Two Worlds II - Southpeak cancels retail PC release for NA?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This to me, would be a huge failure on the part of Southpeak considering that you could get it months ago from Gamersgate online if you did it correctly. To make US pc gamers wait this long and then say, well, no box retail for you, doesn't speak highly of the publisher.

It's nice that Steam does offer it, but for those who've been waiting to play it, and wanted less than a box copy, it would have been nicer to be able to order it easier months ago when it was released for Europe.

Thanks for the heads up on Steam. I'm pretty new to Steam and really like playing without the CD. I'm far to lazy to search for no-cd rips. Still, I'll give this news a few days to perk and see if something else is coming, I really do like paper manuals.

This to me, would be a huge failure on the part of Southpeak considering that you could get it months ago from Gamersgate online if you did it correctly. To make US pc gamers wait this long and then say, well, no box retail for you, doesn't speak highly of the publisher.

Southpeak, the new Jowood.

I gotta agree this is pretty crappy and I heard the story of the Topware Royal copies being damaged in shipping. Something about coming from China. Guess it all comes from there now. My guess is the drama still isn't over yet so stay tuned
I would bet depending how it sells they will have more down the pipe. Maybe another "epic edition with dlc included like TW1 had-which you can still find physical copies around for.

Pathetic if true.

I managed to order a copy of the UK import version from gogamer.com during one of their 48-hour madness sales -- $29.90 plus shipping, arrived yesterday. Southpeak can officially bite my shiny metal ass.

Talk about a pr nightmare. I don't plan on buying anything from southpeak ever again. As for Topware find better publishers in the future or don't bother. Buy the game from gogamer they still sell the original retail release.

If the story was true about all the dvds being damaged during shipping, why not just announce it, instead of have this information spread by word of mouth? Why Not? Because I think the story is a complete fabrication. An attempt to not looks so bad. Most likely some suit type told them the game was going to lose money so they cut their loses. If Southpeak had true gamers working there, this whole mess would not have happened.

While the Steam offer is attractive, it's going for full price (49.99) with out a manual and for a game that is more than 2 months old. GoGamer still has the Euro version for 39.99, with of course the paper manual.

I apologize to all for all my rants on this game. But I was one of the few gamers that really liked the original 2 worlds. And I was one of the few who readily admitted to liking the game. I even went out and pre ordered the sequel. I even posted last year my most anticipated games for 2010 were 1) 2Worlds2, 2)Arcania and 3)Fallout Vegas. So the delays were a huge disappointment and the cancellation has crushed me.

Okay, I'm not gonna do something stupid, but when most of your gaming time is spent playing single player RPGs, and when, in a gaming sense, you live from RPG to RPG. And when you are teased and tempted mercilessly by a game you hungered for so long, well . . .

It's off to the gym. I have a boxing session on Sunday. Man oh Man I can't wait for that. I think I'll take the family to see "Tangled" this evening. I liked that movie the first time I saw it.

Last edited:
Dajjer your probably right but don't forget many people imported the game and southpeak knew sales wouldn't be good. They only have themselves to blame.

Dajjer your probably right but don't forget many people imported the game and southpeak knew sales wouldn't be good. They only have themselves to blame.

I normally do import. But I thought this time I would help the American economy by buying from Southpeak. You know the jobs thing and what not. Besides, with Fallout and Arcania, I thought I could easily wait a few weeks. Silly me.

I just checked my boxed PC DVD order on gamestop and yep... my order status is now 'cancelled.'

Looks like I'll just find some other game to play, I refuse to buy the digital version.

I received the same call...

But I'm wondering IF this was in relation to the "Royal" Edition?

And was just a screw up on Gamestop's part and thus "all" pre-orders of that AND the Regular ver. were contacted.

Guess I'll wait and see on the 9th what happens.

If it's a no-go I'll go with GoGamer or Gamersgate!

Regards

I thought something funny was going on when the PC version was suddenly delayed at the last minute while the console versions shipped out a week ago or so.

I ordered the Royal Edition from Topware themselves and it should be here tomorrow. Glad I did that!

I have the collectors edition of Two Worlds, I went to the Topware web site to check out the Royal Edition for 2 worlds 2. While the web site didn't say what comes with the Royal edition, Gamestop told me there was no Royal editon for the PC. (they were wrong)

OTH, GoGamer just started a Two Worlds 2 special at - $29.99.

73 hours left as of Friday nite 9:00 pm pacific coast time.

I have the collectors edition of Two Worlds, I went to the Topware web site to check out the Royal Edition for 2 worlds 2. While the web site didn't say what comes with the Royal edition, Gamestop told me there was no Royal editon for the PC. (they were wrong)

It's the same as the UK Royal Edition as far as I know... art book, statue, mouse pad, a deck of cards, a map and some in-game items. I am probably missing something or other as well.

My main motivation I have to admit was the box... there was an unboxing video somewhere and the box was just magnificent, a real collector's box not some dinky thing like Dragon Age's collector's edition.

Just one final post it amazes me how there is no comment from the developers or publishers. The places that took pre-orders had to call or email you instead. I guess the company's involved don't care about there customers. This not beneficial for future business. I don't care if the xbox or ps3 is selling well they screwed over the intended market. But hey its Southpeak a company that already has a bad rep and was caught lying about the game last year.

I think the company should make an official announcement if this is true.

If it turns out to be through Steam only , then I am going to wait. I have quite a few games on Steam but every title has been bought when they were on sale. The digital version just isn't worth as much to me as the retail. I am forced to always have the Steam client running when I play, I can't give it away or sell it when I am done (though I rarely ever do even with non-Steam games), and the customer service is through email only.

Steam's customer service is my biggest concern. The couple times I have contacted them it has taken 24 hours or more to get a response. A coworker had his account compromised and he had the same experience - 24 hours to get the initial response then a series of emails to prove that he was the actual owner. He was locked out of his games for a week while this was going on. If he could have spoken to a live representative the matter could have been cleared up in a more timely manner. For a company that brought in nearly a billion dollars in sales last year there is no reason that they couldn't invest some of that into live customer service.

But hey its Southpeak a company that already has a bad rep and was caught lying about the game last year.

For me they`re of JoWood quality. Same goes for TopWare...originally trailblazing company that brought cheap & good games to Eastern Europe, flopped in 2001 and was later "resurrected". Recent claim to fame : infamous catch-all, letter-sending threatening with lawsuits for (alleged) pirating of some pinball game.

I wish Two Worlds devs all the best, but they`re really not in a good hands here.

Also: It`s all Chinese` fault !!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1

Back
Top Bottom