Grimshade - Funded

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Grimshade has been funded on Kickstarter.

$100,000! We reached our goal!

Hi backers! We’ve raised the money we needed. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Now Grimshade has the financing it needs, and our little elves are hard at work putting together your bonuses and gifts.

There are only a few days left until the official close of the campaign, so if you want to support our game, increase your pledge, or purchase some kind of “delicious” add-on, you still can!

Thank you again! You’re the best!

More information.

Good for them. Now hopefully nothing bad happens, and it gets released.:fingerscrossed:

Posted in the comments…

In 6 of the 7 previous days the average backing has been over $700 per person. This is a radical departure from the rest of the campaign, with today bringing in a sudden whopping 20k as we lead up to the end before the final 48 reminders go out, with no announcements or anything to account for a sudden massive influx of big backers. That doesn't seem suspicious at all….

I was thinking the same thing. Just a week ago they had only raised 40%

Posted in the comments… I was thinking the same thing. Just a week ago they had only raised 40%
Well that raises a few red flags, and hopefully nothing bad or shady happened.o_O

Hmmm. For what its worth, the Devs posted this explanation:

Thank you for your kind support! We would like to dispel your doubts. As you can imagine, the development of such an ambitious project as Grimshade costs way more than $ 100 000. Every dollar counts!

The development of Grimshade is currently financed by several private investors. We are also looking for additional resources. The Kickstarter campaign brought us several more people, who are willing to support us with various amounts of money, provided the project is able to raise independently at least $ 50 000. And once this happened, the investors fulfilled their promise. We reached the half-way point, and the small backers were encouraged by this achievement. This is why a rapid increase can be observed. We would never attempt at pouring our own money into the Kickstarter campaign, thus putting at risk our own reputation, that of our investors, and the future of the whole project, in which so much effort and resources have been invested so far.

Grimshade has a lot of fans in Russia and the CIS countries, thanks to our PR-agency that is promoting the game. By the way, our community on the Russian social network, VK.com (https://vk.com/grimshadegame) has over 13 000 subscribers. Several major Russian Internet media published articles about our company. Some of our new investors are indeed from Moscow. Thus, it's no surprise, and your observations are correct :)

If still in doubt, your best option is to wait for the game release on Steam and Nintendo Switch, read the first reviews, and pay for the ready-made game. We will accept any decision you might take, but your trust in us and our game will make us proud and happy.

giphy.gif

Human bodies with animal heads. There is a reason for that in different mythology (Greece, Egypt, etc), but this is a game project.
Then there is a reason for that in Incal (fetish based plastic surgery), in Blacksad (the head describes one's character without words, so fox head person is cunning) and numerous other graphic novels masterpieces. But this is a game project.

Then there are works where stuff like that are only there just because. Like, to show capability of modern CGI (Zashchitniki) which turns a potential hit into an utter failure. Hit or miss, success or fail, doesn't matter really because again, this is a game project, not a movie, not a graphic novel, not mythology.

I can't back this project.
Could. If it wasn't planned as a game.

The primary reason I didn't back it was that it sounded like the game will be broken into many small pieces (sort of like banner saga series) and you are just buying the first piece.

Hi guys! I'm community manager at Talerock) Let me make clear some moments for you.

1. Eleors are not just humans with animal heads. They are anthropomorphic, but they walk, run, fight and think a bit differently!

2. We got tons of backs in the last days. People often back more active projects that are close to the main goal.

3. Grimshade isn't divided into many parts. There are three separate stories inside the Grimshade setting. Every season is a separate game with its own prolog and final.

There are less than three days till the end of the Kickstarter campaign. And you still have opportunity to get the game we great discount $15 for the first season. And $45 for the season pass for the second and third season instead of $25 for the each season at the Steam.

Looking interesting, couldn't see anything about game length, episodic makes me wonder if it's quite short.

One inconsistency I noted in the video at 5:35, it is stated that they have been "working on the project since January 2017", yet the text states "We have been actively developing the game since 2016" One or the other is presumably wrong, it does bug me when incorrect information is presented on a Kickstarter…

Looks good though, has a Baldur's Gate sort of look to it, and I do like anthropomorphic animals, so could be an interesting twist. :)

Daniel.

The twenty-third update explains how combat will work, and some of the places that the team drew inspiration from. I know it's still a long ways off, but man, I want to play this thing!!!

So glad I pulled out from this.... Developers are not shady at all, no sir......

Erm... Okay I did criticize the style up there, but it's a matter of taste. I didn't go analyzing the actual project....

Seasons and season pass?! Jesus Christ.
Look, I'd rather burn my $ on scammy lootboxes in a random phonegame.

Hi once again. Every season is a separate game about 20 hours of gameplay. Every season will tell its own story, NOT one divided into three parts. We call them seasons since they all placed in the world called Ree'Fah and tell stories about the same team of adventures.

And few more words about years of development. The first idea of the game came to the small team of four people at 2016. But since the beginning of the 2017 the team became bigger and started the active development.

Man, you don't have to explain why you took the certain plan. Your choice, your business model.

This is a forum where we discuss stuff and share opinions. Some like something, some don't. The point is I'm alergic to season passes and I wrote that up there. Not everyone is, though, some won't buy a game if there isn't a season pass bundled with it. I can't possibly understand why, but it's their $.
Because of such people who won't buy a full product but only a product with season pass, the scandal(?) is still alive and kicking everywhere. You'll get backers who love season passes on Kickstarter. Sadly for me, luckily for you.

Back
Top Bottom