What games are you playing now?

Freelancer. I've only messed around with it for a few hours, but so far I'm having a hard time seeing why so many people consider it a classic. I guess it's just one of those games that needed to be played back then to fully appreciate it.
I'm not sure anyone would call it a classic. A big part of the joy was that there was a big gap between the Wing Commander series and this one. There was a lot of pent-up demand and the market at the time was Freelancer and, well, Freelancer. Another big attraction to the game was multiplayer. That was fairly unique for space-sims and largely remains so to this day.

Well, I would be playing Everquest Two right about now, but apparently a couple of lizards in trailer parks are annoyed at Daybreak games again. Off to steam I go!

So … thanks to a few different threads my 'game meandering' has actually gotten worse. Over the last couple days I have played at least 15 minutes of:
- Gothic 2
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- The Witcher 3
- Unreal
- Quake
- Quake II
- Eschalon Book III
- Torchlight II
- Legend of Grimrock II
- Jedi Knight
- Knights of the Old Republic

… I think that is all. Ugh … I need to just stick to something! haha … at least the shooters go by quickly (like MoH:AA last week)

Lulz, I'm sort of the same at the moment. After a surge of SWtOR for a month I'm bouncing around between

2 Finger Death Punch
Trine Enhanced Ed (which I finished)
Battlemage:Lichdom, just started it up to check it out
Shadow Warrior, have done first 3 levels
Oblivion (nicely modded of course)
Dead Space 1 (god over the shoulder camera - bleh)
A bit of Warhammer 40k Space Marine to check it out
And even a game of Bloodbowl which I haven't fired up for long time.

Am yet to settle on one, although I had a nice session on Oblivion last night.

-kaos

Man ADHD is really an epidemic around here. Is it the summer time blues or bored and jaded elderly gamers who have seen it all… ;)

I'm still closing side quests and bounties and treasure hunts before wrapping the final quest in Witcher 3.

I have to say though that the writing, and side quests are best in White Orchard and Velen. Skellig is rather generic norse stuff in comparison, though it's visually pretty and not nearly as depressing.

Last edited:
Actually I really want to play Divine Divinity … but for some bizarre reason it performs like crap on my Alienware laptop that easily handles Witcher 3 … tried uninstalling and re-installing, checking drivers, etc … I can only assume it has to do with whether or not it initializes the proper graphics subsystem …

But recently I have been going through a lot of early 2000s games - VtM: Bloodlines, Half-Life 2, FEAR, etc. Also some isometrics like BG2 just before, and a bunch of time in the games of the last couple of years. So I think it is just whatever grabs me :)

Not sure if your still trying to play Divinity but I was bored and had never played it. started it up and it indeed ran like crap on my PC. Tried all the in game setting and it even ran like crap on the lowest settings. open the config tool; and switched to software rendering and it runs flawlessly now.

Unfortunately a few minutes with the combat and I knew the game wasn't for me. Maybe this will help you though.

It's surprising that even though I've filtered a lot my games, I still have a bunch to play.
My filter:
- No action games: That takes care of all FPS and Third person action games like Assassins Creed and all the Batmans.
- No sports.
- No adventure games: This used to be my favorite genre from the 80s to the mid 90s, but now I just don't care about them for some reason.
- No competitive games: This takes care of all the DOTAs and card games like Hearthstone.

You'd think that would restrict my list so much, and yet just in the last couple of weeks I've played for at least 4 hours:
- Europa Universalis 4.
- Legends of Eisenwald.
- Might & Magic Heroes 6.
- Child of Light.
- Victoria 2.
- The Witcher 1 (third attempt to trying to like it, but already been like 5 days since the last time I played it).

As I mentioned elsewhere, I've started Quake 2 again thanks to various people. So far it's holding up remarkably well, and better than any pure FPS I've played in years. Of course, they were interested in making a fun game instead of a cinematic experience. :p

I'm still blasting my way through Borderlands 2, but it's getting to the part of the game where I always lose interest. For a game of stupid fun, it tries to rely too much on drama, and Handsome Jack is just too much of a 14 year old's idea of a cool villain. If the levels didn't turn into so much endless slogging at that point of the game it wouldn't really matter. Maybe my ability to do thousands of points of damage to huge groups of enemies while my character shouts out Unreal Tournament quotes will help me plough through it.

I'm getting a bit of an RPG kick out of Divinity 2 in between bouts of shooting stuff. I enjoy it in general, but I always have problems with RPGs that embrace meaningless numbers (how does my strength of 1 compare to my dexterity of 30?) or where loot determines more of your character's strength than their ability. Moving from an iron sword that does 10 damage to a steel one that does 12 damage is one thing, but moving to a new area and finding that my cracked rusty bow of powerful might suddenly doesn't make a scratch on anything really annoys me.

In short, it just feels too gamey to be immersive, which is what I want from an RPG.

When you get the chance take the crazed necromancer as a follower... One of my fav npc's from any game :D

-kaos

I've been playing Everquest Project 99 for the first time since it started up 5 years ago. It's an emulator server hosting EQ1 with all the mechanics of the time period. They are currently at the tail-end of Kunark and about to release Velious (their final expansion for the server).

Although there is some serious top-end congestion due to the server being on the Kunark era for 4 years, I still haven't enjoyed grouping this much since… well, the last time I played EQ1 10 years ago. It's great fun to actually sit down and talk with people while in a group, rather than racing on ahead to the next quest hub, soloing the entire way…

I've been playing Everquest Project 99 for the first time since it started up 5 years ago. It's an emulator server hosting EQ1 with all the mechanics of the time period. They are currently at the tail-end of Kunark and about to release Velious (their final expansion for the server).

Although there is some serious top-end congestion due to the server being on the Kunark era for 4 years, I still haven't enjoyed grouping this much since… well, the last time I played EQ1 10 years ago. It's great fun to actually sit down and talk with people while in a group, rather than racing on ahead to the next quest hub, soloing the entire way…

I was running around in p1999 last night myself! The "Favorite game level" thread got me all nostalgic. I have like 6 toons, all of which are lvl 12 and under. Its a great flashback. The main guys I play now (because I solo like 75% of the time) are a Gnome Magician and a Barb Shaman, but I just started up another of my favorite characters, a Dwarf Cleric. I also have a Halfling Warrior (just for fun lol) and a Troll Shaman, but those are only at like lvl 5. I certainly dont play very often anymore, but if you see Knuk, Knukuk, or Faunuk (I forgot the others names) give me a shout. I think I might even spend some more time in game over the weekend

Probably not going to continue playing DX:IW.

The writing is truly, truly terrible. It's making it really hard to enjoy.

Guess I gotta find something else until TW3 1.07 is out.

Probably not going to continue playing DX:IW.

The writing is truly, truly terrible. It's making it really hard to enjoy.

Guess I gotta find something else until TW3 1.07 is out.

Clive Barker's Undying. Go go go!

Startopia? Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich? Sam and Max Hit the Road? Coffin Dodgers?

Startopia? Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich? Sam and Max Hit the Road? Coffin Dodgers?

I'm trying my hand at Fable and Dying Light. I also really like Red Solstice, but it's more of a multiplayer experience, I'd say.

Clive Barker's Undying. Go go go!
Vhoa, one of my absolute favorites! Dishonored features some 'Undying Remembrance Dungeons', so to say. Right, Dishonored combines features of several of my favorite games.

Vhoa, one of my absolute favorites! Dishonored features some 'Undying Remembrance Dungeons', so to say. Right, Dishonored combines features of several of my favorite games.

Oh reaaaaally? I might have to bump that one up the list.

Back
Top Bottom