Red Hook Studios - Darkest Dungeon 2 Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer report on the announcement of Darkest Dungeon 2 from Red Hook Studios and has exclusive first details.

Red Hook Studios is making Darkest Dungeon 2, a follow-up to the wonderfully grim turn-based roguelike that was our favorite RPG of 2016.

The studio isn't announcing many details beyond the game's existence and the teaser above, but did speak to us exclusively, saying that although Darkest Dungeon's combat system will be returning in a recognizable but "tuned-up" form, the studio is focused on creating a "completely different" structure for its metagame. Darkest Dungeon 2 will initially release in Early Access.

[...]
More information.

hope won't be more of the same or have the same flaws or i will never touch this

A rogue like. Anything can be roguelike these days.

Despite the huge success, this one is crowdfunded, sticking to good recipes.

Very good game but my problem with Darkest Dungeon was that it was easy for me until the final dungeon. So I get a few groups of characters to high lvl then they die. Had no desire to re-level a bunch of characters. Never played it again, though I may replay it someday.

Drat. I was hoping that Red Hook was secretly working on Darkest Dungeon 2 while they were also creating Color of Madness...and, they would spring a surprise announcement on us with a release a week or two later. Instead, we'll be going to early access...this could take a while.

Very good game but my problem with Darkest Dungeon was that it was easy for me until the final dungeon. So I get a few groups of characters to high lvl then they die.

Ultimate grinder (as announced it would turn to be during early access stage)

Well, assuming that means that DD1 is finally complete (no more DLCs) so I can finish it without having to return to it later. Yay! I mean I quite liked the game when I tried it a year or so ago, just not an experience I would like to put myself through more times than absolutely necessary… :)
About DD2 - from what I gather they will be replacing the light mechanic with warmth. Hope they tweak much more than that though, to make it a new experience rather than just a reboot in a new environment. Will see!

Back
Top Bottom