Fantasy General II - Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The TurnBasedLovers have reviewed Fantasy General II:

Fantasy General II: Invasion - Review

My forces on the battlefield are divided in half... They have been since we arrived at this cursed swamp. Some of the troops are grumbling about my past decisions as their general. Just by my mere presence, their performance is negatively affected. You can't please everybody, I guess...

One army group is to the east, mucking through the sludge trying to chase off lizardmen. The other group, my group, is more north-northwest and were trying to skirt around a spider-infested part of the area only to come face to face with a mob of undead Legion troops. So, there's that...

I've got a single group of recon infantry hidden in a line of trees heading for a site of ancient ruins, with the hope of finding sweet loot for our coffers. That loot will be needed to replenish my troll boulder throwers so they can make a last-ditch, long distant effort in knocking down the morale of a pack of lizardmen skirmishers which, in theory, will chase them off the backs of my surrounded thane and his younglings. All of this, of course, depends on exactly what the recon troops find in the ruins. If it's anything other than gold... Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there...

[...]

With a solid, fun combat system under the hood, a decision-making matrix at the reins, and a gorgeous dynamic world to adventure through, there is room for growth in FG2. Now that the Falirson's story has been told, what adventures and conquests can we see from other clans of the north? Perhaps even a new land can introduce the Empire's side of the story! The possibilities are many.

Score: 9/10
More information.

addictive as hell !!
What a great game, thank you Hastar for this gift ;-)

It's a great turn base strategy game. I can't wait to see what they add in the expansions. Having troll allies added a nice touch to the game. I would like to see how the empire side plays so I'm also hoping that will be in the expansion. Great music also.

i read somewhere about two campaigns, but i only see one? Did i read it wrong or am i missing something ?

i read somewhere about two campaigns, but i only see one? Did i read it wrong or am i missing something ?

They did mention that there will be a second campaign in the expansion, so maybe that is what you remember?

(And they said that more campaigns/expansions are possible, but not confirmed.)

Glad to hear that good feedback from other Watchers here. I haven't played it yet but am looking forward to getting around to it - and hearing positive things here makes me look forward to it even more!

Hmm... I'm interested but somehow held back by the fact that there's only one campaign and also being barbarian which I most settings find boring.

Back
Top Bottom