The Legend Of Heroes - Now On GoG

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Legend of Heroes is a classic of sorts that has been released on GoG. Turn Based, 2D, Linear Story. Its worth checking out if you are a GoG only type purchaser.

- Classic JRPG with over 50 hours of gameplay, strategic turn-based combat, and countless side-quests.

- A vast world where every NPC has a name and personality, every town has its own unique politics and economic concerns, and no detail is ever trivial.

- Widescreen and USB gamepad support, selectable difficulty and new game+ features.
More information.

This one is really tempting. I want to get it, and if I saw it for 3DS, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

This one is really tempting. I want to get it, and if I saw it for 3DS, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

I hope Couch sees this. I'm a big advocate of him posting news about any RPG related game on any system, just for the people that might be interested.

There are lots of people that don't voice their opinion so its hard sometimes to know what people actually like seeing. Someone else posted yesterday that they bought some indie game after it was posted here just to try it.

I hope Couch sees this. I'm a big advocate of him posting news about any RPG related game on any system, just for the people that might be interested.

Couch already knows about this as I planned to post a news-bit with the steam, and GOG links. You posted it first so a belated thank you.:thumbsup:

I have two new kickstarters I'll post about tomorrow also. I just expect the usual negative feedback because of the art, and setting.

Now as for the game I bought the GOG version, and I'm enjoying it.:)

Hi Couch.
I actually meant I hope you see that Aubrielle hoped this game would be on 3DS.
All those news bits that you publish on different systems are still awesome regardless of the few that flip out in the comments :)

Um… Guys but…
This was posted ages ago plus I've stated yesterday that…
Wait just a sec, I'll find it…

Here:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24963

3DC cmon what the hell is that.
Reg on GOG, buy, install, play!

Just don't kill me later, I haven't tried it yet because of Unrest. :(

Yeah I know there's some hate on here for JRPG's and stuff, but so many of us like them. :) Maybe those of us that like things should be more vocal.

Though I always try to be as vocal - or more - when I like something than I am when I don't...

What hate on jrpgs? Nah.

Or you mean hate on 3DS? I'm guilty! :D

What hate on jrpgs? Nah.

Or you mean hate on 3DS? I'm guilty! :D

I love my 3DS because of the few truly amazing RPG's available on it. I only hate that it feels like 90%+ of the "games" available for it are trash, and there's no SNES games available for it yet (and supposedly running ROMs on it isn't as good as the PSP/Vita). I feel like it's almost a wasted system. That makes me sad.

I'm not sure of what your reasons are for hating on the 3DS, but if it's because of its wasted potential and junk market, I'd totally agree with you. :)

Just make sure you run Setup that's a separate app in game folder before running the game (at least GOG version).
Per default mouse is inverted for whatever reason and default resolution is Commodore64's - both can't be changed within the game but with setup.exe.

Also worth doing is enabling free camera as then you can rotate screen with Z, X or Y, X keys (depending on your keyboard set).

Be prepared for piles of text. At least in the beginning…
Not played it much but I just love it!

EDIT:
Sorry, it's CONFIG.EXE, not setup. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom