Cornerstone - Wind Walker Meets Dark Souls

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Cornerstone : The Song of Tyrim is another kickstarter asking for $30,000 to release on the PC, Mac, and Linux. It's desribed as a open world action adventure, with an emphasis on exploration, and combat mixed with physics, and player choice.

Cornerstone is an open world action adventure, with an emphasis on exploration and combat mixed with physics and player choice. A game inspired by The Legend of Zelda games and Dark souls.

The world is structured similar to Wind-Waker with a series of islands connected within vast ocean, almost every areas is accessible from the start. The main method of transportation between islands will be by Ship (and don't worry, there will be fast travel).

We’re aiming for an art style that invokes a sense of wonder but at the same time has the ability to charm your socks off. Stylized geometry with simple textures but with realistic rendering, and of course much inspiration will derives from the Viking culture.
More information.

Last edited:
Not interested in coop and will support it the last day only if it doesn't reach coop stretch goal. If it does reach it, I won't buy it ever.

Other than that, it looks cute and would instapledge if the plan was rich singleplayer experience.

I just watched the video, and to say this game was "inspired" by TLoZ: Wind Waker is a bit of an understatement. They pretty much flat-out ripped it off.

I don't see the Dark Souls influence though.

Neither do I, maybe they named dropped it to get more backers / attention ?

Back
Top Bottom