|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The TV Series discussion thread

Default The TV Series discussion thread

July 1st, 2016, 23:01
Very different scenarios. It's not as if anyone had time to reason with him when Rickon was killed.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

July 2nd, 2016, 00:53
No one to check his impulses. True.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2016, 16:24
Just finished season 2 of The Leftovers. Really cool. I liked it a lot. Season 2 had even more of the strangeness you'd typically find in a David Lynch movie. And apparently there's going to be one more season. Can't wait.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

July 5th, 2016, 18:23
Since I can't open a new thread…
The thread I posted a few times we need. Bullshit of the week.

TV series Agent Carter got cancelled as is already known.
So why not mock fans with the "best possible" alternative to show events that were supposed to come in TC show?

loading…

Unbelievable.
The only thing worst than this would be Konami's Agent Carter pachinko machine.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)

July 5th, 2016, 22:10
I started watching Penny Dreadful last week. I'm about halfway through the second season right now. I think I liked the first season better, but it's been fun overall.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

July 6th, 2016, 02:41
I need to check it out sometime, but I don't think we have Showtime.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

July 8th, 2016, 23:03
I seem to be late to the discussion, but I want to add my voice to all those who'd said that Jon was being an emotional idiot. How the heck do you get to be appointed 'the king of the North' after almost letting your men die? And it wasn't his own luck that they didn't all die, it was only thanks to Sansa and her reluctant call to the Littlefinger… Also he was warned by Sansa that their brother was doomed, he was warned that Ramsey would most certainly try to trick him psychologically, and he still could do nothing against him, even with all the warnings.

So yeah, let's make this failure of a leader into a king! I just don't get it… I wonder if the author makes it sound plausible in the books. So far I think they should've made Sansa queen instead. She has heritage that is so important for them, and Jon would be beside her anyway, which should satisfy everybody. Really, appointing Jon Snow after he made such a failure out of himself makes everybody in the North look brain-dead to me…

On a side note, my favorite character of the show died. I couldn't believe it… After so many red herrings that she had a plan and would possibly outsmart everyone, I just didn't see it coming. *sigh*

P.S. Tried to watch "The 100" and found out that it most certainly is intended to be watched by teens.
Last edited by Elel; July 8th, 2016 at 23:15.

Elel

Devout Priestess of RPGs

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

July 8th, 2016, 23:10
Originally Posted by Elel View Post
On a side note, my favorite character of the show died. I couldn't believe it… After so many red herrings that she had a plan and would possibly outsmart everyone, I just didn't see it coming. *sigh*
Mine too.
Had a plan and would, if series were actually real, would in the end be the king of everything, even if just for a day. Such people always do.
And was - he. But…

To be honest I don't care for the story about him, but series lost one stellar performance.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)

July 8th, 2016, 23:13
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Mine too.
Had a plan and would, if series were actually real, would in the end be the king of everything, even if just for a day. Such people always do.
And was - he. But…

To be honest I don't care for the story about him, but series lost one stellar performance.
Ii'm not sure we're talking about the same person. I was talking about
Spoiler

Whom did you mean? I don't actually remember any other significant character dying in the last season.

P.S. It's pretty useless to use spoilers, b\c if you're subscribed, then you get the message in your email without tags. But just in case. *shrug*

Elel

Devout Priestess of RPGs

July 8th, 2016, 23:28
(
I think she had a fitting death even though i wish she is still around. She didn't die as a victim and expression on high sparrow face at the end says it all that in the end she won their battle.

lostforever

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

July 9th, 2016, 00:09
Marg was concerned about a pawn on the board, Cersei just nuked the board. I'm sure she intends to start a new game, based on her own rules.

In the novels Jon is also impulsive, but I think the tv version is much worse. My thoughts on why haven't changed much in twenty years, I believe Martin was trying to make it abundantly clear that Jon was not Ned's son. Blood, yes, but never a child of the obvious parent.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
+1:

July 9th, 2016, 00:29
I wonder if GoT will be predictable and Dany conquers the Seven Kingdoms. Martin hasn't ever been predictable, though, so it's more likely that she never will.

