Assassin's Creed: Unity free till April 29th

Nice of them that.

Good game as well, not the best in the series but worth a go.

Yea, I downloaded it yesterday, and played a bit. Free games like this? - I can't say no.

My impressions so far are mixed. The good - lovely and atmospheric graphics, beautifully recreating those historical long ago times. Story seems elegant and interesting. Voice acting is great too. Just a very polished game.

The bad - the controls are awful. Mouse and keyboard are a nightmare. I had to plug in and get my playstation 3 controller hooked up to my windows pc to use (a hassle) and luckily that is much more easy to use in the game, but to be honest I'm not a fan of using controllers in games.

The bad - the controls are awful. Mouse and keyboard are a nightmare. I had to plug in and get my playstation 3 controller hooked up to my windows pc to use (a hassle) and luckily that is much more easy to use in the game, but to be honest I'm not a fan of using controllers in games.
One of the reasons why I can't go back to old Assassin Creed formula.:biggrin:

Parkour was a hassle if you didn't' have a controller.

The new simplified open world semi-RPG works better.

I have no idea what are you two talking about, keyboard + mouse was good when I played it and I cannot even imagine the torture of playing Unity with mushrooms. Wouldn't surprise me thought it got bugged in the meantime after numerous patches that failed to fix everything broken in the game.

Alas, the game becomes utterly boring fast - it's the only AC game I bought and never finished. And I've bought almost all of them (not Syndicate nor those silly phonegames pretending not to be phonegames).

But as people said already, it's a freebie, so… Once you have enough of it and uninstall, don't think other AC games are as bad as that one.

Sorry but no Parkour was messed up every since the first Assassin Creed on PC. You had to mash buttons and use arrow keys to jump and all the other actions of it also.

It wasn't until Origins that it was simplified as pressing and holding a key.

I'll pick it up for free and hope that someday they fix the parkour to work like Origins and Odyssey.

Sorry but no Parkour was messed up every since the first Assassin Creed on PC. You had to mash buttons and use arrow keys to jump and all the other actions of it also.

It wasn't until Origins that it was simplified as pressing and holding a key.

It's true that in old AC games parkour was de facto QTE fest. A bit different from Dark Souls QTE though, buildings and stuff don't telegraph you when to press something to perform some parkour move.
But meesed up on keyboard/mouse? Man, I said I finished and enjoyed (most of) those games, I have no intention of degrading my experinece by buying mushrooms, and I say there was nothing messed with parkour k+m controls. :)

Origins, unlike previous AC games, is RPG. In RPG it's the MC who uses their movement skills (automatically), not the player. The player just says go there and it's on MC to perfom whatever needs to be performed.
Thus QTE got removed.

Ok, mouse and keyboard are not nearly as bad as I thought. The problem was I had no idea how to access the options regarding the controls. I thought I was stuck with what the default was and it was just a really bad console port or something. But I found the options and was able to remap the keyboard controls to my liking. The game is quite beautiful, I must say. I was also able to put on the max graphic settings and it makes a nice difference.

Back
Top Bottom