C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Yes I shared the videos on another thread but I decided to open another thread so these videos & Info don't get lost on the front-page as usual a few months later.

Trailer & E3 Interviews

Cyberpunk Info from GameSpot Stream:

• Game is FPP RPG with TPP cutscenes
  • FP perspective made to feel more personal
  • RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
  • Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
  • V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
  • Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
  • You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
  • Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
  • Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
  • Netrunner, Techie and Solo are main focused classes
  • You can combine classes
  • Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly
  • Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
  • Story is personalized by player choice.
  • Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
  • Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
  • Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
  • V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
  • V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.
  • Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
  • Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
  • Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
  • 6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
  • Exploration is encouraged.
  • Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
  • You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
  • No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
  • Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)
  • Also there’s full frontal nudity and you can take people back to your apartment for a one night stand, if you fancy it
Previews

Gameinformer - https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/06/12/impressions-and-details-from-50-minutes-of-gameplay

IGN - http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06...-2077-details-game-is-a-first-person-rpg-more

CNet - https://www.cnet.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-e3-2018-trailer-everything-we-know/

NeoWin - https://www.neowin.net/news/massive...ils-emerge-from-e3-game-is-a-first-person-rpg

PCGamesN - https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-announcement-future

PCGamer - https://www.pcgamer.com/everything-we-know-about-cyberpunk-2077/

Pushsquare - http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...wing_minds_at_e3_as_press_get_to_see_gameplay

USGamer - https://www.usgamer.net/articles/12-06-2018-cyberpunk-2077-release-date-gameplay-trailer

DailyMail - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...berpunk-2077-need-know-E3-trailer-reveal.html

Last edited:
Screenshots from E3

Cyberpunk (1).jpg Cyberpunk (2).jpg
Cyberpunk (3).jpg Cyberpunk (4).jpg
Cyberpunk (5).jpg Cyberpunk (6).jpg

More Screenshots from E3

Cyberpunk (7).jpg Cyberpunk (8).jpg
Cyberpunk (9).jpg Cyberpunk (10).jpg
Cyberpunk (11).jpg Cyberpunk (12).jpg

I think they're not done implementing flying cars( with you as driver)...yet. Rowley sounded a bit hesitant on this.
Also some concept art ( lol at hookers beating that guy)

cyberpunk2077-not-dead-yet-rgb-1528839124490_1280w.jpg

cyberpunk2077-trauma-team-in-action-rgb-1528839124505_1280w.jpg

cyberpunk2077-on-the-red-carpet-rgb-1528839124495_1280w.jpg

cyberpunk2077-street-life-rgb-1528839124503_1280w.jpg

[*]Also there’s full frontal nudity and you can take people back to your apartment for a one night stand, if you fancy it

More Screenshots from E3

You're missing the most important screenshots there. :p
Spoilers? Who'd refuse those exact spoilers?

Anyway, your list lacks of some things.
The game allows a "proper" romance:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-romance
Cyberpunk 2077 has full-frontal nudity and one-night stands, but according to CD Projekt Red quest designer Patrick Mills, players will also be able to have a rarer type of romantic encounter: a long-lasting relationship.
Also, V can get several apartments for his… Erm, pleasure?
https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-player-apartment-housing
According to CD Projekt Red level designer Peter Gelencser, "V's apartment will be a standard thing, you can own your apartment and there is a chance to own multiple apartments.

Last edited:
You're missing the most important screenshots there.
Spoilers? Who'd refuse those exact spoilers?
Couldn't find any screenshots for that sorry Joxer.:p

At this point nudity and sex are common with every CD Projekt game.

A setting like this without adressing sex would be ridiculous.
I'm more interested in the long-term relationships though than in one-night stands. These are trivial. But when it comes serious relationships there's still a lot of potential to make them fell more natural and authentic.

Man, I'm surprised at how ablaze the internet is right now about Cyberpunk 2077. Most E3 content constantly mentions how CP2077 is their most hyped game. I've watched so much content, videos, interviews, etc that it starts feeling like an overload. And I'm still hyped. Man, I wonder how long until they release a full-blown gameplay video like they did with Witcher 3. I hope it's not a year, like they did with W3.

But man, I'm so excited right now.

And just to add something consistent to this thread, here's a great interview SkillUp from Laymen Gaming had with one of the writers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuQ6P2P7uLE

I'm curious how they'll handle the dialogue system. Right now, they apparently have a more seamless transition between dialogue and gameplay. Meaning you're able to control the camera while talking to NPCs. And apparently they'll sometimes react to how you're behaving. It'll be interesting.

I can already sense the butthurt from the CD Projekt haters, and it's glorious. :)
I think I would have loved their games and I did try the witcher I twice but it just didn't click.
The main négatives were combat which I didn't enjoy at all and that the main protagonist was too defined for my liking.

I will certainly want to try this game though.

It seems like it may resolve both of these and probably have most of the positives of the other games too.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Short IGN video about the negativity about First Person Perspective.

More interview videos will possibly be added later.

Short IGN video about the negativity about First Person Perspective.

More interview videos will possibly be added later.

I'm really curious how they'll handle the First Person backlash. For now they seem to keep on singing the same old, "it's more immersive song". I have a strong suspicion that the reason it was scrapped is because of budgetary and time constraints. Hell, on one of the first CDPR shareholder conferences, they annually hold, they said they plan for both a FP and a TP perspective. No reason to can that, except for concerns of cost/effort/etc. I refuse to believe they cut that strictly for creative reasons.

