Skyrim - Skywind Gameplay Demo

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a Skywind gameplay demo on PC Gamer:

Here's eleven minutes of Skywind, the mod porting Morrowind to Skyrim

After Skyblivion's new cinematic trailer, it seems Skywind won't be outdone.

In a proper answer to last week's new cinematic trailer for Skyblivion (the big modding project porting Oblivion to Skyrim's engine), we've now got a full 11 minute gameplay video for sibling mod project Skywind, which is, yes, Morrowind recreated in Skyrim. The video shows off a few key features that Morrowind fans have asked the TESRenewal team about in the past.

[...]

More information.

After Skyblivion's new cinematic trailer, it seems Skywind won't be outdone.
nerd.jpg

I'm just kidding, but I do wonder if a bit of healthy rivalry might actually help to get one of these projects to somewhere near completion.

I agree 100% Ripper. I almost wish they would join the two teams and finish one project first. I don't even care which one. They could flip a coin. These are two projects that may actually see the light of day.

Both new trailers do get me pretty excited. I should learn a lesson but I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

You never know. I'm somewhat encouraged by them showing progress on the gameplay and the content - usually these projects show lots of lovely scenery, because there are a lot of decent 3d modeler hobbyists out there. Finding the guys to do all the nitty gritty I think tends to be the stumbling block.

I want this NAO!!!
I really want to replay Morrowind, but the combat system holds me off. With the Skyrim system I'm definitely in. And man does this look good. Did you see that lava!?

This will blow people’s minds when it releases in 2045.

No, in 2025 when TES6 releases, the teams will announce they are going to stop development and start porting it to TES6 engine instead. And the cycle continues.

I’m kidding....I hope. I really am excited about Skywind. Oblivion was my first TES game. I later tried but never finished Morrowind.

Wow, looks awesome. I went and watched the Skyblivion trailer, and while that one looks more impressive visually, this other one based on Morrowind is probably likely to actually get released sooner rather than later. It looks like they have done a lot of work on it. The details are very well done, such as the colors on some of the architecture, the overall atmosphere, plus the map part/demonstration was great too.

Yep, certainly good-looking. But I've been hurt before.

It looks good, but I still don't see the point. It just seems like a lot of work for something that has already been surpassed with other mods.

You could just use MSGO, which looks even better imo, and add one of the many available combat mods out there to achieve the same (or better) results.

The video sure looks promissing and it gives me hope to see that they have began implementing quests, a.i, npcs and other gameplay elements. Morrowind as far as I remember had hundreds of quests, so they really have a long road ahead. Implementing all of them without bugs and having decent voice overs for each of npcs is quite an accomplishment!

Does the ground texture use normal maps? The cobble stones and interior floors don't exactly pop. Nice F/X though.

Back
Top Bottom