Elder Scrolls Online - Megaserver Migration

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
ZeniMax Online posted information about this weeks European megaserver migration.

We’re preparing to make the move to our new datacenter! Get the details and answers to your questions here.

We know many of you have been looking forward to the migration, and we’re ready to share the specifics. The European megaserver migration will begin at 8:00AM EDT (1:00PM BST) on July 30th, and we anticipate that the process will be complete by 5:00PM EDT (10:00PM BST). During the migration, the European megaserver will be unavailable, but the North American megaserver, account site, and forums will not be affected.

If you have questions about the process, we’ve got you covered. Here are a few common ones. If you don’t see your question here, make sure to check out our knowledge base.
More information.

TESO sent me an email asking me to fill out a survey about why I played the Beta but didn't buy the full game. I clicked the link and the survey said "Thanks but this survey is now closed." This was 2 hours after I got the original email.

Ironically, this sums up why I didn't buy the full game. Because it's a poorly made, ill-thought-out, empty husk of a game. For instance...launch in Europe...but don't have a European server until many months later...anyway, my TESO hate continues.

I'm resubbing because of this - though I might wait until Update 4 - which should have the Justice system. That sounds like it'll be right up my alley - and I don't want to be done with the game before it arrives.

I think they made a huge mistake not migrating from the beginning - and I certainly couldn't help but interpret it as a slap in my face, given the casual dismissal of it being an issue.

NOT good, but the game is strong enough to warrant my forgiveness.

I have characters on both servers. I haven't been playing much due to starting my business; I now really get why people are so enamored by free-to-play when they don't have a lot of time - not playing a free to play game feels less like throwing away money (except for all the items you have bought).

Also looking forward to the Justice system.

Fine, force me to say something nice...the justice system is a step in the right direction...there, I said it.

At this rate TESO will be a good game in about 20 years...I couldn't resist!!

I have played since launch and I am still enjoying the game. I have a great time in PVP at least 3 nights a week. Its a big game, so it will take a while for changes to happen.

Back
Top Bottom