Unrest - Review @ RPGamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
RPGamer staff member Zach Welhouse played Pyrodactyl Games Unrest, and gave the game a final score of 3.5/5.

Unrest aims high and doesn't quite live up to its hype. The number of non-choices could say something depressing about fate for critics interested in following that interpretation, but more than that it feels like the game could have benefited from more development time. The basics are sound and the story-telling is top-notch, but it's all over too soon to flesh out the story it wants to tell. Be that as it may, aiming for the stars has its benefits. Unrest's setting invites players to a world unexplored by most RPGs, and the writing showcases thoughtful consideration of characters and social issues. It isn't a game that will appeal to everyone, but those who like it will like it a lot.
Now I bid you all farewll as I'm going on a short hiatus, and I doubt you will miss me. So I'll see you all in five days as I'm going on vacation for my birthday this weekend.

More information.

Happy birthday Couchpotato and enjoy your birthday by playing RPGs for the 5 days :)

Happy birthday Couch!

Now... What was the thread about? Who cares. ;)

Happy Birthday Couch and thanks for your fine work! I still need to play this game, but it sounds somewhat dissapointing, even if the writing is good. The developers told me at one point there would be skills and character development, when I said I was worried that the game would be an adventure and not a rpg and it doesn't sound like that made it in. And now I read the reactivity is also not so high. If I had known that, I probably wouldn't have supported the kickstarter. I will try to give it a chance, though.

Happy birthday Couch!!! Have a great vacation and we WILL definitely miss you!!! :)

The developers told me at one point there would be skills and character development…
Character development is in, but it's not skills you get, it's traits that are used in c&c.
No classic RPG skills.

gongrats Couch for reaching a new level! :) Enjoy the exp boost and remember to choose your perks wisely!

Back
Top Bottom