Another reason I'm curious how they will handle this, is because quite a big percentage of gamers suffer from a medical condition that causes them to experience nausea while in FP.

Personally, I'd be willing to wait an extra year for the game, if they offered a TP perspective. And quite probably, I'd be playing it both in FP and TP. I have no issues with either. My only concern with FP is due to lack of spatial awareness while playing. And the risk that melee combat might be lacklust in FP, if not done right. Very few FP games do melee combat right. See Dishonored for something decent imo.

And it seems the backlash is not dying out. The main thread on this in the official forums has reached 100+ pages.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/fp-vs-tp-perspective-matters.10970207/

And people are really pissed. Really wonder how CDPR will handle it. It would suck if they ignored the outrage.

One thing I'm maybe hoping, is that at least, they could introduce the TP perspective either post launch in a patch, or part of one of the expansions. If they do plan on doing that.

Man, I'm surprised at how ablaze the internet is right now about Cyberpunk 2077. Most E3 content constantly mentions how CP2077 is their most hyped game. I've watched so much content, videos, interviews, etc that it starts feeling like an overload. And I'm still hyped. Man, I wonder how long until they release a full-blown gameplay video like they did with Witcher 3. I hope it's not a year, like they did with W3.

But man, I'm so excited right now.

And just to add something consistent to this thread, here's a great interview SkillUp from Laymen Gaming had with one of the writers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuQ6P2P7uLE

I'm curious how they'll handle the dialogue system. Right now, they apparently have a more seamless transition between dialogue and gameplay. Meaning you're able to control the camera while talking to NPCs. And apparently they'll sometimes react to how you're behaving. It'll be interesting.

I remember one of their folks talked about some kind of more Interactive, seamless dialogue system, way back:

Closest thing to this, I've seen is from Oxenford ( great indie game), really felt like a dialogue between genuine people. By previews, it's possible they pulled it off.

In reality, the people making a big stink about a first-person view are probably a very small percentage when you consider the size of CDP's fanbase and the amount of Cyberpunk fans.

I'm really curious how they'll handle the First Person backlash. For now they seem to keep on singing the same old, "it's more immersive song". I have a strong suspicion that the reason it was scrapped is because of budgetary and time constraints. Hell, on one of the first CDPR shareholder conferences, they annually hold, they said they plan for both a FP and a TP perspective. No reason to can that, except for concerns of cost/effort/etc. I refuse to believe they cut that strictly for creative reasons.

Another reason I'm curious how they will handle this, is because quite a big percentage of gamers suffer from a medical condition that causes them to experience nausea while in FP.

Personally, I'd be willing to wait an extra year for the game, if they offered a TP perspective. And quite probably, I'd be playing it both in FP and TP. I have no issues with either. My only concern with FP is due to lack of spatial awareness while playing. And the risk that melee combat might be lacklust in FP, if not done right. Very few FP games do melee combat right. See Dishonored for something decent imo.

And it seems the backlash is not dying out. The main thread on this in the official forums has reached 100+ pages.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/fp-vs-tp-perspective-matters.10970207/

And people are really pissed. Really wonder how CDPR will handle it. It would suck if they ignored the outrage.

One thing I'm maybe hoping, is that at least, they could introduce the TP perspective either post launch in a patch, or part of one of the expansions. If they do plan on doing that.

Honestly I'm fine with it...for gameplay: betterc one perspective that's good , than two that work poorly.
But I see no reason why not add an option for plain walking/running in TP. Is that a lot of work?
Melee can actually work pretty well in First Person... when player has more control over attack direction, locational damage, etc. Like Kingdom Come: it's designed for precision, would feel horrible in any other perspective.
But I think they underestimate how much TP can give players more connection to his/her character.

Honestly I'm fine with it…for gameplay: betterc one perspective that's good , than two that work poorly.
But I see no reason why not add an option for plain walking/running in TP. Is that a lot of work?
Melee can actually work pretty well in First Person… when player has more control over attack direction, locational damage, etc. Like Kingdom Come: it's designed for precision, would feel horrible in any other perspective.
But I think they underestimate how much TP can give players more connection to his/her character.

I'm sort of ok, with it, even though I was planning to play a melee character at first. But with regards to it being better for melee, that has not been my experience. I also found Kingdome Come's combat system overly complicated, and didn't work very well half the time. My best experiences were with Dishonored and with Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. And even those I found inferior to TP. I find distance and spatial awareness important to melee, and FP isn't very good for that. I almost never know how close I need to be for a sword/dagger strike to hit, unless I'm very close.

Personally I would have loved to have both modes, and be able to switch between them when using melee weapons, or when using ranged ones.

In reality, the people making a big stink about a first-person view are probably a very small percentage when you consider the size of CDP's fanbase and the amount of Cyberpunk fans.

Yeah, they probably are a small minority, especially the ones that suffer from medical conditions, but I'd hate to be in their shoes right now. As I said, if it's a budgetary decision, I'd love it if they added TP later on, after the launch.

It would be cool to have both views, but in truth, whichever view it's not designed around is probably just going to feel tacked on. At least that's been my experience with almost every game that had both.

You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
Hello Piranha Bytes!

The first video in Couch's last post mention cyberpsychosis, looks like they are still deciding what to do with it in relation to the player which explain why "humanity/empathy" stats aren't present in the demo (it's basically how augmentations/implants acquisition is balanced in the pnp).

Back
Top Bottom