Realms Beyond - Going to Gamescom & New Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Ceres Games will be heading to Gamescom and have some new screenshots to show off from Realms Beyond.

Heading to the Gamescom 2018!

August 8, 2018

You probably noticed our updates have become less frequent lately, but after weeks of very intensive work, we can finally announce our participation in the Indie Arena Booth 2018 at the Gamescom starting less than two weeks from now (21st-25th August).

We want to allow visitors to enjoy the complete gameplay experience of Realms Beyond, therefore we had to finish and polish all relevant gameplay elements in these last few weeks and months.

You can find more information about us in the Indie Arena Booth press kit here: Indie Arena Booth – Realms Beyond

If you plan to attend the Gamescom in Cologne this year, you can find us in hall 10.1. We are looking forward to see you at our booth where you can have a shot at playing our game, where you can see as-of-yet unpublished features like the world map first-hand. Visitors to our booth can also expect a special surprise to take away!

Meanwhile, our level designers have been very productive, so please have a look at these screenshots:

screenshot 1

screenshot 2
More information.

Ceres mentioned this last month on their forums. Their hope is to find some more potential backers for the Kickstarter which I think they're planning in the near future (possibly this Fall). I hope it works out for them. I'm definitely going to back and I'm others here and Codexers will too. But I hope they don't set the goal too high.

This is the game I've been waiting for since ToEE ( DnD turn-based top down RPG!). I'm going to back too.

Goblin Barbecue
yay!
An epic storyline, massive quests, uncounted missions, hordes of monsters and a world that is steeped in lore and mystery
Awsome, awsome, awsome, turd, awsome!
Noone's perfect.
Kickstarter which I think they're planning in the near future (possibly this Fall).
Count me in.

Yup, I'll be backing this as well. Sounds great.

I am also hoping to be able to join the KS for this game.

Graphically it looks almost as good as PoE2, although the shadows don't appear to be dynamic.

While nice shadows are a plus for myself they hardly define the game. However - there is so much unknown about this game I can't really come to an informed decision yet. It might be great it might not.

Graphically it looks almost as good as PoE2, although the shadows don't appear to be dynamic.

Ceres mentioned this last month on their forums. Their hope is to find some more potential backers for the Kickstarter which I think they're planning in the near future (possibly this Fall). I hope it works out for them. I'm definitely going to back and I'm others here and Codexers will too. But I hope they don't set the goal too high.
So this game is still years off from being released then? Bummer.

Though I'll still back it when it launches.:nod:

So this game is still years off from being released then? Bummer.

Though I'll still back it when it launches.:nod:

Perhaps. At least they apparently have a playable alpha build now so they're already further along than a lot of Kickstarter games. It's probably mainly combat that they're been working on though so I'm sure there's still lots of work to do. However, they already have a lot of assets finished since they acquired all that was done for Chaos Chronicles, so that should save some time. I guess we'll wait until the KS to see the estimated release date. Of course, if we go by the typical KS RPG we should probably add a couple years to the estimate :(

Hobgoblin did say that their hope was to continuously update the game with new features and content even after release. Probably both smaller free updates and some large expansions, too if there's interest. He actually said they'd like to support it like this for years.

However, they already have a lot of assets finished since they acquired all that was done for Chaos Chronicles, so that should save some time.
Wait a minute I thought the assets for Chaos Chronicles was made into Demons Age.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/games/demons-age-914.html
I guess we'll wait until the KS to see the estimated release date. Of course, if we go by the typical KS RPG we should probably add a couple years to the estimate.
That's if it doesn't get delayed or something happens during development.:nod:

Wait a minute I thought the assets for Chaos Chronicles was made into Demons Age.

There was a legal dispute about some of the asset reuse, which is why Demons Age vanished from Steam shortly after release.

There was a legal dispute about some of the asset reuse, which is why Demons Age vanished from Steam shortly after release.
Thanks and nothing was lost as that game was an abomination. I'm guessing the developer of Realms Beyond Hobgoblin was the actual buyer, and owner then?

Anyway I still seethe in rage over how Chaos Chronicles was cancelled.

Screens look fantastic, but I hope combat will be a bit faster/more bombastic towards release.
Anyway, where do I have to throw the monies?

Yeah, I think they received a lot of feedback some of the combat animations are too slow.

I would be interested in backing when they finally launch the KS as well.

BTW, the dog in that second screenshot is surprisingly detailed (so cute <3)

Looks interesting.

Back
Top Bottom