Fallout 4 Will Fallout 4 get its own New Vegas.

Sneaky_seal

Sentinel
Fallout 3 was somewhat disappointing as a game, IMO mostly due to a lazy world creationg and weak story. Then New Vegas came and delivered great value in both of the areas becoming one of my favourite games.

Fallout 4 was even bigger disappointment with constant battles, poor dialogue systems, numerous questionable game design decisions. Do you think it will get it's own New Vegas, turning things around?

Fallout 4 was even bigger disappointment with constant battles, poor dialogue systems, numerous questionable game design decisions.
Musthaves before you start FO4:
- norespawn mod
- no radiant minutemen idiocy mod
- classic dialogue mod

FO4 probably won't get it's own New Vegas. All of $ ment for funding games went into the bottomless pit called ESO.

Classic dialogue mod - is the first thing I looked for when I've played it.... but for some reason.. never got to finish it... most boring fallout...

Hmm, I'm a Bethesda fan, but I thought Fallout 4 was a step backwards. So we had several steps forward up to Skyrim, but now two steps back with ESO and F4. The lack of sales of F4 has prompted Bethesda to release Skyrim for the newer console audience in hopes of recouping millions of dollars in losses. Will it work? I have a hunch it won't. I believe Bnet is the 3rd step back in a row for Bethesda and I'm curious to how many more missteps it will take till they figure it out.

Bethesda has lost a ton of credibility in the last couple years and it has to start showing up on their bottom line. Could Todd Howard be on the way out? Will Pete Hines follow? Interesting times….

You sure about FO4 sales? IMO the game is great and deserves to sell like a cure. The game. Not the additional crapware released later. ;)
I mean, did they reveal any numbers?

I'm taking the fact that they didn't reveal numbers, to be revealing :) They bragged and bragged about Skyrim, but mum on F4. F4 is great as a sandbox, but the silly main quest with the son is a new low. C'mon Bethesda. Write a damn story.

I didn't see it as disappointing...they've cut the dialogue, but when it was good in their games? Tried to do more "personal" story ( highlighting flaws in writing department at the same time), but hell, it's still better than "Evil dragon has returned", mother of fantasy cliches.
Imo simply mediocre like all of their games.
More a matter open world games being dime a dozen these days and Betsy is lagging behind, not only with the engine.
It's unlikely Betsy will change direction with their games and instead push it further into VR/Sims territory, though.

I'm a story guy so I was very disappointed with that part of the game. As soon as i "won" I uninstalled the game.

Now I liked quite a bit of other stuff about it. I liked the graphics, the combat and the exploration but it has to have a great story to keep me interested.

I hope they are secretly working on a Fallout MMO. :p

Back
Top Bottom