Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition Changes

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Eurogamer compares the Definitive Edition of Divinity: Original Sin II with the original:

The difference between the Definitive Edition of Divinity: Original Sin 2 and the original is striking

Light up the floor like a Fane!

Larian visited the Eurogamer office to show me the new and improved Definitive Edition of Divinity: Original Sin 2 last week. To do this the developer ran two versions of the game - old and new - side by side to highlight the differences. On one screen we had DOS2 as it exists now, played on a gaming laptop; and on the other screen we had the Definitive Edition of DOS2 played on an Xbox One X dev kit. The difference was striking.

It wasn't a Digital Foundry-style controlled test, with the laptop fans wheezing and picture coming through an older 1080p screen, but it got the point across. The Xbox One X version, running in 4K resolution and with high dynamic range enabled, was brighter, crisper and more vibrant. It was smoother and more responsive too, and will apparently run native 4K30 on Xbox One X, and dynamic checkerboard 4K30 on PS4 Pro.

[...]

Broadly, because I don't want to spoil things, Larian has given them another pass, lavishing the kind of care and attention seen elsewhere in the game. Story arcs have been beefed out, level design altered and dialogue added (a whopping 250,000 words have been re-recorded, Larian said). There's more to do and it's more interesting and nuanced.

[...]
More information.

Seems like mostly old news recapped. I almost thought it was a June 8th article rather than the August 6th article it is given the old recount of information. Basically every chance they have to add something new that hasn't already been said they decide to leave it as a tease by stating they don't want to spoil what actually changed. Yuck.

Seems like mostly old news recapped. I almost thought it was a June 8th article rather than the August 6th article it is given the old recount of information. Basically every chance they have to add something new that hasn't already been said they decide to leave it as a tease by stating they don't want to spoil what actually changed. Yuck.
Page views and click's you it pays their salary. Well that and advertising.:biggrin:

Anyway I might finally play D:OS 2 when the enhanced patch is released.

Last edited:
Anything Larian announces, has my attention.

Will Definitive be a free update for DOS2 owners?

It will be free if you already own DOS2, but it will be a separate game rather than an update (like the enhanced edition for the first game).

Back
Top Bottom