Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup - Page 40 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

December 4th, 2020, 01:11
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
These articles pair well with the "how long is my cyber schlong" posts on Reddit. .
They shared two more articles today as well. Basically nothing but speculation. I used to love the site in the past but the old timers left, and time it changes everything.
--
"My news thread updated weekly for anyone interested in more news." - Couchpotato

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

December 4th, 2020, 03:56
Ugh. Just found out that only on PC/Stadia does it have time zone dependent release times. On console, it's midnight wherever you are. So 8 hours later than I thought it would be for me. It says "4pm Dec 9th" right on my Xbox, but evidently that's bullshit. I'm bummed. I've traveled back in time so many times waiting for this game to be released.

I am pre-loading it right now, for what that's worth. 59.47gb.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

December 4th, 2020, 08:23
At least you're able to pre-load it. I didn't know that was an option on consoles.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)

Yesterday, 06:11
Add Polygon to the list as well @JFarrell71

Cyberpunk 2077's Edgelord Marketing Worked so Well - Polygon
Cyberpunk 2077 has mastered parasocial advertising as only the best influencers can. The game;s Twitter account swaps jokes with Elon Musk, and despite tech billionaire Musk fitting the clichéd description of many cyberpunk villains, both Musk and Cyberpunk 2077 share a similar online presence, stoking controversy and gaining legions of loyal defenders with every tweet. The game's marketing has a Fred Durst-esque faux edginess persona that has defined the conversation around the game. Cyberpunk 2077 already has one of the 20 most-followed gaming subreddits, and it's not even out yet. CD Projekt Red has got everybody talking about this game, though not always for the right reasons.
--
"My news thread updated weekly for anyone interested in more news." - Couchpotato

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Yesterday, 06:15
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
At least you're able to pre-load it. I didn't know that was an option on consoles.
For most games it is. Xbox for some reason started its preload several days before anyone else.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Yesterday, 06:18
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Add Polygon to the list as well @JFarrell71

Cyberpunk 2077's Edgelord Marketing Worked so Well - Polygon
I would qualify as a left wing SJW to many, but I can't fucking stand Polygon. They're the worst of all the cliches rolled into one site.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Yesterday, 06:46
I Got Cyberpunk 2077 EARLY! - THE HUGE Collector's Edition Unboxing!

loading…
I got Cyberpunk 2077 early! So for today's video I do an unboxing of the Collectors Edition of Cyberpunk 2077 and show off all the goodies inside along with the statue and copy of the game!
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Yesterday, 06:53
I miss physical PC collections with the actually DVD game.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Yesterday, 13:39
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I miss physical PC collections with the actually DVD game.
Preordered today on GOG. Wouldn't consider buying anywhere else, since PC physical releases have to be downloaded anyway these days. What sick idea is it to sell DVD box with download code inside? What purpose does it have? Perhaps if intended as a gift, sure cant find another use for it.

Anyway, is it expected GOG will allow pre-loading before actual release? Would be damn annoying if not.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Yesterday, 16:17
Hmmm neither ACG nor Worth A Buy are getting early review codes for the game. Has me a bit worried.. any other critical reviewers who aren't getting a code?

https://www.youtube.com/c/AngryCentaurGaming/community
https://www.youtube.com/user/Worthabuyguys/community

Thiraury

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yesterday, 17:28
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
Anyway, is it expected GOG will allow pre-loading before actual release? Would be damn annoying if not.
"12pm CET"on December 7th. Whenever that is.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Yesterday, 23:25
"12pm CET"on December 7th. Whenever that is.
Thank you! CET is current time where I am, so thats perfectly accurate info for me

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Yesterday, 23:45
Originally Posted by Thiraury View Post
Hmmm neither ACG nor Worth A Buy are getting early review codes for the game. Has me a bit worried.. any other critical reviewers who aren't getting a code?

https://www.youtube.com/c/AngryCentaurGaming/community
https://www.youtube.com/user/Worthabuyguys/community
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure I remember this right, but didn't they spray the community with review codes for Witcher 3? I'm curios about the first reviews (which I heard were dropping on Dec 7, but I found no confirmation for this). It would be interesting if we're in for a scandal of epic proportions due to the game launching in an awful state.

Skill Up also didn't receive a review code. Do we even know who received a code? Is it only the mainstream reviewers? If that's true, that's another thing to add to this worrying.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Today, 00:32
I prefer to read reviews, not watch them, but without any other judgment I will say that the fact that Worth a Buy guy says his review will now be "a couple of days after release" seems like a pretty good reason not to care about his opinion. You can't properly review most games in 2 days, and you certainly can't properly review this one in 2 days.

JFarrell71

Keeper of the Watch

Today, 00:40
I prefer to read reviews, not watch them, but without any other judgment I will say that the fact that Worth a Buy guy says his review will now be "a couple of days after release" seems like a pretty good reason not to care about his opinion. You can't properly review most games in 2 days, and you certainly can't properly review this one in 2 days.
I've been watching his reviews for a long time and it's true that a couple of days won't suffice for a proper review. Still, he is always honest about how much time he's spent on the game and upfront with if he hasn't finished it yet. Sometimes he comes back later with a proper review once he actually has finished the game. Anyway, I doubt all the reviewers who are getting early codes will finish the game before writing a review and I also doubt that most of them will be upfront with how much time they actually spent in the game.

I trust his opinion way more then the mainstream reviewers. He's not without flaws though.
Last edited by Thiraury; Today at 00:58.

Thiraury

Watchdog

Today, 00:44
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Skill Up also didn't receive a review code. Do we even know who received a code? Is it only the mainstream reviewers? If that's true, that's another thing to add to this worrying.
Indeed.. hopefully it's just that CDPR wants the critical reviewers to play the game with the day 1 patch and it's otherwise a great game, just abit buggy before launch.

Thiraury

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup