Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Update 1.3.0 Adds Modifiable Level Scaling - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Update 1.3.0 Adds Modifiable Level Scaling

Default Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Update 1.3.0 Adds Modifiable Level Scaling

July 26th, 2021, 22:53
DSOGaming reports on upcoming update 1.3.0 for Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Ubisoft has announced that Title Update 1.3.0 for Assassin's Creed Valhalla will release tomorrow, July 27th, and revealed its full patch notes.

This upcoming patch will be 20GB for the owners of the base game. For those owning the Season Pass, however, it will weigh around 31GB.

Title Update 1.3.0 will add support for The Siege of Paris. It will also add the Sigrblot Festival; a new time-limited event from July 29-August 19. Moreover, it will add a Level Scaling option. By using this setting, gamers will be able to adjust NPC levels to their liking.

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

July 27th, 2021, 15:03
These time limited events are bug-o-ramas, I wish they didn't exist.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)

July 28th, 2021, 09:43
Don't really care about the events, but the Paris DLC will bring a few hours of mindless runny-jumpy-killy fun.

Irian

Atheistic Pirate

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

July 28th, 2021, 13:25
I'm on the fence about getting this game. I really like the time period. If I enjoyed Odyssey will I enjoy Valhalla? I didn't love Odyssey but it was good enough.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

July 28th, 2021, 15:01
Game becomes way too easy too soon (given how huge it is) - so this scaling is welcome.

I'm on the fence about getting this game. I really like the time period. If I enjoyed Odyssey will I enjoy Valhalla? I didn't love Odyssey but it was good enough.
Kinda depends on what you liked about Odyssey. I'm not a huge fan of AC games, but I've liked everything since Origins. I considered Odyssey a significant improvement - and I think Valhalla is even more significant as an improvement over Odyssey for the most part.

To me, it's a very, very good game - and one of the best of 2020.

But it's still a Ubisoft game - and it's not changing the entirety of their approach in any way, shape - or form.

DArtagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)
+1:

July 28th, 2021, 15:05
Its the same Hastar. Its fun, but you start to feel you just want to finish the game. There is only so much running\jumping\killing you can do before it starts to feel stale. I think Odyssey had a better story, but overall I think the AC story is pretty cool. I keep it installed on my machine because it is fun to fire up go fight some things once in a while.

ds77

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

July 28th, 2021, 20:39
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
In my view Odyssey and Valhalla are very similar, albeit in very different historical settings, and both are great and super-long (which is something I like in any very good game).

For any game I don't really enjoy add-on content after I've completed a game, so I won't be playing this new content. It's tempting because I enjoyed Valhalla so much, but my experience even with the best after-game DLC is that I just don't enjoy it.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Update 1.3.0 Adds Modifiable Level Scaling