Underrail - Portraits & Music

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Styg has once again released a new update for Underrail with information about the games music, and portraits. You can also ask him any question on our forums.

Firstly, I hired an artist to do the portraits. There's lots of them to be drawn so don't expect them all to be finished in the next update. In the screenshot above you can see the portraits are lit in the same manner as the characters on the map. I find that this adds to the atmosphere, but this can be disabled in the options for those who disagree. Players can also make their own custom portraits and the game will offer them on character creation if they have been placed in the appropriate folder and are of appropriate format.

Secondly, it was time to expand the musical repertoire. With only four tracks covering the numerous and diverse locations of Underrail, the music tended to get quite repetitive. As with the portraits, don't expect us to be able to cover the entire game with new music immediately.
More information.

I've have rarely seen a developer pulling of a project like this as a 1-man-team.
Respect!

I've have rarely seen a developer pulling of a project like this as a 1-man-team.
Respect!
I agree HiddenX as I played the games Alpha, and found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. I'm waiting for the final release now as I don't want to spoil the game.

Pretty sure I'll be playing this the very day it is released......I may not even wait for the obligatory 20-30 patches. Heck, it's been enjoyable just watching the entire evolution of this project.

Portraits looks like they could be decent; they certainly add to the visuals.

The iconography would benefit from some antialiasing for their jagged edges.

Back
Top Bottom