Forum ranks-stupid thread i know

I imagine the devs need one list to attach that can be linked to the post count. Considering all the work still in progress, multiclass selections would be time better spent by them atm.
You all know me, I would go with the fighter list. But lets see if anyone else has a list and then perhaps have a vote in a few weeks.

I find ranks to be kinda trite, but it is very popular. Post count is slightly more useful. I like Join Date. It allows you to see if someone just jumped into a forum to bash something or worship it. There was a period a little while back where a ton of Fallout freaks joined in here just to bash Bethesda. I could look at the post counts and join dates and ignore any threads started by those folks.

I like the Magic User and Paladin titles, but the Assassin ones are pretty atmospheric--Wag-Halter indeed. :) Maybe we can take one from each list.

Edit: Have to say I like army titles the least--for a role playing forum something more imaginative would be nice.

Hm, I take it you see how difficult it is to try and please them all :p. I, for one thing, don't like lists ripped from some other system, and I'm not overly much into fantasy themes.

I agree with crpgnut on the join date and post count issue, that's something I usually check out, too.

I still like Sasqwatch. ;)

how does one become an On the Razorblade of Life or have Paws of Dooooom.

I've always wanted to be Grandmaster of Flowers but that d4 that monks got didn't tend to let them last long.

Narpet, what were the ranks in the Unearthed Arcana. I know two of the new classes were Cavalier and Barbarian. I believe there were new monks and bards in there too.

--

So how about this then, can the the users choose a "class" where the ranks are called Levels? Then there would be a database of level ranks they could achieve. Like a Level 1 lobster could be a Crawdad and Level 8 could be a Metanephrops challengeri.

Another idea would be to take quotes from various RPGs and assign them to different incremental levels.

Narpet, what were the ranks in the Unearthed Arcana. I know two of the new classes were Cavalier and Barbarian. I believe there were new monks and bards in there too.

I will check when I get home from work... I haven't cracked open the old Unearthed Arcana in years... I'll dust it off and add those to this list tonight.

how does one become an On the Razorblade of Life or have Paws of Dooooom.
Watch staffers can edit their own titles, and some of the 'old' Dot crowd who 'transferred' to the Watch along with us asked us if they could keep their Dot titles.
Lucky Day said:
So how about this then, can the the users choose a "class" where the ranks are called Levels? Then there would be a database of level ranks they could achieve. Like a Level 1 lobster could be a Crawdad and Level 8 could be a Metanephrops challengeri.
Not in vanilla vB; there might be a hack out there somewhere enabling a class/leveling system, though.

Seems to me that Myrthos has more important things to deal with, like picking "paper or plastic" at the grocery store. I think the thread title says it all.

How about this.

1. Baby Rat
2. Clanrat Slave
3. Giant Rat
4. Clanrat Warrior
5. Gutter Runner
6. Stormvermin
7. Plague Monk
8. Assasin
9. Warlord
10. Grey Seer

You know I had to do a rat list :)

Then post more and you'll be promoted to Clanrat Slave :)

I'm sure we've all heard of "quality over quantity". Perhaps that would be a better aspiration.

Who gets to choose a quality post then? I guess it would have to go to you and the rest of the mods. I don't see that happening, there isn't enough time in the day to rate every single post fairly lol.

Edit: It is a very funny thought though. Having to weigh and measure each post :)

Anyways, it's a moot point here at The Watch. I think the majority of people here already aspire to having quality posts or at the very least to add something to a discussion. So back to post more get past Baby Rat :)

Double edit: ignore everything said in this post. Quality over quantity wins out and wouldn't be that hard to do. I still like my skaven list though ;)

Last edited:
Why not everyone? If the only thing that comes with "mod points" is glory, there wouldn't be much harm.

That is, let every registered member give any post a thumbs-up or thumbs-down, keep track of each poster's total, and assign ranks to the scores. Even better, put a list of the top 10 current posts on the front page.

I was going to say that you run the risk of buttheads ruining the scores like the recent poll. Although, probably someone who wasn't registered screwed that up.

They do something like what you and dte suggested over at Mythos Tomes http://www.mythostomes.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87. Even though they are new and do not have too many registered people there they have a karma meter, where you can give a thumbs up or down on the post.

Now that I think about it dte's and your idea isn't that bad. I just really, really want to be a Grey Seer. I promise I can backstab and whip up the masses into a frenzy just like Thanquol :devilish: Maybe when I'm old and have the wisdom of the ages like Corwin, then I can be as great as Thanquol. I doubt I'll ever be as great as Corwin though (My memory just isn't that good)

Flattery will get you everywhere. ;)

Back
Top Bottom