BattleTech - Flashpoint Expansion released - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BattleTech - Flashpoint Expansion released

Default BattleTech - Flashpoint Expansion released

November 27th, 2018, 22:19
The Flashpoint expansion for BattleTech is now available:

BATTLETECH: Flashpoint - Release Trailer

loading…

Flashpoints embroil players in the feuds and machinations of the various Great Houses of the Inner Sphere, and are designed to keep even the most hardened mercenary commanders on their toes. In addition to narrative twists and turns, some Flashpoint stories include consecutive deployments in which players can't repair or heal between missions, while others feature infiltration contracts that restrict the tonnage of deployable BattleMechs.

Beyond adding over 30 hours of exciting Flashpoints to BATTLETECH, this expansion comes complete with three new 'Mechs (including the highly anticipated Hatchetman), a challenging new mission type, and a new tropical biome for the biggest and most challenging BATTLETECH experience yet.

Alongside Flashpoint, the game also received a free update today, adding a slew of new content to expand the base game. Update 1.3 features an all new Career Mode, which challenges players to begin the game with the Argo in a random system where they will attempt to survive and thrive without the big payout from story missions. Update 1.3 also features revamped MechWarrior-abilities based on fan feedback, a revision of the reputation system that lets the player really feel the effects of their actions, new events with cameos from legendary MechWarriors, new Mercenary contracts (with pirates!), and more. For all the details on the added content, please see the full 1.3 update notes HERE.
Thanks Darkheart!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

November 27th, 2018, 22:19
What is this BULLSHIT that you have to 'log in' to play the dlc if you buy it ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

November 27th, 2018, 22:27
Originally Posted by you View Post
What how did I miss that!!! If true I call bullocks HBS and Paradox.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
+1:

November 27th, 2018, 22:34
Yeah, the log-in stuff is a bit stupid. I think it was the same with the KS skins. Apparently, it is for "security reasons" and mulitplayer.

Nonetheless, can't wait until this is integrated into RogueTech. I have no interest in playing the vanilla game ever again. But RogueTech? I will play this for years to come!

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

November 27th, 2018, 22:39
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
Yeah, the log-in stuff is a bit stupid. I think it was the same with the KS skins. Apparently, it is for "security reasons" and mulitplayer.
Damn it so every DLC release will require you to log-on just to play? That's bullshit. I know it's easy to log on but its a stupid idea to make one do so just to play DLC.

Bet you it's Paradox's Idea as before the steam launch of most of their strategy games you had to register your cd key on the forum just to view/download mods.

You still have to nowadays just to get access to the part of their forums about mods.
--
In the words of George Carlin -"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 28th, 2018 at 02:44. Reason: Minor Fixes

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 27th, 2018, 22:46
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
That reminds me. I need working smilies in the sig. Desperately.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)

November 28th, 2018, 02:40
Didn't I say that ?

Damn it so ever DLC release will require you to log-on just to play? That's bullshit.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 28th, 2018, 02:43
Didn't I say that ?
I was replying to another user, and I was asking about future DLC expansions.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
That reminds me. I need working smilies in the sig. Desperately.
Yep but the site doesn't allow you to add smileys to signatures.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 28th, 2018, 04:14
Huh? Oh, I see, if you follow the link:
Note for Paradox Plaza users: After purchase of the Flashpoint expansion, you will need to be logged in within the game in order to see Flashpoint content.
What's a Paradox Plaza? Part of the forums? There's no mention of it on the Steam update and I don't see anyone complaining in the Steam forums.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

November 28th, 2018, 05:48
Looks like something to do with GDPR compliance. Probably had some kind of telemetry spyware in the previous versions of their games, and need to make people accept new terms, or opt in/out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaz…of_pds_titles/
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

November 28th, 2018, 07:32
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Huh? Oh, I see, if you follow the link:

What's a Paradox Plaza? Part of the forums? There's no mention of it on the Steam update and I don't see anyone complaining in the Steam forums.
Yeah, I think you need a forum account with which you then log-in from the game's main screen.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 28th, 2018, 10:49
I don't remember the account being tied to the forum (it might be in the backend) but this is a really nasty form of drm because when their servers die your game (or dlc in this case) dies.
--
Anyway as i've said in the past no paradox games for myself. Battletech - well they can go rot.

Yeah, I think you need a forum account with which you then log-in from the game's main screen.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 28th, 2018, 11:00
THis might be the 'easy' implementation for them but it is extremely fragile esp given paradox track record of keeping their sever running. I.e, convenience to the company but shitcrap to the players.

Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Looks like something to do with GDPR compliance. Probably had some kind of telemetry spyware in the previous versions of their games, and need to make people accept new terms, or opt in/out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaz…of_pds_titles/

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 28th, 2018, 15:50
It's not necessary, only if you use the Paradox Launcher (why? no idea).

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

November 28th, 2018, 15:58
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
It's not necessary, only if you use the Paradox Launcher (why? no idea).
Yep reading part of that press release and other websites you need to log-on to play some of the content added with this expansion. It starts after the main campaign.
I am playing BATTLETECH through the Paradox Launcher and I can?t find the Flashpoint content: After purchase of the Flashpoint expansion, you will need to be logged in within the game in order to see Flashpoint content. This is only if you are running the game through the Paradox Launcher though.
So yeah looks like only if you bought it off the paradox site and use their launcher.

Link - https://play.paradoxplaza.com/
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 28th, 2018, 16:13
Weird, this whole logging in thing sounds like a reason to avoid buying the extra content to me. I've still not even played the base game, I was going to wait for all the expansions to land, but if they are all like this one, I don't see me buying any of them, to be honest.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

November 28th, 2018, 16:17
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Weird, this whole logging in thing sounds like a reason to avoid buying the extra content to me. I've still not even played the base game, I was going to wait for all the expansions to land, but if they are all like this one, I don't see me buying any of them, to be honest.
Feel the same now since the expansion probably wont arrive till late 2019 or 2020. Can't believe it takes them three years to make a full expansion instead of content updates.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 28th, 2018, 23:01
Feel the same now since the expansion probably wont arrive till late 2019 or 2020. Can't believe it takes them three years to make a full expansion instead of content updates.
Urban Warfare is planned for a Summer 2019 release and the unannounced 3rd expansion for the end of 2019. Don't see why they shouldn't make it.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 28th, 2018, 23:10
Urban Warfare is planned for a Summer 2019 release and the unannounced 3rd expansion for the end of 2019. Don't see why they shouldn't make it.
The first two are just content updates hopefully the third one is an actual expansion. Basically it will add more to the campaign to play not just flashpoints, & urban warfare.

Though I could be wrong as the first two are so disappointing. By that I mean I actually want more campaigns to play. Maybe I expect to much as old time expansions are dead.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 28th, 2018, 23:30
So yeah looks like only if you bought it off the paradox site and use their launcher.
Why would they do that? I mean… it's on GOG, so why bother with that kind of stuff?

Cacheperl

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BattleTech - Flashpoint Expansion released