Pricewatch!

Dunno about you (all) but I've adored every single part of it (except the too long "skyhigh" part).

It's pretty good. Some of the controls might feel a bit awkward at first, but you get used to them.

What awkward controls? I had no such issue.

This game is more horror than any other "horror" game IMO, it's FPS with a slight RPG taste, and honestly it's a proof that Barker is a way above Stephen King when it comes to quality writing.
Just one note for those who'll try this gem… There is a "dungeon" where you're not told that mobs respawn endlessly, so instead of smashing their heads off for hours, run and search for an exit. Other than that area, there are no endless mobrespawns.

What awkward controls? I had no such issue.

This game is more horror than any other "horror" game IMO, it's FPS with a slight RPG taste, and honestly it's a proof that Barker is a way above Stephen King when it comes to quality writing.

There are YouTube commenters who are better writers than Stephen King. :p

Sorry but I can't agree on that.

Is it a game a could enjoy at least a bit JDR?

I liked it quite a bit, and the setting is unique. I'd say it's on par with DX:HR, but it depends what you like. Like DX, you can play stealth or go in guns blazing. I thought the stealth was done fairly well.

You can also take a non-lethal approach to clearing levels. Either way, enemies do not respawn. I didn't play any of the DLC.

enemies do not respawn.
SOLD!

Bought all DLC too. As it's not more expensive than the game (like EA does with Sims 3 and ME trilogy).

Haha, I have 103 games in Steam, hardly any of them played. Srsly Steam.
Don't have that much of them, but there are quite a few I haven't installed yet. :(

I liked it quite a bit, and the setting is unique. I'd say it's on par with DX:HR, but it depends what you like. Like DX, you can play stealth or go in guns blazing. I thought the stealth was done fairly well.

You can also take a non-lethal approach to clearing levels. Either way, enemies do not respawn. I didn't play any of the DLC.

Cool - it was sitting in my cart as I read this.

DLC alone is another $6.50. Probably barely worth it. Bought to keep my OCD side happy…

The story DLC is, at least at the discounted price of $3.39. I appreciate that it really feels like additional story content in every way because it just would not have fit into the original game since it follows one of its antagonists. It is also getting a follow up concluding the arc for that character and the story is pretty interesting. The others though, well they're cheap but you could probably take them or leave them.

Back
Top Bottom