Fallout 76 - DLC Free Because Microtransactions

I don't know why you are surprised. We went down that road on the day Half Life 2 was released as a STEAM game and everybody hailed the new century.

That was the beginning of the end.

Thank you for nothing, Digital Distribution fans.

Well, since I probably won't be interested in the parent product, due to multiplayer, it doesn't bother me that microtransactions will be in the game I'm not playing :D

The principle offends me, even if I never intend to play the game. Probably due to the fact that they are sullying a well known and beloved franchise, well, at least for the first two games it was.

Well, since I probably won't be interested in the parent product, due to multiplayer, it doesn't bother me that microtransactions will be in the game I'm not playing :D

It will bother you once they apply the same mechanics to TES6, based on profitability.

As most have said, this is awful. I see no good coming of this for the traditional single player RPG landscape. What looks bad today will become the new normal eventually. We can only hope platforms like Steam and GoG remain viable for indies to keep releasing games because for me, that's where much of the future lies.

When I was growing up most of the contemporary music I listened to was from indie labels. The big labels put out (mostly) crap and I ignored most of it. Now, as an older guy, most of the music I listen to still comes from small, indie artists putting music out themselves on a variety of digital platforms.

I can only hope the same path remans viable for indie/small studio game devs.

If great old games is smart here, they'll throw their arms around even wider to these independents and smaller companies, making them feel welcome and to have a base to call home. We may be a minority, we few, we happy few that enjoy the single player games, but we can also be quite vocal, continuing to reward those that service us, and avoid those that do not.

If great old games is smart here, they'll throw their arms around even wider to these independents and smaller companies, making them feel welcome and to have a base to call home. We may be a minority, we few, we happy few that enjoy the single player games, but we can also be quite vocal, continuing to reward those that service us, and avoid those that do not.
That's right Offline Single-players Unite. Welcome to OSPU.:highfive:

raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.u4.jpg

pzPbeMV_Jw1y8cTXtFS6LEJdA76RVlq7IIwtcIDaihc.jpg

This five foot Pole also wont touch it :)

Back
Top Bottom