VtM: Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch 9.3 Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Wesp has released the next update of his unofficial patch for Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Some of the new changes/fixes are listed below.

+Recreated Malkavian Maze and Warrens Shortcut, thanks EntenSchreck.
+All four new levels optimized, thanks to atrblizzard and Psycho-A.
+Improved library quest emails and restored big moon to Ocean House.
+Made tutorial guard and Luckee Star easter egg vanish after scene.
+Fixed blood pack appearing in SM haven and Skelter blocking stairs.
+Improved library and atrium maps and removed Giovanni well spirit.
+Made it possible to do the cemetery quest after getting Romero fun.
+Included eye replacer mod, but made it deselectable, thanks Nivea.
+Added installer option to deselect casting and changed disciplines.
+Corrected beachhouse dog vanishing and dealing damage after death.
+Made auto-move and walk/run toggles be definable, thanks to Malkav.
+Fixed Johansen always following you and Romero's whore trying too.
+Made it possible to freely select one of Beckett's new disciplines.
+Corrected cabbie sewer animation and Venture Tower elevator issue.
More information.

Ha, I must have downloaded at least 3 previous versions of this patch (I remember coz it's always a very slow download)… One day I'll get around to playing the game!

:D

One of the most atmospheric games ever made! Every time I see the new unofficial patch notes I feel that itch again. If only my backlog wasn't so big...

Everybody who hasn't played the game yet, HAS to do so at the next opportunity!

A masterpiece, even with the flaws. Been feeling the itch recently, think this new patch is right on cue

The Malkavian Maze? Does anybody know more about this?

My last playthrough was with a Malkavian. But this might warrent another run. Ffs.

I simply *must* replay this some time this year.

VtM:Bloodlines was quite possibly the biggest positive surprise I've ever had when playing a new game, since I didn't know a thing about the series, I bought it second-hand for a pittance and I was sick and tired of vampires from too many movies .

If only the ex-troika staff could get together and do a kickstarter for VtM3...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - VtM: Bloodlines is my favorite game ever, and the best RPG I've ever played.

The atmosphere, the world, the RPG mechanics - everything about it was just dripping with uniqueness, charm and quality. It honestly blew me away so much when I played it for the first time ever last year that it instantly became my favorite game.

A masterpiece if there ever was one. Ex-Troika staff Kickstarting a new VtM game would be AMAZING!

A quick question: being an RPG old fart, I still haven't played VtM:B yet (I know, I know, living under rock, etc, whatever).
The thing is that I was sh*t scared of the bugs reported now and then, and I am pretty much want to enjoy the game, sans bugs of course.

So, my question is: having this recent patch, does this game actually playable without any significant knowledge of Source scripting/modding and esoteric console commands?

If yes, then I will dust off my age old copy (mint condition, hell yeah!!!) and start sucking some blood at last.

So, my question is: having this recent patch, does this game actually playable without any significant knowledge of Source scripting/modding and esoteric console commands?

It's been perfectly playable and almost completely bug-free for years now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - VtM: Bloodlines is my favorite game ever, and the best RPG I've ever played.

The atmosphere, the world, the RPG mechanics - everything about it was just dripping with uniqueness, charm and quality. It honestly blew me away so much when I played it for the first time ever last year that it instantly became my favorite game.

A masterpiece if there ever was one. Ex-Troika staff Kickstarting a new VtM game would be AMAZING!
I also consider it my top 5 RPG ever.

I would also love Bloodlines 2 but Troika devs said the game was super complex and they don't see it being done KS budget.

It was more playable on release day than many AAA games are today.
It uses the half-life 2 engine and I believe it was troika's first 3D game, hence the technical issues, but it is simply amazing.
One of the best RPGs and easily the best vampire game.
I was constantly taken aback by the atmosphere, story, characters and cinematic qualities, my entire game collection was put on stand-by until I finished it

It was more playable on release day than many AAA games are today.
It uses the half-life 2 engine and I believe it was troika's first 3D game, hence the technical issues, but it is simply amazing.
One of the best RPGs and easily the best vampire game.
I was constantly taken aback by the atmosphere, story, characters and cinematic qualities, my entire game collection was put on stand-by until I finished it
I played it multiple times with only official patches (and I finished it first time before game breaking bugs were fixed and you needed to use console to be able to continue :D) and loved every minute of it. My first play was with Tremere and second with Gangrel and I was amazed how different it felt playing it. Only later I found about Malkavian and got my brain exploded. And again when playing with Nosferatu and moving everywhere through sewers and going all Thief in most missions.

I also finished it later with Bruhaj going Anarchist route.

And I consider Jack of the coolest characters in computer games.

It's been perfectly playable and almost completely bug-free for years now.

Thanks for the info!
I was a bit of a liar: I tried the game ONCE on a friend's machine (because mine was seriously outdated, so my copy of the game still in shrink-wrap, heh-heh).

So, I goofed around for a while and I had this weird problem that NPCs get stuck in tight corridors, door frames, etc, and they wouldn't let me by - rendering the game nigh impossible to play without a serious killing spree. Since I wanted to play a more-or-less diplomat, killing everyone on sight was not an option…

Anyway, I think it is time to download the patch and install the game. (ahh, I love the smell of freshly opened game box in the morning!)
Does it run okay on Win7? (I have heard reports of messed up fonts on anything non-XP).
Or, do I need to invoke the forbidden arts of Dual Booting Operating Systems?

Steam version is called 'Low Violence version'. Anyone know what that entails? It's not exactly a steal at 20 bucks. Makes me wish it was on GoG.

Steam version is called 'Low Violence version'. Anyone know what that entails? It's not exactly a steal at 20 bucks. Makes me wish it was on GoG.
It is indeed a shame it isn't on GoG.

For a brief period, the game was sold on dotemu.com and luckily I found out about it. So I am a proud owner of a DRM-free version of VtM:B. :)

I played it multiple times with only official patches (and I finished it first time before game breaking bugs were fixed and you needed to use console to be able to continue :D) and loved every minute of it. My first play was with Tremere and second with Gangrel and I was amazed how different it felt playing it. Only later I found about Malkavian and got my brain exploded. And again when playing with Nosferatu and moving everywhere through sewers and going all Thief in most missions.

I also finished it later with Bruhaj going Anarchist route.

I found it very playable with only official patches albeit poor performance and regular crashing. It's a credit to the game that these things didn't ruin the enjoyment at all.
I finished it as a Toreador as these were closest to classic vampire fiction. My second play through was as a Nosferatu which indeed offered a completely different vibe.
I'm itching to play now, but currently juggling between GTA V, DX:HR and Broken Age Part 2. I'll try Malkavian next, I hear that's a very trippy experience

Last edited:
Love, love, love. For anyone who still haven't picked it up yet and want it at a reasonable price it is usually on sale on steam during Halloween or other scary/dark related sales at 75%. If you don't wanna wait its totally worth the full price tag.

Back
Top Bottom