Witcher 3 - Interview & More Previews

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Analog Addiction has a new interview with CD Projekt RED’s Senior Art Producer Michał Krzemiński, and talk about sea monsters & crossbows for Witcher 3.

Does The Witcher 3 feature different types of horses and boats? Are there other modes of transportation? Maybe teleporting?

No, unfortunately no teleporting for Geralt. As for the horses and boats, we’re continuing the tradition of Roach (the fish, not the bug!), which is a name Geralt gave to each of his horses. Regarding the boats, we’re still tweaking and finalizing that part so I’ll remain silent for now.

Speaking of sailing, will gamers engage in combat while at sea? Maybe against different kinds of sea-monsters? Sirens, perhaps?

Yes, Geralt will engage in combat with sea-monsters. This is another reason why we decided to introduce the Gabriel crossbow, a weapon able to deal ranged damage to enemies out of sword range (flying creatures, too!).

How has the delay of The Witcher 3 helped development? What is your focus during this extra time?

Polishing the game. We really think that it’s better to postpone the launch of a game and give gamers an experience we’re proud of instead of launching it just for the sake of sales.

Will Gerat make use of other ranged weapons, besides the crossbow that we’d seen during your E3 gameplay?

No, we have only one ranged weapon type in the game. But don’t worry, there will be plenty of diversity connected with it, i.e. you’ll be able to craft an array of bolts with different effects on monsters (you could have seen an example of this in our E3 stage gameplay where we shot the griffin with bolts that cause it to bleed so we can track it better). Come to think of it, it’s not a weapon per se, but there are witcher Signs you could use to deal ranged damage. There’s ten of them (an alternative for every classical Sign known from the previous game).
And here are the new previews from Comic-con.

IGN

Members of the team behind the upcoming The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt flew all the way from Poland to San Diego this week to deliver a full 30-minute live gameplay demo to the crowds at Comic Con. The demo opened up with the Witcher himself, Geralt, riding through the large town of Novgirad. He’s on the trail of Ciri, an ashen-haired woman fans may remember from the original Witcher who is now being pursued by the Wild Hunt.
The Game Fanatics

Spoiler Alert: This summary of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Panel will have spoilers for a few quests and gameplay elements. I’ve intentionally avoided some key plot narratives but still read ahead at your own risk.
More information.

I'm so hyped about that game, that I'll be disappointed for sure.

Yeah, it can't really be as good as it seems :)

But I'm glad they're being open about it being 50 hours of main story - and 50 hours of optional content.

That does seem realistic. The way they're saying it's much larger than Skyrim, people could easily get the wrong idea and expect hundreds and hundreds of hours of semi-unique content.

Still, if anyone can make a game as good as this seems to be, it's CDPR.

I don't know a game which lived up to the way it sounded on paper so I don't see how this will be any different. I will be happy if the actual finished products is 50% good as it sounds !

I think these days I am getting old so 50 hour main story sounds reasonable to me. Maybe even tad too long for main story lol! I think I prefer about 30 - 40 hours for the main story and multiple side stories which are about 20 – 25 hours each.

Due to events outside of my control, I stop playing a game for a week or two. If I was in the middle of long story quest then I find it hard to get back in… did I say I am getting old? :p

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

;)

We really think that it’s better to postpone the launch of a game and give gamers an experience we’re proud of instead of launching it just for the sake of sales.
Buy JoWood. Sack their CEO. Please. Pretty please.

Back
Top Bottom