Final Fantasy III - Possible PC Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Siliconera has information that Square Enix might release Final Fantasy III on the PC. So what do you guys think about this?

Before the Nintendo DS remake, Final Fantasy III was the least accessible game in the series since it was only available for Famicom in Japan. Now Luneth, the silvered haired Final Fantasy III protagonist is everywhere. Square Enix brought Final Fantasy III to DS, iOS (pictured), Android, PSP, and Ouya. Next, Final Fantasy III is coming to PC. A rating by Germany’s USK board leaked the news
More information.

The classic FF games are usually the better ones so I'm up for it :)

The classic FF games are usually the better ones so I'm up for it :)
Me to I used tow own the original cartridge versions but I sold my collection for cash. Though I still have the PlayStation remastered version from the late 1990's.

I sometimes use an emulator to replay them.:)

Me to I used tow own the original cartridge versions but I sold my collection for cash. Though I still have the PlayStation remastered version from the late 1990's.

There is no Playstation version of FF III. They remastered FF I&II for the PS1 and then ported IV, V, and VI to it.

Of the first 10 FF games, FF III is the only one I never played.

There is no Playstation version of FF III. They remastered FF I&II for the PS1 and then ported IV, V, and VI to it.
Ah yes I forgot about the weird naming scheme.:blush:

Thanks for the reminder this would be the NDS versions then. It says that in the news-bit. I remember playing both III & IV a few years back when I owned one.

Unfortunately I mostly game on the PC now so they are gone from my collection also.:'(

Last edited:
Nice, I've not played a FF in years, used to love em though.

Daniel.

Oh man. This would be so awesome. Let's hope for MAC too! :)

These types of games need to be redone. They're still awesome but their graphics are just painful to look at. Case in hand, I'm playing Chrono Cross in my PS3 (PS1 classic), and loving the gameplay and story, but boy are those blocky characters hard to see in a 60" screen!

I'm playing Chrono Cross in my PS3 (PS1 classic), and loving the gameplay and story, but boy are those blocky characters hard to see in a 60" screen!

Yeah, most PS1 games look terrible when played with a PS3 on a newer TV. That's why I just use an emulator to run them on my PC.

I could never get into Chrono Cross though despite being a big fan of Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Cross isn't the sequel I was hoping for but it's still a fantastic RPG. Very nice soundtrack and I like how there are a large amount of characters to recruit.

Chrono Cross isn't the sequel I was hoping for but it's still a fantastic RPG. Very nice soundtrack and I like how there are a large amount of characters to recruit.

The soundtrack was the only thing that stood out to me. I don't like the combat system, and most of the characters are too bizarre for my taste.

I'm not sure how many of the same devs worked on both titles, but CC feels like it was made by a completely different team of people.

I'm not sure how many of the same devs worked on both titles, but CC feels like it was made by a completely different team of people.

Absolutely. The connection with Chrono Trigger was not very strong at all. That was my biggest disappointment with the game.

Absolutely. The connection with Chrono Trigger was not very strong at all. That was my biggest disappointment with the game.

Well that doesn't affect me in the least, as I don't remember much from Chrono Trigger (except that there was a character that was a toad and that I had to go to different time periods).

Well that doesn't affect me in the least, as I don't remember much from Chrono Trigger (except that there was a character that was a toad and that I had to go to different time periods).

Chrono Cross is still a very good game, so I shouldn't say I was disappointed really, but I was hoping that it had more to do with Chrono Trigger than it ultimately did (I'm a big CT fan. Still waiting for a true sequel to that game.)

Back
Top Bottom