About Jon.. Please clarify this for me, guys. Is he Dany's half-brother? He doesn't look at all like her, he's all dark. Maybe I misunderstood something horribly.

Elel

Devout Priestess of RPGs

July 9th, 2016, 01:15
I wonder if GoT will be predictable and Dany conquers the Seven Kingdoms. Martin hasn't ever been predictable, though, so it's more likely that she never will.

About Jon.. Please clarify this for me, guys. Is he Dany's half-brother? He doesn't look at all like her, he's all dark. Maybe I misunderstood something horribly.
No, Dany is Jon Snows auntie. He elder brother Rhaegar (we don't see him in the show since he died before the events of the show) "married" Lyanna Stark. Their son is Jon Snow. Jon looks like his mother but behaves like his father, melancholic , brooding and impulsive.

This actually means Jon has grater claim on the Iron Throne than Dany's but no one other than Bran knows about this.

lostforever

SasqWatch

+1:

July 9th, 2016, 01:38
Jon is most certainly related to Daenerys, he is most likely either her nephew or half brother. The only two persons that I've ever considered for his father are Rhaegar or Aerys the second. They didn't call him the mad king for nothing, and in his youth Aerys had quite the eye for the ladies. I suspect we'll still have several more years to bounce theories around

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

July 9th, 2016, 01:49
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Jon is most certainly related to Daenerys, he is most likely either her nephew or half brother. The only two persons that I've ever considered for his father are Rhaegar or Aerys the second. They didn't call him the mad king for nothing, and in his youth Aerys had quite the eye for the ladies. I suspect we'll still have several more years to bounce theories around
Aerys is not his father, its Rhaegar. The chart in post #1991 by HBO confirms this.

lostforever

SasqWatch

July 9th, 2016, 01:54
Way too much of a fuss being made over what Jon did in that episode. I suppose all the people who are criticizing his actions would have been perfectly calm and collected after watching their brother killed right in front of them.

As far as Margaery is concerned, she was cute, but she wasn't going to be outsmarting everyone else anyways.

And yeah, Rhaegar was Jon's father. Anyone who's paid attention throughout the series knew that as soon as it was revealed that Lyanna had a child.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

July 9th, 2016, 13:20
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I suppose all the people who are criticizing his actions would have been perfectly calm and collected after watching their brother killed right in front of them.
Of course, not… But we aren't military leaders, and a few thousands of people wouldn't die because we failed to stay collected!

I can certainly understand Jon's feelings, I just don't think that one person is worth the death of thousands. And if Jon was fit to lead people and care for them, he'd know that, too…

Elel

Devout Priestess of RPGs

July 9th, 2016, 16:46
Sansa threw a fit in the pre-battle tent scene because nobody asked her advice, and while she didnt actually give any military advice when finally asked - she did give a solid-gold nugget of common sense advice which was essentially "dont do what he wants you to do".

Jon of course does that very thing, and nearly dies because of it (not really). Still, in a battle it shows that while Jon is a legendary warrior Boss, his extremely vulnerable feels are his exploitable weakness.

Truthfully, I'm shocked that he went thru w/ the execution at Castle Black, i was sure he was going to do the "sorry, I just cant do it" thing and strike the post instead. I was proud of him on that one.

I'm still broken-up about Margery, but I have hope that Melisandre will be back

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

July 9th, 2016, 16:51
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
I'm still broken-up about Margery, but I have hope that Melisandre will be back
As long as she keeps that necklace on. I never want to see the saggy version of her again.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

July 9th, 2016, 17:24
She goes far beyond the ever-elusive "GiLF" territory, tho it's never made known whether she has ever spawned anything other than demons. That I remember… maybe in the books her lineage is delved deeper. Technically, otherwise she would actually be a MiLF, no matter how old she was, unless her demons begat other demons

I love that aspect of her tho, it was brilliant how they slowly started revealing the weaknesses of what was a seemingly very powerful and fearsome character. But yeah - you and your sisters can come to the party, but keep the magical Lady Victoria's Secret necklaces on at all times, no matter how crazy things get

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The TV Series discussion thread