Bloom: Memories - Expanded Scope Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
After four months since the last update developer Studio Fawn released a post-funding update for Bloom: Memories with more information on the games birds eye view.

Expanded Scope - Birds Eye View

Hey everyone, time for another update!

As always, I've been working on more maps for the game....but we are finally able to see the end! Here are a few examples of some newest areas to give you an idea of where they are headed.

Keep in mind that these are still a work in progress. I recently discovered a new technique for applying some atmosphere to the environments, so I'll be going through all of the world maps and seeing if I can't push them a bit further (but we need to rework a bit of the engine to handle the color / contrast being applied down onto characters if I do that).

Projections / The Future

A downside with all of this is that it doesn't seem like we are going to hit our release target (pretty sure you saw this coming though). We "could" rush it and get something out....but this project means way too much to us for us to butcher it like that. So, at the moment, we are thinking it will be an extra 6 months. (Nothing too horrible, and if we go over that we will figure out a way to make it right for all of you who have supported us)

Anyhow, the world is about complete.... we have an army of characters (though not the full army yet)...our story is locked in. We just need time to make sure everything is working correctly to a standard we are proud of.

To be honest, the delay is largely my fault for expanding the scope of the game and trying to do as much as I could with Bloom with the chance you all gave me. Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to do with the game and can hold on a bit longer than expected while we make it happen :)

More information.

As they say, first make it run, then make it fast, and finally make it run fast. :)

Looking good.

As they say, first make it run, then make it fast, and finally make it run fast. :)

Looking good.
I have yet to see any kickstarter game be released on the scheduled date. They all get delayed by six months to a year, and seem to get an enhanced version a year later.

I just noticed today that Bloom has been added to the expected releases tab for December. What is the source for this? I haven't been able to find anything about an expected release date, although the Studio Fawn website seems to be currently down.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot who can't read, apparently.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot who can't read, apparently.

Haha, not so, Neph. This is a foggy one. I want to say that the girl in charge of the project sort of shot for December 2015, but even when the Kickstarter started, I'm not sure she had much of a clear idea on when it would be done. ^.^

Back
Top Bottom