What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread - Page 299 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Default What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Yesterday, 18:44
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Dead Space Downfall

I've seen this a couple of times, usually to get me in the mood for the games. I actually quite like it - though I consider it a guilty pleasure.

It has that "sci-fi horror" ambience that I so love - for no clear reason. Just like the actual games.

If nothing else, they're hitting the exact kind of notes I'm looking for in terms of atmosphere and the proper sense of doom and dread
I enjoyed Downfall, and I usually find animated films hard to watch. They had the right idea with having it take place immediately before the start of Dead Space.

There's another animated film called Dead Space: Aftermath that takes place right before the events of DS 2.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)

Yesterday, 18:51
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I enjoyed Downfall, and I usually find animated films hard to watch. They had the right idea with having it take place immediately before the start of Dead Space.

There's another animated film called Dead Space: Aftermath that takes place right before the events of DS 2.
I watched Aftermath as well

I actually like some of the stories in that one better than Downfall - but the awkward CGI animations that take up half the movie are extremely distracting.

But it actually helped me understand the story of DS2 a little better, so that's something.

DArtagnan

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

Yesterday, 23:36
It was fully English-dubbed when I watched it. That can probably be changed in the options though. Maybe that was just the default setting for my region?
The language spoken in the movie about half of the time is german and another half is english. There are also some dialogues in not sure which languages (arabic?).

I have watched the version with absolutley no dub. And with subs of course.

It is possible that Netflix USA sets dubbed versions as priority, too many times I've seen imdb imbecilles slapping 1/10 on movies only because the spoken language is not english.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
+1:

Today, 00:49
It was fully English-dubbed when I watched it. That can probably be changed in the options though. Maybe that was just the default setting for my region?
Yeah, just started it and it defaulted to English. But if you change it to "German [Original]" and the subtitles to English (not English CC) then you get the English bits in English and the German bits in German and English subs only for the German bits.
The subtitle/audio labels are a little misleading.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

Today, 00:55
Gerald's Game

Been a long time since I've watched a new King adaptation. I'm a newish fan of Mike Flanagan, and this is well done, like most (all?) of his films. Being set almost entirely within one room and with two actors, it's not particularly cinematic…more like a play… but excellent nonetheless.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Today, 03:10
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Gerald's Game
That bit with the cuffs near the end had me freaking cringing. Ouch.
Pretty good adaptation, especially (as you note) given the limited scope of the story.

Re: the director (Flanagan)
I've only seen this and Absentia by him (which I also liked), but Oculus, Hush, and Doctor Sleep are all on my to-watch list.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread