|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Default What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

May 7th, 2018, 20:33
He could well go alone, but - as I said - I'm curious. And we actually enjoy watching movies together .
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.©
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 7th, 2018, 22:17
I'm confused - you enjoy watching these movies but you don't want to see these movies…. - no what you said is that you weren't interested in these movies but you enjoy watching them - so you enjoy watching things that don't interest you - but that is confusing.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

May 7th, 2018, 22:24
It's about enjoying the company.

Something like thousands of players who hate certain games yet are enjoying playing them with friends or relatives. And then shill for those coop games they actually hate on forums.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
+1:

May 8th, 2018, 00:37
Tried watching Black Panther to see what all the fuss was about. Bored me senseless. Usual clunky script and unfocussed plot.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 01:32
I thought the sister added some spirit.

Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Tried watching Black Panther to see what all the fuss was about. Bored me senseless. Usual clunky script and unfocussed plot.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 8th, 2018, 01:37
Well, have to bear in mind that I don't think much of the Marvel movies in general, but I thought this was particularly poor. Just a pretty bad film, IMO.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

May 8th, 2018, 02:44
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Well, have to bear in mind that I don't think much of the Marvel movies in general, but I thought this was particularly poor. Just a pretty bad film, IMO.
I thought it looked pretty bad from the very first previews. I haven't seen it and don't plan to. I still don't understand how it did as well as it did at the box office, but we all know sales don't equal quality when it comes to movies.

On a side note, Solo has already doubled what Black Pather did in pre-sale tickets.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 8th, 2018, 02:53
Lets face it anything Marvel puts out will draw an "automatic" fan base as far as ticket sales. It is the safest bet any studio could make at this point. Glad 2049 go made and finally turned a small profit because that is the kind of risk studios look at before green lighting. I do wonder if we will see any more big budget risks or if we will have to look to the likes of Netflix for "true" creative content creation soon.
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 08:45
I thought Black Panther was pretty good, actually. It was in many ways refreshingly different from other Marvel films and super heroes. Good soundtrack, too. I also found Black Panther to be the most interesting super hero in Captain America: Civil War, short as his appearance was.
--
"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
Administrator
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 12:33
Have to agree. Went into it without many expectations, got some genuine fun and you know already I'm not easily entertained.
If there was some fuss somewhere, I didn't notice it.

It won't answer purpose of life question, but if you're looking for some fun, I have to recommend it.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
On a side note, Solo has already doubled what Black Pather did in pre-sale tickets.
When I grow up I want Solo's marketing company.

Oh and Destiny's too.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 8th, 2018, 14:16
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
When I grow up I want Solo's marketing company.
You mean if it's still around by then?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

May 9th, 2018, 20:34
Originally Posted by you View Post
I'm confused - you enjoy watching these movies but you don't want to see these movies…. - no what you said is that you weren't interested in these movies but you enjoy watching them - so you enjoy watching things that don't interest you - but that is confusing.
What @joxer said, actually. I enjoy watching movies with my son. The movies don't matter - watching them together does.
So while I personally don't care all that much for the Solo movie (because I never was a huge fan of Han, Chewie or smugglers and crime lords in general), I'm looking forward to munching popcorn, giggling and debating scenes with sonny.
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.©
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

May 11th, 2018, 11:02
A Quiet Place
Actually this was a pleasant surprise. Not the be-all-end-all horror flick everyone is talking about (that goes to Hellraiser for me), but a good watch nevertheless.

duerer

Sentinel

May 11th, 2018, 12:36
And Emily Blunt was golden.

Originally Posted by duerer View Post
A Quiet Place
Actually this was a pleasant surprise. Not the be-all-end-all horror flick everyone is talking about (that goes to Hellraiser for me), but a good watch nevertheless.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 11th, 2018, 14:02
A Quiet Place
Is there a new Hellraiser, or are you talking about the original?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 11th, 2018, 14:02
I didn't watch that supposedly scifi/horror. And won't.

What I've heard about it from people who did watch it was "preaching" about trashmobs indestructibility yet those were easily disposed off with a mere shotgun. I can't remember all of the sillyness discussed, but I do remember mentioned corn field in pitch perfect shape even after a year or so although humanity is supposedly almost extinct and the most silent baby ever.

If it was trash movie, I'd most probably go for it for laughs on deliberate inconsistencies. Apparently, it's trying to be serious, so… Sorry.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 11th, 2018, 14:43
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Is there a new Hellraiser, or are you talking about the original?
Oh, I'm referring to the original.
Allegedly, there is a reboot in the making after so many disappointing sequels - but I doubt if it ever could reach the brilliance of the first one.
(Yeah, I'm in the minority who thinks the original It with Tim Curry was better than the streamlined remake)

duerer

Sentinel

May 11th, 2018, 14:45
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I didn't watch that supposedly scifi/horror. And won't.
What I've heard about it from people who …
Then don't.
I mean don't rant about it

duerer

Sentinel

May 11th, 2018, 14:55
Oh, I'm referring to the original.
Allegedly, there is a reboot in the making after so many disappointing sequels - but I doubt if it ever could reach the brilliance of the first one.
(Yeah, I'm in the minority who thinks the original It with Tim Curry was better than the streamlined remake)
It's been years since I've watched any of the Hellraiser movies, but I recall liking the original and the second film as well.

As far as the new IT, I'm not sure if I'd call it steamlined. You realize that was only the first part, right? The second half is reportedly due out next year.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 11th, 2018, 15:25
Then don't.
I mean don't rant about it
I have to rant. That movie was advertised like crazy over here as if it's second coming. At the same time actual gems pass by unnoticed just because they didn't invest 90% of the budget into marketing.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread