Dragon Age - PC Gamer Gets It's Own Quest

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
If you're planning on buying the holiday issue of PC Gamer then you'll get an exclusive quest line for Dragon Age: Origins. It will only be available to people who buy that issue of PC Gamer. The quest line it titled: A Tale of Orzammar. According to the report by Games Radar the quest is part of the story and will extend the lore in a surprising way. For those of us who will be unable to get that issue this may pose a problem. Let's just hope they make it available for download sometime in the near future.
More information.

*Update* The 'exclusive' content only available on the holiday issue of PC Gamer is nothing more than a short stand-alone adventure. It was made in collaboration with the magazine to show what could be done with the toolset. At the Dragon Age Forums Technical Designer David Sims had this to say:

Relax guys, this is a short stand-alone adventure, not an expansion of the main game. It doesn't have VO, it re-uses existing areas from the main campaign and there's not a lot of polish. It's just something put together in collaboration with the magazine as an example of the kind of content that can be made using the toolset.

Last edited:
I don't have any problem with this - maybe such things will get people to buy magazines again? Oh, wait...then might abandon sites such as this one ? Hmm, the conundrum here....

My only gripe with this has to be that only the readers in the US will be able to tget this, I think?, since it is in the PC Gamer US edition?

Well, i do have a problem with it. It's one thing to pay for additional content via the games website, which is fine with me, but it's another thing to have to pay for a magazine to get the extra content. I think they are going over the top with this.

This is *pathetic* :mad:

Mmmm… You'll get an exclusive quest for buying PC Gamer, and PC Gamer trumpets DA as the "RPG of the Decade".

What a coincidence!

I've been ok with all the exclusive content you can get for free by playing DA journeys, or by buying the collectors edition. I understand the DLC on day 0 because that was made by another studio and they have had plenty of time to finish it before the release of the game. Plus, from what I've read about the other DLC that isn't part of the main story, but this one actually extends the main story line and can only be had if you get that issue of PC Gamer. What about at least making it available for people who don't buy magazines anymore? Give us a choice whether we want to get it online or not.

I guess it doesn't matter in the end. There is enough there to keep me interested in the game for some time.

Developers on the DAO forums said its just a demo to show of the toolset. They say its totally unvoiced. So either pc gamer is misleading and trying to get more buyers or the BW developers are lying.

Doesn't impact me much since I am a subscriber to pc gamer us.

This is *pathetic* :mad:

Mmmm… You'll get an exclusive quest for buying PC Gamer, and PC Gamer trumpets DA as the "RPG of the Decade".

What a coincidence!

Wrong magazine. The offer is with PC Gamer US, not UK.

Wow. Even someone as bitter and cynical as myself, sitting here in the dark of my mother's basement combing my luxurious beard, even I never thought they could keep revealing an entirely new marketing gimmick every single day for the three weeks leading up to the release. The number of manhours and ingenuity that have gone into saturating… everything, I guess-- it's staggering!

Guys, just hold your flame cannons for a second. Stefan9 may be right in that this is not reliable. I've been checking the forums over there and this supposedly has been discussed before and debunked by a the developer. I haven't found the original thread that they are talking about, yet. But, I would tend to believe them because that makes a lot more sense than having a special quest just for PC Gamer.

Edit: Found the thread. Stefan is correct. It is an "exclusive" level, but it has nothing to do with the main plot line, no voice over and is just a stand alone adventure. It's just to showcase their toolset,

Only PC GAmer ?

And what's about gamers from other countries ?

Is this the beginning of nation-specific quests ?

It's not a "quest" added to the campaign, it's basically the same as a NWN module.

C'mon, relax guys.

In a couple of months, we will likely be flooded by such modules.

LOL, almost all of the Dragon Age marketing is a desaster. Hopefully the game will shut us up.

Call me conservative if you will, but I am actually against any kind of exclusive quests or items. even in the collector's edition. I really feel not being taken seriously when I encounter stuff like this.

No book publisher on Earth would add an extra chapter for those who buy some special edition. In music, this trend is unfortunaltely quite old, but in the age of the internet, every song is just a few clicks away, so screw them.

Oh? The first book in the Wheel of Time series is The Eye of the World, which is around 1000 pages long. But when Starscape printed it, they split the book into two books, the first of which was From the Two Rivers. That book had an extra chapter between the prologue and first chapter called "Ravens." So yeah, books do sometimes put in new chapters, actually!

Oh? The first book in the Wheel of Time series is The Eye of the World, which is around 1000 pages long. But when Starscape printed it, they split the book into two books, the first of which was From the Two Rivers. That book had an extra chapter between the prologue and first chapter called "Ravens." So yeah, books do sometimes put in new chapters, actually!

Movies too. They i.e sometimes shorten foreign movies distributed in US.

Black Library sometimes adds an exclusive short story with it's omnibus editions. The last one I read was a linking short story, making it much the same thing as a new chapter.

Back
Top Bottom