Pricewatch!

Some great deals at GOG right now. Lords of Xulima is half off. Shadowrun Returns, which is good, but oddly limited, is less than a pint of beer in a lot of pubs, as is Two Worlds 2. There's also Paper Sorcerer, the first Two Worlds, Banished, and loads more.

Some you might miss, but should check out are Steamworld Dig, a fun little action platformer, and Saints Row 2 and 3. I think those have as many RPG credentials as a lot of other games, but obviously focus on other areas.

Blackguards is only $6 ($6.75 for the deluxe version) at Gamersgate right now. Blackguards 2 is $9

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=guards15

Anyone have an opinion on Blackguards 2? I enjoyed the first game quite a bit even though I never finished it.

I liked Blackguards 1, but after hearing Blackguards 2 it's the same characters again turned me away from it, B1 was already a bit repetitive at the end, for B2 to start with the repetition from the start, not a good sign.

I've not bought or played Blackquards Two myself yet, a friend of mine played it a couple of months ago and said it wasn't as good as the first was, for what that is worth. Which is too bad, because I was a huge fan of the first one.

Blackguards is only $6 ($6.75 for the deluxe version) at Gamersgate right now. Blackguards 2 is $9

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=guards15

Anyone have an opinion on Blackguards 2? I enjoyed the first game quite a bit even though I never finished it.

You can find my opinion in the impressions thread. BG2 improved a couple of things quite a bit, but scaled down on other stuff.

GOG is having their "encore" end of sale event. That means all bundles and games discounted during the sale are back on sale.

So if you missed something, it's time to buy it.

Age of Wonders 3 deluxe edition for ~$12 or is there expensive addons / expansions to buy too?

EDIT:

I see 2 not included expansions: Golden Realms and Eternal Wars for a total of ~$21 more (on sale). Ouch. I'll wait for the complete sale.

EDIT 2:

Wow! The first 2 Witchers are available for $1.50 and $3 now. Those are must buys, especially at those rockbottom prices, if you don't own them already.

Grimrock 2 is $6 now, so getting it. Thanks for the heads up!

Sweet. Im going to grab Wiz 8 for $1.99 since one of the disks acts wonky when I try to install from my CD's. Ive never finished it, although it has the best combat of any CRPG Ive played IMHO. A bit too slow even with the wizfast patch and a bit too much combat, but still the best combat engine. Will the wizfast patch work with the GoG version?

No idea what wizfast is but I bought Wizardry eight from GoG a few months ago, played it to completion with no problems at all. Not a single crash or problem with the game.

Haven't tried wizfast with the Gog version. My guess is that it would work, but I'd check the GoG forum. Can't hurt much to try though. I couldn't play it without wizfast.

Last edited:
Haven't tried wizfast with the Gog version. My guess is that it would work, but I'd check the GoG forum. Can't hurt much to try though. I couldn't play it without wizfast though.

I think I used wizfast the last time I tried it. The problem is, I like the character creation and combat in wizardry, but really don't care for the rest of it, or how ridiculously huge the combats get. Anyhoo, wizfast should work fine with the GOG version.

The big Steam Sale should be starting in, I'm guessing, about 16 hours but right now there's a big Might & Magic/Heroes sale on with most games (including M&M X) 75% off. Dark Messiah of M&M is on the list, too, in case you feel like kicking liches. ;)

The big Steam Sale should be starting in, I'm guessing, about 16 hours but right now there's a big Might & Magic/Heroes sale on with most games (including M&M X) 75% off. Dark Messiah of M&M is on the list, too, in case you feel like kicking liches. ;)
I saw that and took the opportunity to pick up the DLC for MMX. MM 6 and 7 aren't on Steam though, are they?

Unfortunately my PC broke down and a replacement is not yet in sight, so I can't even theoretically play the stuff I'll be buying. Take that for "compulsive". ;)

I saw that and took the opportunity to pick up the DLC for MMX. MM 6 and 7 aren't on Steam though, are they?

Unfortunately my PC broke down and a replacement is not yet in sight, so I can't even theoretically play the stuff I'll be buying. Take that for "compulsive". ;)

MM 6, 7, 8 and 9 are not on steam. However they are on Uplay (currently on sale) and Gog (not on sale).

Has anyone seen MM 6, 7, 8 and 9 sale on gog.com ever? since I would rather own them on gog than uplay.

MM 6, 7, 8 and 9 are not on steam. However they are on Uplay (currently on sale) and Gog (not on sale).

Has anyone seen MM 6, 7, 8 and 9 sale on gog.com ever? since I would rather own them on gog than uplay.

I'm pretty sure I've seen them on sale once or twice before, but if you go to each game's page it'll give you an option to buy the series, usually at a discount. If I didn't have it already, I could get them all for £13.36. I'd rather pay that and skip Uplay, no matter how cheap it is there.

I'm pretty sure I've seen them on sale once or twice before, but if you go to each game's page it'll give you an option to buy the series, usually at a discount. If I didn't have it already, I could get them all for £13.36. I'd rather pay that and skip Uplay, no matter how cheap it is there.

Well its always on sale at the "right" gog.com site ;) In a particular gog.com site its about $9.39 (~ £6.20) but I think I will wait for the official gog.com sale for these since I have too many games in my backlog already!

Back
Top Bottom