Darkest Dungeon - Release Date: Late October

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
In the new Roadmap for Darkest Dungeon a release date has been announced:

Coming in July

• New Hero: The Houndmaster! This rugged ex-constable will wander into the Hamlet, accompanied by his faithful Wolfhound and help restore order to your lawless acreage!
  • Sanitarium overhaul! A significant rework of quirks, diseases, and the Sanitarium is coming! You’ll be able to sculpt your heroes a little more by locking your favourite positive quirks on them – but be warned, doing so is permanent, and cannot be reversed.
  • Diseases will also be separated into their own category, and better integrated into the game game flow.
  • Armor up! Armor icons will upgrade on all heroes.
  • “And more…” Quality of life changes, balance, tuning, gameplay tweaks and other additions are always going into the build!
After the July update, the next stop for us will be the Cove, a completely new dungeon with it’s own bosses, monsters, curios, traps, and obstacles! If things weren’t salty enough, get ready to choke down on the briny waters as your sodden adventurers push ever closer to… The Darkest Dungeon!

Our full 1.0 release is scheduled for late October, this year!

The final dungeon and story content will be added, and you will conclude your quest to restore your family’s estate, or die trying. What can you expect in the Darkest Dungeon? We’re not saying a word…

Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm – we’re working as hard as we can to bring you a fantastic experience!

-The Darkest Dungeon Team

More information.

All release their games before Fallout 4 :)

... and thanks Couch for the info.

Last edited:
Tried it when the early access was recently opened for low tier backers and had a blast with it. The game is really addictive, fun and atmospheric. It has quite the XCOM vibe where you will lose your beloved heroes from time to time (in fact they are quite expendable at the beginning of the game).

The only problem is that I foresee it to become repetitive quite soon. Of course there is still at least one hero class to add and more dungeon types so things could change with time. Also, some people started to mod the game already, and thanks to the simplicity of the graphics I think we may expect a lot of new stuff from that side.

The grinding for new heroes though, I think it will be hard to avoid. You will lose some heroes early on (hopefully they will be just a few, normally they will be many more), and you will have to get new recruits and level them up to suitable levels going through the same small beginner dungeons again and again. There is a full roster of 20 heroes and I think which you should train them all (because you'll have to give rest to some of them after one or two dungeons to relieve stress) which is a task in itself, but then you'll have to train also new recruits to replace those that die in your adventures.

It can be a repetitive and a bit boring process, because when you have some trinkets at your disposal, have learnt the ropes and have the gold for supplies and upgrades, it isn't such a challenge anymore. So in my opinion they should provide higher level heroes in the tavern after some time.

Other than that the game is great.

I'm very much looking forward to play the final game.

The second half of 2015 has quite a few titles to look forward to, especially in terms of "indie" titles:
-UnderRail
-Darkest Dungeon
-StarCrawlers
-Grim Dawn
-Legends of Eisenwald

and many more.

The grinding for new heroes though, I think it will be hard to avoid.

If that is the only part in grinding felt as bothersome, it is safe to assume it will be alleviated in the final release as retiring a hero to tutor other heroes is an expected feature.

I bought the game during Steam sale and played for about 5h and restarted 3 or 4 times. The game is already pretty great and challanges concepts I was used to. For me it was extremely hard to see my heroes as expendable. When your crew gets wiped, it's hard to just write them off and start with another band.
I will wait till the final release to dig in deeper. Nonetheless this is a game everybody should give a try. Be it for the incredible atmosphere and art style alone.

I'm very much looking forward to play the final game.

The second half of 2015 has quite a few titles to look forward to, especially in terms of "indie" titles:
-UnderRail
-Darkest Dungeon
-StarCrawlers
-Grim Dawn
-Legends of Eisenwald

and many more.

Only two games on that list I don't have...underrail and legend of eisenwald.

Only two games on that list I don't have…underrail and legend of eisenwald.
You really should check out UnderRail, it may well be my most wanted game for what's left of 2015. It's a pretty impressive, and inexpensive, indie RPG, in which I already spent several hours since the very early versions. It really is very entertaining.

It’s a fun little game. Not amazing in any way, but for the price they are asking I found it well worth it.

DD is staggeringly fun. I'm about ready to put it down and wait for final release. Great devs, great game!

Only two games on that list I don't have…underrail and legend of eisenwald.

You should really get UnderRail! Incredible game, if you can look past the kinda dated graphics. But who needs that in a RPG anyway. This is the best (only?) post-apoc iso RPG since Fallout 2. And it's cheap as hell! What are you waiting for?

Back
Top Bottom