an EA manipulation but still. I doubt Gog has the same rules on that, that is any DLC sold for a game in shop must also be sold in the shop which is why Steam requested DA2 is removed. Myself I don't agree that Steam could dictate that, I'm definitely on AE side for this case, Steam is just too much the Big Brother of videogames, that is too powerful and dominant and because of that should not be allowed to request that. Even if it was probably an EA manipulation, I'll still agree with them on that point.

Steam is just about making more money, nothing else, and too much domination is always bad. Alas so many players don't care.

Frankly for the current situation for the DLC thing, this is a total garbage, it's like the license you bought to play is per shop, totally unacceptable situation forcing you buy the DLC in the shop where you bought the game.

The crap is firstly it's not including the Mac version which is still sold,

Really?!?! WHERE?!?!

Seriously - Dragon Age for Mac is NOT on Steam, Mac App Store, Amazon, MacGameStore, Origin, Direct2Drive, GameTreeOnline, GamersGate or anywhere else I could find ...

I was hoping that with GoG they might restore the Mac version, but alas not.

Dragon Age Origins/Ultimate is the one of the best replayable and competent rpgs that money can buy. I already have the disk version and got it on Origin, so I am not getting the GoG version.

DA2 is a beautifully crafted and again one of the competent and well written and implemented rpgs around (despite the recycling of dungeon assets). Got the Signature edition on disk and on Origin - so again will not buy on GoG if released.

Nevertheless, a worthy drm free edition to GoG.

I thought that only DA2 had a Mac version.

About the GOG release, username kokosabre made some clarifications (in the game's User Reviews section) which I took the liberty to copy-paste here:

"1.Is it truly DRM-free? Yes it is. The option to log in your Bioware account still exists but it adds nothing to the game.
2. Does it contain all the DLCs? Its only missing the 3 items from Collector's Edition : Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes , Bergen's Honor and Final Reason.
3. Is it the full soundtrack? Not really . What we get is the Collector's edition OST that includes 18 tracks while the Official OST includes 35 tracks (for more info : http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins_(soundtrack)
4. Can I use my old save from Steam/Origin/Disk/etc ? Yes you can continue your adventures as Grey Warden if you have an old save."

What I think about Dragon Age 2 eventually becoming part of GOG's catalog:

GOG should not fear/worry their user reactions. DA2 being sold on GOG means one more vendor we can choose from, and obvioulsy that's a good thing for us customers.
And even if DA2 is not a great game, or if you even deem it pure trash, remember: there is nothing written on GOG policies that forces them to sell only "masterpiece" games.

Sometimes the user reaction about DA2 feels a bit forced because it wasn't the (r)evolution people hoped for a sequel.

Just my 2 cents here! :)

Last edited:
even tho i own the physical disks and steam version, im going to hoard the GOG release as well "just in case"

It's a game that's worthy of triple-redundancy!

edit - ok, i feel better now. 7.99 is a great sale price for that

That is actually a lot of bang for your bucks. It's actually tempting, just to get away from the whole sign in stuff in DA: O. That sign in stuff works rather well if you bought it via Origin, but I didn't so there's a conflict between my BioWare account and my Origin account that even EA couldn't resolve (I contacted them about it).

Good deal but I already own it and I'm not sure I'll ever play it again.

After 3 play throughs with all dlc I tried a forth not to long ago and lost steam just after the wilds.

It's a great game but there's a lot of filler between the wilds and the landsmeet that I'm not sure I want to go through again.

The only Dragon Age game worth playing. If you've not tried this and you enjoy crpg's, get it, play it, love it, then avoid the rest of the series. I applaud this game being on GoG because anything that avoids the Origin platform is winning.

I didn't get the DLC, so I may grab this one for all the extras I missed. Eventually I'll do another replay. I enjoyed it, despite the stunted skills system.

The only Dragon Age game worth playing. If you've not tried this and you enjoy crpg's, get it, play it, love it, then avoid the rest of the series. I applaud this game being on GoG because anything that avoids the Origin platform is winning.

Hehe...
Methinks somewhat different:

DA1: over-ambitious, pompous Forgotten Realms-wannabe (saving grace: Tim Curry's lovely voice as the baddie). Good, but only if you are patient (I'm not - the game is booooring)
DA2: surprisingly straightforward RPG-lite. Excellent in small bursts, ideal bubble gum RPG for busy people.
DA3: I like the exploration, everything else is just meh. Combat is a wonderful mess. I still play it as a virtual hiking simulator.

Needless to say, horses for courses.
Buy it if you are curious (it's cheap!), you won't regret it. The game is NOT bad, but NOT stellar either.

EA have released Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition to GOG DRM free along with Dead Space and Sim City 3000. There is a launch discount for all titles.

Slightly off-topic since it's not an RPG, but I have to mention (again) that Dead Space is amazing if you like Sci-fi horror. :)

Back
Top Bottom