Divinity: Original Sin II - The Four Relics of Rivellon - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin II - The Four Relics of Rivellon

Default Divinity: Original Sin II - The Four Relics of Rivellon

June 15th, 2020, 11:54
The Definitive Edition of Divinity: Original Sin II wasn't definitive enough, so there is another gift bag from Larian Studios. The gift bag is a mix of new content, additional languages for console games and bug fixes and unfortunately the new content is only available when you start a new game.

Today we are releasing our biggest Gift Bag yet, The Four Relics of Rivellon!

As always, it's delivered directly to your version of DOS2 and at no extra cost, via an update released alongside this text!

In The Four Relics of Rivellon, you'll embark upon new quests in search of four ancient armour sets imbued with magical properties. You'll face new foes, fight brand new fights, and even take on an entirely new Undead Dragon boss. Discover new lore, new loot, and new narration on the hunt for distant relics.

What you see of course depends on the choices you make during your adventure. Be sure to check out the trailer!
loading…

Checkout this post on the Larian forums for more details.

Despite the need to start a new game, it speaks in Larian's favor that they keep on supporting and delivering new content, which is also free, for a game that was originally released 3 years ago.

More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 12:01
Can't criticize them but I will.

Personally I hate re-downloading games for small patches and DLCs.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 12:55
I enjoyed this game, but I doubt I will ever replay it. It just takes too much time, so this little piece of extra content will likely never be played by me. Poor little DLC

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 13:24
I started my first and only play of this game a couple years ago and for some reason stopped midway. Maybe this will get me to start up again.

Has anyone tried the Divinity Unleashed mod? Supposedly overhauls and balances combat. Any impressions? Thanks.

Zytos

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 13:26
I have to agree with the RTwP fans here. I enjoyed Sin II but some of the battles just take to long with all the environmental effects. If you mess up one of these battles and have to do it again, it can cause a rage quit.

Nice to see new armors added. I'm a sucker for new armors.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 13:41
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Can't criticize them but I will.

Personally I hate re-downloading games for small patches and DLCs.
well said
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 15:32
Nice of them but at this point I wish they would put these time and manpower resources into BG3 or remaking an older divinity game.

Lynchden

Watchdog
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 18:45
Thanks Larian, Looking forward to another re-run.

skally_wag

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 19:28
I am trying to figure out whether or not this new content is coming to the Switch version. My assumption is ‘not right away’ - but I asked on the official forums. Would be enticing as I have only played a little bit of the Switch version and having just finished Bioshock Infinite and The Outer Worlds on Switch it would be nice to dig back in.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 19:35
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I am trying to figure out whether or not this new content is coming to the Switch version. My assumption is ‘not right away’ - but I asked on the official forums. Would be enticing as I have only played a little bit of the Switch version and having just finished Bioshock Infinite and The Outer Worlds on Switch it would be nice to dig back in.
What is the allure to replaying games on a different platform? Honest question. I don't get it. "I have only played a little bit of the Switch version" matters why? It's the same game, isn't it?

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 19:40
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Everything I’ve read and the trailer lists Nintendo switch as one of the platforms it coming to.

sakichop

Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

June 15th, 2020, 19:46
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
What is the allure to replaying games on a different platform? Honest question. I don't get it. "I have only played a little bit of the Switch version" matters why? It's the same game, isn't it?
Can’t speak for Txa, but I’ll replay games on different platforms so i can play with different friends who one own 1 platform or the other.

Also I’ll buy timed exclusives on PS4 and then buy them when released on PC if i plan a replay. For instance I beat nioh 2 on PS4 and will play it with my son when it releases later on PC.

sakichop

Mentioned: Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 20:10
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Can’t speak for Txa, but I’ll replay games on different platforms so i can play with different friends who one own 1 platform or the other.
That makes sense.

Also I’ll buy timed exclusives on PS4 and then buy them when released on PC if i plan a replay. For instance I beat nioh 2 on PS4 and will play it with my son when it releases later on PC.
I have done that with games that are significantly modded, like the Elder Scrolls games. So I get that too.

Absent those reasons, I don't get it. Playing The Outer Worlds again on Switch, for example, is odd to me. It's the same game, just markedly worse. And it's single player.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

+1:

June 15th, 2020, 21:24
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I tend to like replaying games that I love. I have played D:OS 2 through once, restarted and played a bit here and there since the original. Most of the time I play PC games either on my gaming PC or similar, and do so at a desk/table.

I also like playing games on a handheld - I will play some (have completed KotOR and NWN, for example) on iPad, but prefer a ‘real’ handheld gaming system. I will do that on a couch or bed typically.

Historically I have played console-type games on handhelds (GBA, DS, PSP, Vita), but with the Switch I have been enjoying (some of) the PC game ports. I would never play a PC game on the Switch *first*, just replay stuff I like - and generally can get relatively cheap.
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

June 15th, 2020, 22:32
They are just amazing, really!

warg

Traveler

June 18th, 2020, 16:58
One of my favourite games of all times. So much, that our team started to translate is into our native language a few months ago. HUGE task for half a dozen people, but we are on it. Well they keep adding to the text amount, but that is fine.

warg

Traveler

+1:

June 18th, 2020, 21:50
Quick update the GOG patch was only 400+mb. Not bad. I didn't have to re-download the whole game again as usual. I'll try to finish the game this time. We'll see I guess.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)

June 24th, 2020, 16:34
Still have to get around to finishing this….
The DLC will fit nicely
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin II - The Four Relics of Rivellon