Alpha Protocol - Chris Avellone wants the IP

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
I love AP, but this article is 100% cringe. Did Vogel had a hand in it? :p

If I remember right, the mini games put me off AP. I didn't play it for long in the end. Its another game I might not have given a fair chance to but the first 30 mins or so just didn't grab me at all.

I don't get it: Is Chris Avellone asking the IP for free? And, tough I don't believe so, will SEGA give it that way?

I don't get it: Is Chris Avellone asking the IP for free? And, tough I don't believe so, will SEGA give it that way?

Sending a damned tweet to instigate a business transactions is... I don't even know what it is. But no, Sega would not give away their IP because they're so star-struck by the mighty Chris Avellone.

I enjoyed AP a whole lot. It had room for improvement, and I could understand many people not enjoying it for various reasons, but it was very fun. It was similar to Deus Ex Human Revolution which was released I think within a year afterwards, and DEHR is a much better game in my view, but AP was still very fun.

I absolutely loved Alpha Protocol. I have wanted another game like that one for a long time.

I don't know if Avellone alone would make it good, but I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to do the sequel justice.

Social networks used to bully people into yielding their property. Why not?

PCInvasion article that says its time for an Alpha Protocol 2.
If there is tome for something, it's time games get rid of checkpoints system already.

Till that happens, Alpha Protocol can die the most vicious death for all I care.

I enjoyed AP a whole lot. It had room for improvement, and I could understand many people not enjoying it for various reasons, but it was very fun. It was similar to Deus Ex Human Revolution which was released I think within a year afterwards, and DEHR is a much better game in my view, but AP was still very fun.

Wow, I played AP what feels like ages ago, while DX:HR feels kind of recent. I thought you were delusional, but looking up the release dates it seems I'm the one who is. I thought AP was at least 10 years old.

Loved AP myself and wish there was an AP 2. I suspect that the tweet is to generate or gauge interest not an expectation that sega would give it away for free.

Loved AP myself and wish there was an AP 2. I suspect that the tweet is to generate or gauge interest not an expectation that sega would give it away for free.

Agree with your assessment.

Also found that back in May, SEGA announced intent to revive some old IPs, and at that point, Obsidian made several tweets expressing interest in AP. Possibly SEGA responded negatively to Obsidian based on investment required. Perhaps MCA hopes to propose an alternative and less expensive approach.

__

I enjoyed Alpha Protocol a lot and I would love to see a sequel.

But why do they want an "official sequel"? If they want to make another spy game, can't they just make a spiritual successor?

I enjoyed Alpha Protocol a lot and I would love to see a sequel.

But why do they want an "official sequel"? If they want to make another spy game, can't they just make a spiritual successor?

Indeed. The setting is pretty straight forward and the brand itself only has one game attached to it. A spiritual successor could be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom