Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
It seems like the DLC was somewhat lazily integrated. They should have steered players towards an optimal time to start them or even kept them locked until a certain point in the story when playing them makes sense.

I'm currently playing it and am somewhere in ME3, I'd say about halfway through. I've started in ME1 and that Shepard has about 90 hours on the clock now.

Overall I think it is a nicely streamlined experience and having it complete (all DLC) with the improvements made to ME1 en ME2 are worth it for me.

Still one of the best space operas for me :)

I prefer Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 to Mass Effect.

There really aren't many even in contention. System Shock 2 could have if the series kept going instead of switching to Bioshock. Xenosaga? It's got a lot of great moments, but it has a lot of pretentious silliness, too - I don't think it can really compete with Mass Effect.

Knights of the Old Republic is the only other one I can recall that is in the same ball park.

System Shock is more sci-fi horror than space opera. The KotOR games and The Outer Worlds are the only other modern space opera RPGs I can think of. Maybe Starfield will fit the bill.

It's sort of crazy how few RPGs there are that use a traditional sci-fi setting. At least when talking about western RPGs.

I was thinking the 2 first KotOR games too. There are a few other Star-Wars games but they're shooters rather than RPGs.

There seems to be a large preference for the fantasy and post-apo themes in the RPG world.

I enjoyed ME1-3 a lot but couldn't get into both KotORs.

While I love fantasy setting I do wish we will get more space setting RPGs. There are recent/upcoming RPG titles set in post apoc and cyberpunk but none for space setting?

There are recent/upcoming RPG titles set in post apoc and cyberpunk but none for space setting?

Starfield is the only one I can think of, and that's not releasing until 11/2022. It's from Bethesda though so I'm not sure if that's your style.

Did you play The Outer Worlds?

Starfield is the only one I can think of, and that's not releasing until 11/2022. It's from Bethesda though so I'm not sure if that's your style.

Did you play The Outer Worlds?

I used to dislike open world games but maybe its all changed since I enjoyed Valheim. I just wish new Starfield wouldn't cause motion sickness - its one of the reasons I dropped Skyrim.

No, haven't tried outer worlds.

I used to dislike open world games but maybe its all changed since I enjoyed Valheim. I just wish new Starfield wouldn't cause motion sickness - its one of the reasons I dropped Skyrim.

No, haven't tried outer worlds.

I think you might like TOW, but unfortunately it's first-person only. I assume that's what causes you to get motion sickness?

Did you try playing Skyrim in third-person to see if that alleviated it?

I think you might like TOW, but unfortunately it's first-person only. I assume that's what causes you to get motion sickness?

Did you try playing Skyrim in third-person to see if that alleviated it?

Yeah, first person mode usually causes motion sickness for me.

I did try Skyrim in third-person which I found clunky and I still felt a bit sick even then :/

News on the Legendary front...

I started playing Mass Effect 2 recently. As soon as I started it, Origin immediately uninstalled itself, then the new EA App installed and ran. Fine, whatever - the game ran fine. When I finished my play session, though, I hadn't gotten a single achievement. That seemed weird. AAA games like to put a bunch of easy achievements at the start of their games. Also, when I started playing, it gave me credit for having beaten the game before. I have beaten it before, but that was over a decade ago, could I really have that save still??

It turns out that the new EA App is screwy. It seems to think that you've already played the game and 100% it! Hence, no achievements will pop up. What's more, EA has been hearing about this issue with their new app for many months now but hasn't fixed it. Now the new app is required and, naturally, people are mad at EA. Again.

It's possible to get around the issue. Just setting your PC clock back a few months before starting the game will do it if you haven't already had Origin swapped out for the new EA App. Even if you have had the swap done, you can uninstall the EA App, install the old Origin app (still available from direct from EA), put in a setting, and keep playing with the old Origin. There's really not much worry at all if you don't care about achievements except for the big bonus you get for completing the game before.

Dont achieves get saved in the EA account cloud? And i dont think there is a tool like SAM for steam to remove them.
I got annoyed plenty of times with Dragon Age Inquisition steam version. No matter how many times i remove the achieves from steam, if i start the game, it syncs with the ea account and i suddenly unlock 40-50 steam achieves :LOL:, its impossible to unlock them legit on steam for the 2nd time, unless you sync the steam account with another ea account.

Not sure about achievements but I played the new Dead Space on Origin recently, never had a problem with Origin before. I got the EA update which you could not get out of and it all seemed fine.

However, several times during my play through it lost connection and I had to restart the app several times to get it recognising the game. A quick google found that this was not uncommon.

I too had many problems with the EA App. Installed the original Mass Effect 1, but it did not allow me to play (with error message that its an App error and to try again later). Many people on forums had similar problems and could not access games in their origin library. Just another administrative move from EA for "efficiency" of course, screwing customers and so that they can charge more for their games (Oh sorry, services).

Back
Top Bottom