BattleTech - New Screenshots & Novella 2#

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest Battletech update tells us that novella 2# has been delivered and shows us some new screenshots from the latest build.

Hey y'all, Mitch here!

On behalf of the whole team, thank you for the overwhelming show of support and positive energy we received after our last update. We deeply appreciate it. When you're flying full-throttle down the Death Star trench with turbo-lasers blazing past your cockpit and the exhaust port coming up fast, it's nice to know that "The Backers are with you."

No update on our Backer Beta timing yet - we're stepping back to make sure our plan is solid, our team is working at a healthy pace, and we have the right level of internal testing before releasing it into the wilds of Backerdom. As many of you have speculated, it's unlikely we'll announce a new date until we're very confident we will hit it.

In the interim, we thought we'd show some new screenshots of the game in action to help tide everyone over. These are unedited shots - though we did turn off the interface and use a debug camera in-game to get the pretty we wanted. You can click on the images to get a hi-res version for each. Hope you enjoy!
[...]
More information.

Pics really look nice and if the mechanics are tight, I will probably play this for years to come.
I would also buy every piece of DLC, expansion and unicorn paintjob they can come up with. There, I said it.
Guess we will see when the beta hits around mid April (hopefully).

Haven't really followed development of this game.

How close would it be to the old classic MechForce on Amiga? Because that's what I've been looking for ever since - in a modern version :)

Haven't really followed development of this game.

How close would it be to the old classic MechForce on Amiga? Because that's what I've been looking for ever since - in a modern version :)

I have never played MechForce, but judging from vids on YouTube BattleTech should be quite similar. Only prettier and without hexes.

You can watch the (very promising) alpha vid here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O_FGALPHhE

Are the novellas good? Does anyone know if you can buy them separately? [I don't see such an option.]

Are the novellas good? Does anyone know if you can buy them separately? [I don't see such an option.]

I'm waiting to read all 4 parts after they are released, so I can't comment on the quality yet. They are written by Stackpole, so it should be top-notch (as far as BattleTech novels go).

Atm you can only get the novellas at a certain backer level. It's the $ 60 level with beta access. You can still become a late backer here, if you want:
https://battletech.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/75904

I guess you will be able to buy the novel on Steam after the game has gone live, too.

This one is looking good. If they play their cards right, I could see this being an ongoing success. I agree they would do well to have ongoing support for various extras, new campaigns, and team play. If they put out some sort of creation kit, I think it could really take off.

The gameplay demo looked good (a few weeks ago) - very much looking forward to this one.

There's already an extensive series of Battletech novels available, so I'm curious what value there is in adding novellas. Is it particular to the scenarios in this game?

The screen shots look good, although the mechas have a bit too much glow.

That does look very nice, thank you :)

Sounds good, though I'm sad to hear multiplayer will be PvP only. Would have been wonderful with a cooperative campaign mode.

Actually HBS has said when the Kickstarter went past $2.5 million that limited co-op is a possibility down the line. This isn't definite yet, but there may be a mode that "allows you and a friend to face-off against AI opponents." added in a post-release update.

I think a bit will depend on how well the game sells. HBS is pretty good about providing support and the amount of support (beyond patching) depends on revenue. I really like companies like HBS, larian and xile because of their willing to provide support and improve games if they can.
-
Btw the alpha video i saw a year ago looked fantastic. So many games so little time.

Back
Top Bottom