Completed Two Worlds, my thoughts on it..

Damn, if this was Oblivion we could have modded it away in no time
(modability = Bethesda's saving Grace :) )

True... how come no one has modded Oblivion into Gothic 4 yet?? :please:

True... how come no one has modded Oblivion into Gothic 4 yet?? :please:

:D Now thats an idea I like... Perhaps we could kidnap Oscuro and keep him
working on it, locked somewhere... :thinking:

Europe = continent of the experienced computer game beta-testers

Yes, sad, isn't it ? The patches for TOEE went only into the U.S. , nothing for Europe ... for example.

It's not easy to remain non-cynical. ;)

I just bought my copy of Two Worlds, installed it, and played it.
:-/ I'm rather disappointed. :-/
Firstly, the story wasn't so inspired.
Secondly, the voice acting was poor.
Thirdly, there is no blocking in the combat. How are you supposed to fight without blocking, its just not right.
Fourthly, to run smoothly I had to turn all graphics down and it look pre-gothic 1 graphics now. (NOTE: my rig is old though)

Just thought I'd bump this thread since there's a lot of reviews out and more are getting the game. We had quite a few interesting discussions in this thread regarding Two Worlds, so it's a nice read for people who just got it, or wonder if they should get it.

I'm running a new rig with a cheap graphics card and the performance was so bad I couldn't play the demo. I would like this game probably, but I'm enjoying other games right now, and by the time I get a new graphics card to handle it, The Witcher will be released.... I'm thinking at this point I may never actually buy Two Worlds...

It runs fine on max settings in 1024x768 on my P4 with 2Gig RAM and a Geforce 6800GS, which at most can be considered a low-medium end machine today. Slightly slower than Oblivion and faster than Gothic 3 (which at most allows medium settings) and uglier than both... With the water as as a notable exception.

I had fun with it as a Diablo-Oblivion crossbreed (and enjoyed it more than both), but the story is uninspired and they didnt seem to spend much time balancing the thing. The skill and spell system seems interesting at first, but after a while you realise many of the options only have a use in multiplayer, and some are pretty poorly implemented (pickpocket is for instance extremely hard to pull off, horse movement has been touched and needs an overhaul, and what is the logic behind not being allowed to use 2H weapons such as SPEARS from horseback???).

Got a new graphics card a few weeks ago, so I revisited the demo... Just couldn't get into it. I agree, graphics were now running smooth as silk, but it just didn't look all that great. I couldn't get into any aspect of the game really. Oh well.

I found that the game looked very cartoony and borderline ugly even on max settings, until i turned on DOF (which for some reason was off by default). That made a huge difference. But it doesnt make the gameplay more groundbreaking...

On a related note, why did you skimp on the graphics card?:) It's easy to introduce system bottlenecks by not keeping the components on par with each other, unless the computer is intended for some special application that only use certain part of the hardware.

Well, time flies and it wasn't until my anti-virus came up for renewal the other day that I realized my "new" system isn't so new after all. I've had it exactly a year... I bought it just before the release of Vista and DX 10. My other computer pretty much died, so I didn't have much choice on the timing. I bought a cheap card to limp along with until fast DX 10 cards were developed.

Now I have a Geforce 8800, so it's all good!

Hey, since everyone had mentioned this was an forced online activation game even for the single player, is it a one time deal or are you forced to reactivate each time you have to patch, which would be pretty bad, imo?

Thanks. :)

I'm thinking about starting Two Worlds soon, but I'm wondering if I should just wait for the next patch at this point. For what I can gather, patch 1.6 is supposed to be realeased very soon.

Interesting, I looked and that 1.5 patch is more than 1gig. O_O

JDR13
My copy(US version) was 1.5 right out of the box.
Nothing yet, I have been waiting and asking about the stability, but it sounds like US is already got the 1gig patch.

Sounds like it could be like oblivion with many hours of playtime and I wouldn't have time to finish it before The Witcher, now so maybe that 1.6 will be out.
How about you decided whether your gonna start now or wait for 1.6? :)

Nothing yet, I have been waiting and asking about the stability, but it sounds like US is already got the 1gig patch.

Yes it does - and honestly aside from a few broken quests I had no issues with the game technically. No crashes at all.

Unless you play fairly hardcore, I doubt you'll be able to finish it before The Witcher comes out, so I'd just wait for The Witcher if I had to choose between starting Two Worlds now, or The Witcher in a week or so.

txa1265
Yes it does - and honestly aside from a few broken quests I had no issues with the game technically. No crashes at all.
Good news. :)
I had tried the demo when it got released and had huge problems with performance, so uninstalled before ever leaving the start.

Maylander
Unless you play fairly hardcore, I doubt you'll be able to finish it before The Witcher comes out,
Good to know, since I am hardcore but oppisite of the hardcore you mean, I like to do every quest and see amap. :)

Thanks, both. :)

Back
Top Bottom