EA - Plan To Make Their Games Better

Let me guess, by making games into a service - that's better, right?

Let me guess, by making games into a service - that's better, right?

Ugh! I hope not. You are likely oh so correct though. Given the last speech about "gamers not being ready for our amazing innovation".. I wouldn't doubt it the least.

They've been talking about it forever - and it seems to fit the EA profile perfectly.

They've been talking about it forever - and it seems to fit the EA profile perfectly.

Was that where they mentioned saving as a game service you'd have to pay for ?
Or was that the activsion idiot ? Can't remember now.

The only way to fix the issue was to download a crack to be able to play my legally bought Steam version of Alice Madness Returns.

TLDR = FUCK EA!
ROTFL

I can't now remember which game it was, IIRC it wasn't EA but uPlay game that also refused to work without a crack. :D
In fact the crack was that good it became a part of the official patch, something like that. If only I could remember which game was that exactly, I only remember many sites wrote about the whole thing.

We need to persuade EA and Ubi to stop torturing us with uPlay and Origin somehow. Steam is far superior to their "solution" and besides, who on earth thinks doubleDRM is an awsome thing? I bought a game on Steam, I don't want to see Origin nor uPlay. If I wanted those two and not Steam, I'd buy the game on their store.
But I have no idea how to make them listen, maybe someone does?

ROTFL

I can't now remember which game it was, IIRC it wasn't EA but uPlay game that also refused to work without a crack. :D
In fact the crack was that good it became a part of the official patch, something like that. If only I could remember which game was that exactly, but I remember many sites wrote about the whole thing.

We need to persuade EA and Ubi to stop torturing us with uPlay and Origin somehow. But I have no idea how to make them listen, maybe someone does?

I think that was Rainbow Six Vegas 2 at least that's one where i remember Ubi doing that.

Working on a playable build early on is a good idea, as is an emphasis on player feedback at earlier stages of the game.

If they do magically start heeding what their players tell them -- and from my experience with SWTOR, whose customer support is under the auspices of EA, this is not entirely likely -- this could, for example, allow them to focus on problems in the engine that are prohibitively expensive to fix later, when everything is tied together.

I hope they manage to implement their plan. Of course, tester expectations would need to be scaled back, as earlier testing automatically would mean less features or content.

How to sell games noone buys. Easy. Put them with those that are still selling and introduce a subscription. Y'know, like tv channels mix 23 hours of mexican soap operas with an hour of some quality series.

EA Announces Netflix-Like Subscription Plan On Xbox One

Next month on PC: Origin subscription.
For only a few bucks per month you can play Sims, Peggle and Dragon Age 2!

btw, I've instarefused MS Office 365. No "singleplayer" office? Well, there is always free and legal alternative.

Back
Top Bottom